These are the general bathing tips I always recommend to most of my patients, especially those with dry skin, eczemas and similar dermatosis:
1) avoid using hot water for bathing. Water should be luke warm.
2) oiling the skin prior to bathing is recommended for extreme dry skin.
3) avoid using excess soap, lather up the soap onto wet hands and apply the lather to wash up the body. Always avoid antiseptic soaps.
4) avoid scrubbing the body with a scrubber/loofah/stone.
5) have a quick bath and pat the skin dry with a clean, soft cotton towel. Avoid rubbing the skin dry.
6) moisturise the skin almost immediately using a non fragrant, paraben free moisturiser.