Food is important for the health and growth of your hair as well, like every other body part. The only difference is that you have to supply the food to the hair follicles before the hair strand grows since once it grows out it is nothing but a dead cell and nothing can make the hair thicker or straighter or healthier. But a healthy diet can keep the hair follicles nourished and the scalp healthy thus preventing hair fall and other various ailments that cause hair fall.
गुड़हल के फूल का वैज्ञानिक नाम रोजा साइनेसिस है. गुड़हल के फूल में कई तरह के पोषक तत्व जैसे कि फाइबर वसा कैल्शियम विटामिन सी आयरन आदि भरपूर मात्रा में पाए जाते हैं. इसलिए गुड़हल का फूल हमें कई बीमारियों से निजात दिलाता है. गुड़हल का फूल हमारे यहां धार्मिक रुप से काफी महत्वपूर्ण है. हिन्दू परम्पराओं में विभिन्न प्रकार के पूजा अनुष्ठानों में उड़हुल का फूल का इस्तेमाल किया जाता है.लेकिन आज हम इस लेख में उड़हुल के लाभ के बारे में जानेंगे. तो आइए इस लेख के माध्यम से हम गुड़हल के फूल के फायदे को जानें.
बालों के लिए गुड़हल के फूल के फायदे-
यदि आप अपने बालों को सुंदर और स्वस्थ रखना चाहते हैं तो गुड़हल का फूल एक बेहतर विकल्प हो सकता है. उड़हुल के ताजे फूलों को पीसकर बालों पर लगया जा सकता है. इसके अलावा यदि आप चेहरे पर हुए मुंहासे से परेशान हैं तो इसके लिए लाल गुडहल की पत्तियों को पानी में उबाल कर पीस लें। अब इस पेस्ट में शहद को मिला कर त्वचा पर लगाएं. यह आपको मुहांसे से राहत प्रदान करता है. गुड़हल के फूल का प्रयोग हम बालों की कई समस्याओं के लिए भी कर सकते हैं. गुड़हल की पत्तियों को जैतून के पत्तों के साथ मिलाकर बने पेस्ट को 10 से 15 मिनट के लिए सिर पर लगाकर रखें इसके बाद इसे गुगुने पानी से धो लें. इससे आपके बाल घने दिखाई देने लगेंगे. इसके अलावा गुड़हल की पत्तियों को पीसकर इसमें नारियल तेल मिलाकर थोड़ा गर्म कर लें. अब इस तेल को अपने सिर पर मालिश करने के लिए प्रयोग करें. इससे आपके बालों में चमक और मजबूती आती है. बालों लिए गुड़हल के फूल का प्रयोग हम बालों की कई समस्याओं के लिए भी कर सकते हैं. गुड़हल के पत्तों और फूलों से बना पेस्ट प्राकृतिक कंडिशनर का काम करता है.
गुड़हल के फूल के अन्य फायदे भी हैं-
गुड़हल के फूल की कुछ प्रजातियों बहुत सुंदर और आकर्षक होते है. इसलिए कुछ प्रजातियों को उड़हुल के सुंदरता और आकर्षक होने के कारण लगाया जाता है. आपको जानकार हैरानी होगी कि नींबू, पुदीना आदि की तरह के औषधीय गुण गुड़हल में भी मौजूद होते हैं। इसलिए इसकी चाय भी हमारे सेहत के लिए अच्छी मानी जाती है. गुड़हल के कई प्रजातियों में से एक प्रजाति ‘कनाफ’ का इस्तेमाल कागज निर्मित करने के लिए भी किया जाता है. इसके अलावा एक अन्य प्रजाति ‘रोज़ैल’ का इस्तेमाल मुख्य रूप से कैरिबियाई देशों में सब्जी, चाय और जैम बनाने में भी किया जाता रहा है. गुड़हल के फूलों को हमलोग देवी और गणेश जी की पूजा में अर्पण करने के लिए भी किया जाता है. इनके फूलों में त्वचा को मुलायम बनाने के साथ-साथ आर्तवजनक, फफूंदनाशक, और प्रशीतक जैसे गुणों की भी मौजूदगी होती है।
कई कीट प्रजातियों के लार्वा इसका इस्तेमाल भोजन के रूप में भी करते हैं। इसके फूलों और पत्तियों को पीस कर इसका लेप सर पर लगाने से बाल झड़ने और रूसी की समस्याओं से कारगर तरीके से निपटा जा सकता है। यही नहीं इसका इस्तेमाल केश तेल बनने के लिए भी किया जाता है। इसका प्रयोग केश तेल बनाने में भी किया जाता है. गुड़हल के फूल को परंपरागत हवाई महिलायें अपने कान के पीछे से टिका कर पहनने के लिए भी करती हैं। ये बहुत रोचक बात है क्योंकि इस संकेत का अर्थ ये होता है कि वो महिला अविवाहित है और वो विवाह के लिए उपलब्ध है.
* गुड़हल के फूलों का इस्तेमाल बालों को आकर्षक और स्वस्थ रखने के लिए भी किया जा सकता है. गुड़हल के फूलों को पानी में उबाल कर बाल धोने से हेयर फॉल की समस्या दूर हो जाती है. यह एक तरह का आयुर्वेदिक उपचार है.
* गुड़हल की 10 ग्राम पत्तियों को मेहंदी और नींबू के रस में मिलाकर बालों की जड़ों से सिरे तक अच्छे से लगाएं. इस विधि से बालों के डैंड्रफ खत्म हो जाती है.
* इसका उपयोग कॉस्मेटिक में भी किया जाता है. भारत में गुड़हल की पत्तियों और फूलों से हर्बल आईशैडो बनती है.
* गुड़हल का फूल शरीर की सूजन के साथ-साथ खुजली तथा जलन जैसी समस्याओं से भी राहत देता है. गुड़हल के फूल की ताजी पत्तियों को अच्छी तरह पीस कर सूजन तथा जलन वाली जगह पर लगाएं, कुछ ही मिनटों में समस्या दूर हो जाएगी.
* बच्चों के लिए हर्बल शैम्पू बनाने में भी इसका उपयोग होता है, क्योंकि यह माइल्ड होता है.
* गुड़हल के फूल और पत्तों का उपयोग त्वचा से झुर्रियां दूर करने में भी किया जाता है.
Aromatherapy is an ancient practice that dates back to ancient times across many cultures. This is a practice where concentrated oils are used to treat many imbalances and disorders within the body. The oils emit a fragrance or aroma, through which many important molecules enter your blood stream which have a healing effect. The oils can be applied on the skin and the aroma is then absorbed directly into the body through it. They can also be used as an aromatic agent where you need to sniff them in order for the molecules to get inside the body and then be absorbed into your blood.
What kind of oils are generally used in aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy uses essential oils similar to the ones used for massage in many other forms of alternative medicine such as Ayurveda and Chinese medicine. These oils have the organic compounds within the plants or respective sources concentrated into a small dose so it can pass on the benefits of those compounds to you, healing your body. Some of the types of oils used in aromatherapy are –
1. Peppermint oil
2. Tee tree oil
3. Lavender oil
4. Frankincense oil
5. Lemon oils among many others
How are essential oils made?
Essential oils are made from natural ingredients such as herbs and resins of different plants. These can be extracted from the following sources of a plant, tree or herb:
7. Stems etc.
Aromatic oils tend to be powerful as a lot of ingredients go into the making of a small quantity of oil. It is estimated that it takes multiple kilos of an ingredient to make only a few milliliters of an essential oil. Due to the immense concentration of the powerful organic compounds created by this, organic oils are very effective and thus potent in curing ailments. The compounds are separated through a distillation process that separates the oils from the other components.
How and where are essential oils in aromatherapy effective?
Aromatherapy is very effective in dealing with lesser ailments and also as a supplementary form of treatment for other larger problems such as recovery form surgery and pain relief. Some of the more common areas where aromatherapy is very helpful are:
1. Relieving and reducing stress
2. Relief from joint pain
3. Resisting Cold and flu like infections
4. Building the immunity of the body
5. Improving the appearance and health of your skin by fighting wrinkles, skin infections and inflammation
6. Reduce pain from inflammation and other disorders
7. Corrects and properly regulates hormone production within the body
8. Helps with gastrointestinal problems as well as improving digestion among many other such benefits
Certain specific types of essential oils and their benefits in aromatherapy
1. Lavender oil: Helps heal burns and cuts quicker, relaxes your body and improves your mood
2. Peppermint oil: Helps with digestion, builds up immunity, and helps with the ability to focus among others
3. Rosemary oil: Helps build hair strength, improves memory and brain function in general
4. Sandalwood oil: Improves skin quality, fights inflammation and wrinkles and also acts a as a libido booster
5. Rose oil: Extremely effective for combatting skin problems as well as for natural glow of the skin
6. Tea tree oil: An excellent immunity booster, Tea tree oil also has antifungal and antimicrobial properties which can fight off infections and cure the ailments much quicker.
Healthy and lustrous hair is an essential part of looking good. Many of us realise it when we have a bad hair day! People with great hair make a huge social impact. Take care of your diet to ensure that you have great hair.
Darunak or commonly known as dandruff, is a disorder that affects the scalp. Dandruff causes white, dry flakes of dead skin cells to shed from the scalp. Although dandruff rarely causes baldness and hair loss, the itchiness of this condition may most certainly be a cause of concern. If white flakes persist for a long time, the person may experience symptoms of seborrhea, psoriasis, or eczema. According to Ayurveda, Darunak is a Vatakapha predominant tridoshaj disease. According to Acharya ‘Sushrut’, Madhav’ and Yogratnakar’, Darunak have symptoms like Itching, White scales like structures, Dryness in the scalp. Along with aforesaid symptoms of Acharya Vagbhatta also considered Hair loss and Numbness of scalp. The Adhisthan (place of origin) of this disease is the keshbhumi (Scalp).
Over time, proponents of Ayurveda have conducted various researches on this disease, trying to find out an effective solution when it comes to dandruff related problems.
Prolonged Treatment for Wet or Oily dandruff:
The scalp skin produces sebum (Kapha), which is an oily substance. This sebum helps in keeping your scalp and hair hydrated. It is a natural process, without which your hair may turn dry and frizzy. However, when this sebum (kapha) is over produced due to certain reasons, you may suffer from problems of the scalp. Over production of sebum (kapha) causes oily scales to appear on the scalp, which may cause severe itching and may also result in infection. Therefore, wet dandruff requires prolonged treatment, whereas it is easier to treat dry dandruff.
Impurity in the blood:
According to Ayurvedic system of medicine, dry dandruff is caused because of ‘Vata Pradhan Kapha dosha’. On the other hand, wet dandruff is caused because of ‘Kapha Pradhan Vata dosha’. As per Acharya Videha Pitta and Kapha are involved in causing darunak i.e. Dandruff. The vitiation of Vata and Pitta in the body leads to vitiation of Raktadhatu(blood) thus giving rise to impurities in the blood. This in turn leads to poor nourishment of the scalp. In such cases, detoxification of blood is also required to get rid of dandruff.
Ayurveda places the problem of dandruff in the category of Shudra Roga, which appears due to an imbalance of all three doshas (Ayurvedic humor). The primary doshas involved are Kapha and Vata.Kapha is an Ayurvedic humor which symbolizes Softness, Stickiness, provides nourishment & lubrication. Vata is dry and rough in nature. In an aggravated state, both doshas as per their predominance cause the production of specific impurities in scalp, which are dry and sticky in nature. These impurities accumulate in the deep tissues of the scalp and contaminate them. Contamination of the deep tissues and aggravated Vata-Kapha Dosha causes itching and flaky patches on the scalp. Due to these factors, the scalp sheds larger than normal amounts of dead epidermal cells, which leads to the problem of dandruff.
The Ayurvedic line of treatment is to generally pacify Kapha and Vata through herbal medicines, as well as a tailor-made diet and lifestyle plan. Also, special herbs are administered to cleanse the body of accumulated digestive impurities.
For oral use Bactimo cap 2 cap rwice for 7 days.
Hair loss due to androgenetic alopecia or pattern baldness is a condition that affects both men and women equally. Surgical hair transplantation is the only solution for restoring the lost hair in pattern baldness when medical hair restoration does not offer you a good hair re-growth.
If you have well-defined and clearly established areas or patterns of baldness on the crown with healthy dense coverage of hair at the sides and the back of the head, you are probably suitable for a hair transplant surgery. Hair that is transplanted in the frontal region of the skull generally offers the best results. However, a hair transplant procedure can also be carried out on any other area of your head if you have some bald patch there.
It is best to have detailed information about the hair transplant procedure before you make plans to undergo a surgery. It is only after you have read through all the information that you can understand and appreciate the significance of surgical hair restoration. The information will also help you decide whether you are the right candidate for the hair transplant surgery. Receiving a hair transplant can improve your appearance and self-confidence.
All those who can opt for a hair transplant:
Hair replacement isn’t a good option for:
Two types of procedures
It's worth noting that there are new surgical techniques involved in hair transplants:
Hair transplant do, of course, utilise your own natural hair and re-growth can be expected within 4 weeks of surgery. Great care must be taken during your recovery period to protect the newly-transplanted hair. However, once it is deemed safe to resume normal activities, the results can be life-transforming. A successful hair transplant is permanent and can restore confidence and self-esteem.
Hair fall and hair loss are common problems experienced by people all over the world. Hair fall may occur due to various reasons such as dandruff, combing and due to some diseases. For instance, Alopecia areata is a common cause of hair loss. Homeopathy is an efficient form of treatment for hair fall. The treatment may be lengthy but it works from the roots and cures the underlying problem of the condition. Here are several homeopathic medicines, which help in controlling the hair fall.
Hair fall is a very common problem, and homeopathy is a very effective way of treating this condition. Hair fall may occur due to various conditions and there are homeopathic medicines to treat all of them.
Hair is technically dead tissue and considering that, we spend a whole of a lot of time and currency on our hair. That is probably because hair plays a big part in our appearance. Changing your hair color or merely getting a different hairstyle can change your appearance to an extent that some might find you unrecognizable. On the contrary, you can go into a week-long depression, if your hair stylist has let you down with the bob-cut your favourite celebrity has sported so beautifully. Like nails, hair is an extension of the epidermal layer of the skin and is mainly composed of proteins. Apart from adding to your appearance, it also provides warmth and protection to your head.
So it is obvious that maintaining healthy hair is something we all want and would like. Here are a few tips that will help that mane flow beautifully-
Minerals are important constituents that the body needs for proper cellular functioning as every process of the body requires the presence and action of these elements. An imbalance in these essential elements can cause several health problems including hair loss. The various minerals have to be in harmony with one another as too much of a particular mineral can lead to an imbalance in another.
Causes of Mineral Imbalance
Coming to the causes, several reasons can lead to an imbalance in your mineral levels and these are:
List of Minerals required for Hair Growth:
1. Calcium - The first mineral that your hair requires is calcium. This vital mineral plays a key role in stimulating the growth of hair follicles. The foods that you can turn to for your daily calcium dose are nuts, almonds, beans, vegetables, etc.
2. Magnesium - Following closely after calcium and one which must be taken together with calcium is magnesium. Without the presence of magnesium, the consumption of calcium can be harmful for the body. Both these elements are used by the body in tandem. So, foods you can have to meet this requirement are cashews, milk, almonds and so on.
3. Potassium - Lack of potassium in your diet can cause you to lose hair as well. Increasing the intake of this mineral helps in removing the buildup of sodium around your hair follicles that interfere with the absorption of nutrients required for strong hair. Potassium can be obtained from bananas, whole grains, almonds, etc.
4. Zinc - Another element that helps in the growth of hair is zinc. This mineral is vital for DNA synthesis of hair follicles, helping them to divide and multiply. Seafood, pumpkin seed, avocado, etc can be good sources of zinc.
5. Iron - Iron deficiency can bring about hair loss. When there isn't adequate iron in your diet, your body consumes ferritin (a protein responsible for storing iron in your body tissues) found in non-essential tissue such as your hair bulbs, resulting in shedding of your hair before it is able to reach its optimal length.
6. Selenium - Inadequate selenium in your body can cause you to suffer from thyroid problems, and subsequently hair loss. Whole grains and broccoli are two selenium-rich food sources that you can take to help your hair to grow properly.
7. Copper - Copper plays a very important role in your hair health. It gives growth, colour and strength to your hair. Sesame seeds and seafood are options that you can take to meet your copper requirement.
Dyeing one's hair has become a modern trend. Streaks, highlighting with a blond color or changing the hair color altogether is done often to alter one's looks. However, most hair colors contain chemical ammonia, which causes hair to become brittle and dry. Here are a few tips to color your hair and keep it fabulous, all at the same time. Read on more to find all about it.
One of the most important things to consider before coloring your hair. Deep condition your hair. Avoid applying chemicals to your hair one month prior to the actual coloring. This helps in reducing the damage your hair takes during coloring. It also revitalizes your hair, which it received via styling or heat.