Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Forgetfulness Questions

Hi, My age is 24 I was falling in depression from last one year I have already treated on depression and reduced depression almost 80 percent but my problems is now that I am forgetting everything mostly in study so I request you doctor please suggest me and give me better treatment for memory power.

Dr. Sanjeev Tripathi 88% (78 ratings)
Masters in Clinical Psychology, Bachelor in Psychology
Psychologist, Indore
If you are taking medicines may be it is side effects of medicine. You have to ask and advise to your doctor about that and request to minimising the medicine. You should take psychotherapy and counselling sessions for that. Now.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Im 28 years old. Got married at 26. But the marriage does not work and we got separated for several months. I want to start study and find out a good job in future. But I stick to this relationship problems whole day along. Whole day I just think about it. N get upset. Thats why can not can not concentrate on study. But I want to forget everything and start afresh life. I know everything but I can not control myself. Becoming restless day by day. What should I do? please help.

Im 28 years old. Got married at 26. But the marriage does not work and we got separated for several months. I want to...
Please try to be positive forget the past, do yoga or meditation daily morning, try to reduce the medicines you are taking, if possible change your location for some months, try to visit nearby temple every day. Take interest in whatever you like to do like painting, singing etc. You are the only one who can help you.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

How to forget someone to whom we are deeply attached? I want to remove all his past memories from my mind.

Dr. Niveditha Srinivasamurthy 91% (641 ratings)
Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), MSCP
Ayurveda, Bangalore
The more you try to remove him, the more you will be attached. First, get into some physical activity - 50 minutes daily. This will help you gain better mental control as well. Then keep yourself busy with work and hobbies, for the next 30 days. It takes about 30 days for the emotions to heal. So it very very important that you keep yourself busy the next 30 days. A combination of the above mentioned physical ad mental activities will tire you and help you sleep better. Sleep is a natural healer of the mind. After 30 days, confide about this to a friend or a counselor. The moment you confide, all your feelings will disappear. It is better to meet a trained counselor because they can take you through the whole thing in a more professional way It is not possible to erase the memory of a person, but the memory will cease to hurt you. Now, go ahead and start your 30 days now, good luck.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I'm a salaried person seeking to improve my professional and personal efficiency. I'm leading a happy and normal life barring few troubling habits which I'm unable to control through conscious efforts. The personality related problems I'm facing are :- 1. I forget names, things, tasks given to me etc 2. I can not keep things to myself, I open out to others very easily and I'm extremely honest at times 3. Impulsive 4. Last min work / poor time mgt 5. Inability to org my tasks, table or files etc 6. Lack of zest and go factor 7. Lack of alertness / lost / As if overloaded CPU becomes slow 8. While having Fun with friends or talking to senior boss, I can not crack witty jokes. I tend to converse in a very "work centric" manner. I mean I'm only able to think of serious discussions concerning actionable things like profession related issues. 9. Judgemental errors in pressure situations 10. Premature ejaculation Please let me know if hypnosis can help. Also if it has to be a repetitive process (In which case I would also request for a recording)

MD - Psychiatry
Psychiatrist, Kannur
I'm a salaried person seeking to improve my professional and personal efficiency. I'm leading a happy and normal life...
Hi, I appreciate your honesty in writing complaints and the specificity you shown here. After readingabout your complaints I am having the opinion that you are suffering from attention deficit disorder. This adult ADHD have to be differentiated from anxiety disorder. You will definitely benefit from medications and the last complaint you have written also will be reduced by same medicine. Hypnosis is not a solution for this and may worsen your symptoms.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir if we do masturbation in exam times then we will forget our study what we have read or not my body needs masturbation so it will make any problem in exam times?

Dr. Col V C Goyal 94% (9050 ratings)
CCEBDM, PG Diploma In Clinical cardiology, MBBS
General Physician, Ghaziabad
Sir if we do masturbation in exam times then we will forget our study what we have read or not my body needs masturba...
do not indulge in this practice. concentrate on ur studies at present rest of the things can be done later
Submit FeedbackFeedback

How to cope up with breakup issues .I m unable to move on and forget that person.

Dr. Surbhi Agrawal 89% (19096 ratings)
General Physician, Nashik
First of all I'd like to tell you that try to accept the change in life. Accept that past is past and you have to move on. You have to convert the pain, stress and frustration into positive things. Try to find motivation to move up in all what happened to you after break up. It's common to have aggravated depressive and anxiety symptoms after break up but in most individuals these don't last more than 6 months. These symptoms of adjustment disorder usually remit by own. The poor memory, stress and anger are due to lack of focus. To come out of these symptoms stay outdoors as much as possible. This will help you to distract yourself from past. Try to find a new hobby and if possible learn it or complete it. Reading, completing a new course, gym etc are options. Try to find interests in these things. If symptoms are severe and persist then visit a psychiatrist for help. Medicines like SSRIs can help to reduce the depression. Fluoxetine or Escitalopram can be used for short time and will help you to come out of depression. These are safe medicines and can be used without any worries.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sometimes I forget some names of my known persons. Some words also I forget. This is happening about from one year. I also forget some things to be bought from market which I decided to bring from market. Whether I should consult Psychiatric or Neurologist. Pl. Guide me.

Dr. Jatin Soni 93% (31330 ratings)
General Physician, Mumbai
I will suggest you to do suryanamaskar and pranayama daily as per your capacity for a minimum of six months and Take tablet folvite 5mg once a day and tablet vitaminD (60000iu) once a week for six months
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Book appointment with top doctors for Forgetfulness treatment

View fees, clinic timings and reviews