5 life-long benefits of drinking desi haldi milk
Haldi is a vital spice used in the Indian cuisine and other south Asian cuisines. Also known as turmeric, it constitutes of some sugars, proteins, and resins, and is a ubiquitous Asian kitchen ingredient; almost every meal cooked has a dash of haldi in it. But apart from the colour, taste and aroma that it adds to the food, when added to milk, it becomes a magical potion known as desi haldi milk that can prevent and cure diseases.
Here are 5 lifelong benefits of desi haldi milk:
1. Has anti-inflammatory properties: haldi has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. According to Ayurveda, it has been named as the natural aspirin. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, when combined with milk, it becomes a really useful drink that helps prevent cancer. It stops the growth of lung, skin, colon, breast, and prostate cancer, and for cancer patients, it helps reduce the side effects of chemotherapy. Additionally, haldi milk provides relief from arthritis pain and improves the flexibility of joints and muscles.
2. Is a blood purifier: blood impurities can lead to severe health problems and desi haldi milk is considered an excellent blood purifier and cleanser if the principles of ayurveda are to be believed. It can revitalize and boost the blood circulation in the body. Acting as a blood thinner, haldi milk plays a significant role in eliminating all impurities from the blood vessels and lymphatic system of your body.
3. Helps control weight: turmeric contains curcumin, an antioxidant capable of preventing inflammation of various cells of your body like fat, muscle, and pancreatic cells. This also results in lower risks of health issues arising due to obesity like high cholesterol levels, high blood sugar, insulin resistance and other metabolic problems. Also, haldi milk helps in the breakdown of dietary fat. This can be useful in controlling the weight.
4. Gives you healthier skin: haldi is a very useful ingredient for battling skin issues. Drinking haldi milk helps in getting enviable glowing skin and can also be used for application on the face and body. Dipping a cotton ball into haldi milk and applying that to your face can help you get rid of any rash, skin redness or blotchy patches. Moreover, bathing in turmeric milk can be helpful in attaining soft, supple and radiant skin.
5. Ensures better bone health: haldi milk is an excellent source of calcium, and has bone-strengthening properties, which are necessary to keep the bones healthy and strong. It also helps lower bone loss and prevent osteoporosis.
So go ahead, mix up the ever easily available haldi and milk from your kitchen, and drink up to a healthier you.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
Related Tip: Cow Milk vs Buffalo milk - Which is More Healthy?
We live in a world today in which health drinks are really all around us. The sad thing, though, is that a lot of these drinks contain things which are ironically not that healthy! So, isn’t it a pretty good idea to use some age old and time-proven recipes for drinks which helps one lose weight and are completely natural?
There are just so many drinks which are proven by Ayurveda to help a person in the effort of losing weight. Also, they are so simple to make and the ingredients can usually be sourced from around the house. Isn’t that quite awesome? One of the best combinations for one to start off with is the combination of black pepper powder, honey and some lemon juice as well as water. All that is required to be done is to bring the ingredients together and mix them well. To be more specific, a glass of lukewarm water and about four tablespoons of lemon juice are to be added to a teaspoon of black pepper and the same amount of honey. Consistency when it comes to natural health drinks is of the highest importance. That being said, who ever knew that achieving weight loss could be so easy?
If getting these ingredients together is proving to be a little problematic, there is nothing to worry about. As long as honey and water can be found, that is a health drink right there! As a matter of fact, a very easy to make health drink happens to be hot water in which a tablespoon or two of pure organic honey is dissolved. The mixture should be drunk before one goes to bed so as to have the greatest possible impact.
When it comes to drinks for weight loss, those having honey may seem to be odd choices as honey is sweet and most people are taught that sweet stuff is a sure-fire way to go about adding on the pounds. However, honey in reasonable amounts actually helps activate the liver into making a greater amount of glucose.
Foods which have a high water content are known to be healthy and this is true for cucumber. When it is combined with some cumin, lemon and black pepper, it can really ramp up the weight loss. A medium sized, sliced cucumber, along with half a lemon juiced and with water, with small amounts of the other ingredients is what is needed. The pepper is what helps raise the metabolism so losing weight is a lot easier! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!