Not all fats are bad for you. Dietary fat is the important key to have good health. All you need to do is eat the right amount.
How Fat Functions?
Fat is a macronutrient that provides calories and energy to the body. Primary function is that it's an energy reserve stored in adipose tissues. If you work out, your body first uses carbohydrates and then fat.
Good Dietary fat can be obtained from butter, ghee and oils. Other sources are unprocessed nuts and seeds, for example, almonds, pistachios and walnuts. Other amazing natural sources of fat are olives, avocados and coconuts.
Essence of Dietary Fat
1. Fats are an excellent source of energy.
2. Fats containing coconut oil help in weight loss. Good fats can increase the process of fat burning and reduce unhealthy cravings, preventing unhealthy fat storage.
3. If you are underweight, good fats are helpful to gain weight.
4. Fats maintain the body temperature.
5. Fats save your excess protein that may be used as fuel.
6. Fat-soluble vitamins (vitamins A, D, E and K) are absorbed in the body with the help of healthy fats.
Remember that Vitamin A is very important for vision.
1. Interestingly, fats are considered as a lubricant, preventing dryness and dehydration.
2. Healthy fats protect the body from experiencing inflammation, improving immunity.
3. Cell membranes, as well as hormones, need healthy fats. Fat is required for the overall metabolism of insulin, regulating healthy blood sugar levels.
4. Caprylic acid in fat acts as an antiviral substance, while lauric acid has anti-bacterial effects.
5. If you want to lower your cholesterol level, opt for foods with palmitic and stearic acid.
6. Butyric acid may help in the reduction of risk of cancer.
7. Certain fats such as ghee or castor oil give lubrication to the colon. This supports digestion and the elimination process.
8. Oils have a property to act as a carrier of medicine and also carry herbs effectively to the preferred organ or any tissue.
9. Pregnant women should have fats as these are a brilliant source of food helping in the development of the child's brain.
10. Healthy fats indorse stamina and elasticity. This act interestingly for those who work out or even for those who work for long shifts in their jobs demanding physical work.
11. Good fats boost cognition, memory as well as happiness. These help in the improvement of mental functions and your learning abilities.
Therefore, a balanced amount of fat is equally important for your body as that of other elements. Hence, eat right and stay healthy.