Hair is technically dead tissue and considering that, we spend a whole of a lot of time and currency on our hair. That is probably because hair plays a big part in our appearance. Changing your hair color or merely getting a different hairstyle can change your appearance to an extent that some might find you unrecognizable. On the contrary, you can go into a week-long depression, if your hair stylist has let you down with the bob-cut your favourite celebrity has sported so beautifully. Like nails, hair is an extension of the epidermal layer of the skin and is mainly composed of proteins. Apart from adding to your appearance, it also provides warmth and protection to your head.
So it is obvious that maintaining healthy hair is something we all want and would like. Here are a few tips that will help that mane flow beautifully-
Consuming foods which are rich in lean protein, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables will help in maintaining your hair's health.
Eczema of the scalp, which results in itching, flaking, or crusting of the scalp, is called scalp peeling or is commonly referred to as “dandruff”. This condition causes increased shedding of normal scalp skin cells. Dandruff may also be caused by a fungal infection, other than just dehydration of the scalp.
The causes of an extremely dry scalp, thereby causing dandruff or even bigger flakes falling from the head onto shoulders and clothes, may be due to scalp psoriasis, eczema, poor nutrition, generalized dehydration, exposure to too much direct heat, and using too much of shampoo.
The three types of dandruff that need to be treated are those resulting from fungal growth, dry scalp and the one resulting from product build-up.
To treat this kind of dandruff, one should wash hair more often or simply aim for using minimum chemical-rich hair products.
Hair loss and balding is very common heath issue in men and women. Stressful lifestyle, pollution, lack of proper diet and lack of proper care are all the causes of sudden hair loss. People who are worried about the hair fall go for so many remedies of different health care system, but they provide only temporary solutions. As Ayurveda remedies are the natural and holistic system of the health cure. Many people are going towards Ayurvedic ingredients can help you cure hair loss issues. Hair loss and balding is the very embarrassing condition for both males and females. The early stages of the hair loss can be easily decreased and even stopped completely.
Ayurvedic approach believes that hair loss and balding can be controlled by targeting the body type or mind-body structure. Pitta Dosha is also considered as the primary cause of the hair fall. Ayurveda says that the improved lifestyle and proper diet could cure Pitta Dosha. Ayurvedic remedies for hair loss are made of natural herbs to that can improve hair growth and reduce hair loss.
Any of the natural or specially prepared medicines can give amazing results and you can get rid of hair fall issues. But before using any of the remedies consultation of the expert Ayurvedic physician is suggested for the safe and harms fewer results.
1. FIGS – A rare fruit of source of calcium, figs may help prevent the bone loss. They are very high in fiber, so that which is reduce the risk of cancers. Eat them like this: Slice fresh, unpeeled figs, and serve it with cheese or on a salad; toss dried figs into a mix of dried fruits, grains, and nuts, even chocolate. Fig’s that aren’t completely ripe can irritate the mouth, so look for soft, aromatic ones.
2. BEETS – Nutrient-packed beets may sharpen your mind. They produce nitric acid, which helps increase blood flow throughout your body – including the areas of the brain that are associated with degeneration and dementia. Eat them like this: Roast, then puree beets into a dip with curd that has been drained in a cloth or filter to remove the whey, and horseradish, or grate raw beets into a salad.
3. FRESH CRANBERRIES: Sure, cranberries are the superstar at treating urinary tract infection, but these tart little fruits may also help prevent heart disease. They are rich in anthocyanin, flavones, and proanthocyanidins, plant chemicals that keep LDL cholesterol from oxidizing and sticking to artery walls. Eat them like this: Sauté cranberries and serve with meat, or combine with banana, pineapple, and orange for a fruit salad – the sweeter fruits naturally balance out the tartness.
4. ORANGEPITH: You already know that orange is a great source of vitamin C, but eat as much as you can of the pith –the spongy white layer between the zest and the pulp that clings to a peeled orange –too. Although bitter, the pith stores a good amount of the fiber and antioxidants, (Try to choose organic oranges if you eat the pith). Eat like it this: Put whole orange slices in a smoothie; roast thin slices and serve with the whole wheat pancakes.
5. EGGS: These inexpensive protein sources crackle with health benefits: Zinc and Iron support healthy hair and strong nails, and lecithin yolks are rich in chorine, who helps repair neurological damage and move cholesterol through the bloodstream. Eat them like this: Scramble eggs with a handful of spinach, or top a bowl of vegetables and brown rice with a (lightly) fried egg, sesame seeds, and soya sauce for a Korean-inspired meal.
6. SESAME SEEDS: The seeds are also one of the richest sources of iron, and when people with high level of LDL cholesterol ate a few spoonfuls of sesame seeds a day, their LDL level dropped by almost 10 percent more than when they followed a healthy diet sans sesame seed. Eat them like this: Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on oatmeal; top steamed vegetables with sesame seeds and sesame or olive oil; make hummus with tahini, a sesame seed butter.
7. BROCCOLI: The sulforaphane in broccoli may help your body fight off infections that inflame the lungs and arteries. Surprisingly, frozen verities may contain 35% more beta-carotene by weight than fresh broccoli. Finally, broccoli’s high level of vitamin C helps create collagen, which keeps the firm, glowing and healthy skin. Eat it like this: Toss steamed florets with tomato sauce and toasted walnuts for a side fish, or scatter atop a pizza before baking.
8. CELERY LEAVES: Celery leaves are the most nutritious part of the plant and that is containing high iron, calcium, potassium, beta-carotene, and vitamin C and also vitamin D than the stalks. Eat them like this: Use like parsley, or mix into salad.
Like good health and youth, most of us take our locks for granted, until they're gone. For many people, a hair transplant can help bring back what looks like a full - or at least a fuller - head of hair. A hair transplant is a procedure in which a dermatological surgeon moves hair to a bald area of the head. The surgeon usually moves hair from the back or side of the head to the front or top of the head. Hair transplants typically occur in a medical office under local anesthesia. Receiving a hair transplant can improve your appearance and self-confidence.
Good candidates for a hair transplant are:
Hair replacement isn't a good option for:
Care Post Operation:
After the surgery, your scalp may be very tender. You may need to take pain medications for several days. You will be prescribed an antibiotic or an anti-inflammatory drug to take for several days. Most people are able to return to work 2 to 5 days after the operation. The treated area should be protected from the sun.
Hair Regrowth Tips
Many people want strong and healthy hair especially as they grow older. So, in this article, we have covered the best hair regrowth tips which actually works for you.
1. Interestingly HAIR GROWS AROUND 0.5 INCHES (1.25CM) PER MONTH AND 6 INCHES (15CM) PER YEAR.
2. How fast it grows depends on factors like age, health, genetics and diet.
3. Eating a balanced diet with the right nutrients will enhance the hair growth. So, in this article, you can know the complete hair regrowth tips.
SOME OF THE INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT “HAIR”
1. Hair is a protein filament that grows from follicles found in the dermis (inner layer of the skin).
2. It is primarily composed of the protein called ALPHA- KERATIN.
3. Hair growth begins inside the hair follicle.
It follows a specific growth cycle with” 3 “distinct and concurrent phases.
1) Anagen phase- lasts 2-8 years
2) Catagen phase- where hair stops growing lasts 4-6 weeks.
3) Telogen phase- where hair falls out lasts 2-3 months; all these phases occur simultaneously.
Each has specific characteristics that determine the length of the hair.
FACTORS AFFECTING THE HAIR GROWTH
1. Age, health, diet, hormones, seasonal changes and climate.
REASON: It reduces the blood and oxygen supply to the scalp, which is essential to healthy hair.
*According to KIDS HEALTH, it’s normal to lose between 50 – 100 hairs a day.
In order to grow hair faster, there should be minimal hair loss. Hence will discuss some features about hair loss like causes, diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
CAUSES FOR HAIR LOSS
1. The most common cause is hereditary male or female pattern baldness.
2. Hormonal changes associated with pregnancy, childbirth, discontinuing the use of birth control pills and menopause can cause temporary hair loss.
3. Medical conditions like thyroid disease, alopecia areate (an autoimmune disease that attacks hair follicles) and some scalp infections.
4. A diet lacking in protein, iron and other nutrients can lead to thinning hair.
To know more about the causes of hair loss, read the complete article.
1. 1st cause of treatment for hair loss is medication.
2. Most common products contain an ingredient Bhringraj and Rishi Grow Hair oil works wonder in getting your hair back with better strength.
3. Oral medication like Capsule Hair Grow, Capsule Hair care for male or female pattern baldness can be advised.
4.Herbal Plant and Panchkarma Procedures like Shirodhara, Shirobasti , Nasyam will help to regrow hair naturally.
PREVENTION OF HAIR LOSS
1. Avoid tight hair styles, which put too much pressure on hair.
2. Avoid blow dryers, hair straighteners, coloring products etc.
3. Make sure you have a balanced diet and getting adequate amount of iron and protein.
4. Hereditary hair loss may be more difficult to treat but certain procedures such as Leech Therapy, Jivadan (PRP), Shirdhara, Basti (Medicated Enema) can help reduce the appearance of baldness.
5. Talk to your our Panchkarma Trichologist Experts to explore all your options to lessen the effects of hair loss.
Mornings are hard for many of us. Whether you pulled an all-nighter, didn't sleep well, or are rushed to get out of the house on time, you still want to look good. This can be achieved with a little bit of preparation the night before and a solid morning routine.
Pick out your outfit - Before you go to bed, decide what you will wear tomorrow. This will keep you from digging through your closet, trying on a bunch of clothes, and making a mess. Once you make a choice, lay out the shoes, accessories, and anything else you plan to wear.
Get enough sleep - Sleep is important for your mental and physical health. Try to get between 7 and 9 hours of sleep each night. While you are sleeping, blood flow to your skin increases. Adequate sleep will keep your eyes from being puffy and keep you from waking up with dull skin.
Stay hydrated - Your skin is comprised primarily of water and needs to be hydrated from both the inside and outside. If you do not drink enough water, your skin can become dry and flaky. Aim for 8 glasses of water a day to keep your skin hydrated and looking healthy.
Wash your face - Always wash your face before you go to bed. During the day, your skin is exposed to pollution, dirt, sweat, and bacteria. Washing your face at night will remove all of the day's gunk from your face. Going to bed with a dirty face can cause an acne breakout and leave you with dull looking skin in the morning.
Moisturize your skin - Night time is a great time to moisturize your skin. Although you are sleeping, your body is still working to repair your tissues. The increased blood flow you experience when you sleep helps your skin better absorb the moisture that you apply to your skin.
Prep your hair - Sleeping in a bun is good way to have good hair day when you wake up. If you have longer hair, put your hair in a ponytail and wrap it into a twist. When you wake up in the morning, you will have soft waves in your hair. If your hair is not long enough for one ponytail, try doing little mini-buns all over your head for the same effect.
Long and lustrous hair is what almost every woman wants. Long hair look very beautiful and every woman hopes that they have long and strong hair. Ayurvedic ways have been in use for more than a hundred years and have always helped whoever applied them. Generally they do not have any kind of side-effects and therefore, they are safe for use.
1. Bhringraj: Bhringraj juice is a very good ayurvedic remedy for having long hair. Bhringraj is also referred as the ‘King Of Herbs’. You will have to grind the leaves in order to extract the juice which has to he applied to the hair and kept for 20 minutes after which you can wash it off with cold water. Do this twice or thrice a week for better efficiency.
2. Coconut oil: Nothing can beat coconut oil when it comes to its benefits for hair. It is one of the most effective Ayurvedic treatment you can provide your hair with. Coconut oil has immense benefits and one of the benefits is that it helps in having long and shiny hair. It also nourishes the scalp and keeps it healthy. You must apply coconut oil to your hair before you shampoo it. Coconut oil also helps in keeping your scalp healthy.
3. Amla: Amla is another ingredient which has been used in Ayurveda extensively. Amla has many benefits and one of its benefits is helping in having healthy and long hair. Dry amla has to be mixed with lukewarm water which then has to be applied over the scalp.
4. Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is a very important herb which is used in Ayurveda. This helps the body in getting rid of the harmful toxins. Once the body gets rid of the harmful toxins long and healthy hair also starts to grow.
5. Lemon peel and curry leaves: You can use a mixture of curry leaves and lemon peel by mixing both of the ingredients together and add green gram and fenugreek seeds to the mixture as well. Apply the mixture on your hair and wash it off with shampoo to get long and healthy hair.
So these are the best ayurvedic remedies which can be used to nourish your hair and let them grow.
Homeopathic medications that cure hair problems
1. Arnica Montana: Homeopathic oils can prove to be effective in treating hair problems. They need to be used regularly and over a long period of time. The Arnica Montana oil is widely used to accelerate hair regeneration. This oil contains jaborandi, arnica mont, cantharis and lycopodium. Applying this oil on a daily basis can rid you of scalp infections, dandruff, rough hair, premature graying and hair breakage.
2. Kali Sulphuricum: You need to be extremely careful regarding the dosage of this particular medicine. Kali Sulphuricum should not be taken routinely for more than two weeks at a stretch. You should take this medicine twice a day to achieve desired results. Researches show sulphur is good for the general health of your hair. It is known to treat hair damage successfully. It also fights dandruff.
3. Natrum Muriaticum: Hormonal imbalances are prevalent in human beings of all age groups. It might affect you during puberty, teenage, pregnancy, mid life or during late adulthood. While on one hand it leads to dermatological problems on the other hand it can hamper the overall health of your hair. If you are losing hair due to malfunctioning hormones, your homeopathic doctor may administer this medicine to help your case. Natrum Muriaticum can remedy conditions like dry crusts on your scalp, and hair thinning arising from menstrual or skin problems. This medicine contains sodium chloride in great amounts.
4. Phosphorus: The scalp gets dirty very easily. This can lead to increased hair loss. Phosphorus triggers hair growth and is prescribed if you are losing hair in patches. People who have frizzy hair tend to develop split ends very easily. Phosphorus can help in treating such split ends.
5. Kalium Carbonicum: People who are reticent and have a conformist mindset are advised to take this medication to cure hair problems. Kali Carbonicum has the same compounds Egyptians used to make glass. It is valuable in the treatment of brittle hair. It can promote hair growth in regions that are balding.