Many of us thrive on the diet rich in processed fast foods as we hardly get time to cook a wholesome meal for ourselves in this fast-paced schedule. Moreover, the junk foods hardly have anything to contribute to our body while the baked goods strip off all the essential nutrients. These are some of the prime reasons behind vitamin deficiency. Even though that doesn’t mean that it will leave your body impaired or lead to any disease, but it can prevent some organs from functioning properly.
This is because vitamins are regarded as co-contributors for all the essential biochemical reactions within the body. Fatigue, shortness of breath, weight lossand irregular heartbeats are some of the well-known signs of vitamin deficiency, but you should be aware of the unusual vitamin-deficiency signs as well.
The key to avoiding such problems is to have a balanced meal every day.
Skin health is an indicator of a number of factors, such as blood circulation, digestion and waste removal from the body. The skin is considered to be an organ in itself as it performs certain important functions in the body. Therefore, you always need to make sure that your skin is in its optimal health. Common skin conditions like acne, dandruff and blackheads can easily be prevented by following certain precautions.
Outlined below are some tips to keep your skin healthy:
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is the most common hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age. Polycystic means “many cysts,” and PCOS often causes clusters of small, pearl-sized cysts in the ovaries. The cysts are fluid-filled and contain immature eggs. PCOS affects one in 4 women.
What are the causes behind it?
While the exact cause of PCOS is unknown, doctors believe that hormonal imbalances and genetics play a role. Women are more likely to develop PCOS if their mother or sister also has the condition.
Overproduction of the hormone androgen may be another contributing factor. Androgen is a male sex hormone that women’s bodies also produce.
PCOS is a syndrome disease defined by a collection of signs and symptoms. The symptoms of PCOS that one patient experiences can be very different from the symptoms of another patient. If you have two or more of the following symptoms, you need to have a thorough checkup to determine if you need PCOS treatment:
Does PCOS increase weight?
The answer is a ‘YES’. Most PCOS patients are overweight and are asked to exercise which helps control the symptoms but a lot many people have a completely normal body type.
What are the risks associated with PCOS-related weight gain?
No matter what the cause, weight gain can be detrimental to your health. Women with PCOS are more likely to develop many of the problems associated with weight gain and insulin resistance, including:
Benefit of Weight Loss with PCOS
Modest weight loss will not cure PCOS, but it will help. Weight loss can restore the normal function of the ovaries and result in normal hormone production. This may, in turn, lead to improvements in symptoms of PCOS, such as excess hair growth, acne or scalp hair loss.
Protect Yourself From Weight Gain
Foods you should avoid while suffering from PCOS:
Acne and pimples mostly occur due to hormonal changes occurring in the body. They are most prominent among teenagers undergoing hormonal transition. The growth hormones become ultra active and the oil glands present in the skin produce more. The glands present under hair follicles are infected and get inflamed, resulting in pimples. Pimples are a nightmare for teenagers, who are conscious about their look and appearance. Eruptions of pimples of different sizes, blisters and rashes of black or red colours are bound to worry look-conscious individuals. Acne and pimples do not usually have easy solutions or quick remedies.
When it comes to treatment of acnes and pimples, Homeopathic medicines are considered the most effective and paramount. Homeopathic cure does not intend to quick-fix acne and pimples. The objective being the correction of inner causes, it allows the pimples to heal slowly on their own instead of taking any medicine of high dose. The process might take some time, but it surely is the most effective. The problem gets solved from its roots. Scars from previous eruptions are also permanently healed using homeopathic medicines. Homeopathy is, therefore, the best way to cure acnes and pimples.
POPULAR HOMEOPATHIC REMEDIES FOR ACNE AND PIMPLES.
Here is a list of the most common solutions for acne and pimples and what they indicate:
- It is a very common cure, especially for chronic cases of acne
- The eruptions cause great pain.
- They are present in the form of abscesses.
- Patient is vulnerable to cold and pain. Increased rate of perspiration.
- Patient tends to get agitated and irritates very easily
- In cases where there is pus formation
- The best homeopathic medicine for acne
- Increased rate of perspiration. The patient cannot bear cold at all.
- Skin turns pale and tender.
- For cases where the intake of rich junk food and indigestion are the causes of acne.
- Also in cases of girls suffering from menstrual problems
- Symptoms include decreased thirst.
- Patient is usually very sensitive to heat
4. Nux Vomica
- For cases where acne formation is because of gastric disruptions.
- Skin seems to appear red and blotchy
- Caused because of having too much spicy food
- Signs of constipation and over sensitiveness to cold
5. Berberis Aquifolium 30
- For cases when there is a complexion and scars caused by chloasma and acne
- Yellow brown patches on the face
- Pimply, dry, waxy, rough or scaly skin
- Blotches & pimples
Apart from these Homeopathic medicines, the patients should also take some dietary measures to get rid of acne and pimples. Here are a few of them:
Low-glycemic foods containing complex carbohydrates can potentially reduce your risk of developing acne. Such foods include:
You should also focus on consuming foods having the following ingredients:
Some other skin friendly foods include:
Homeopathy is certainly the best way to deal with and to get rid of unwanted, ugly acne, which ruin your face. There are more homeopathic cures for other types of acne and pimples for which you can consult any homeopathy physician.
White rice is originally Brown rice which has been thoroughly refined before it is made available in stores for people. Rice grain in its natural unpolished state is rich in fiber, thiamine, proteins, magnesium, calcium and potassium. Whole rice is also rich in fiber which is good for your digestive system and also aids you to manage your weight effectively. There is a raging debate over the type of rice which is good for your health.
The following are some of the pointers that compare white rice to brown rice:
1. Calorie composition - White rice contains more calories when compared to brown rice. A cup of white rice comprises of 242 calories, while a cup of brown rice comprises of 218 calories. Brown rice is recommended to people who are interested to cut down on their calorie intake as a whole.
2. Carbohydrates and fiber composition - Both brown rice and white rice are rich in carbohydrate. A cup of brown rice comprises 53 grams of carbohydrates and a cup of white rice comprises of 46 grams of the same. But when it comes to fiber content, brown rice contains more fiber. Fiber is known to boost the blood cholesterol level and aids in weight management; therefore, brown rice is more beneficial.
3. Fat and protein composition - In case of fat and protein composition, both types of rice have a low fat composition while a cup of each type of rice contains about 4.5 grams of protein.
4. Vitamins and minerals composition - Brown rice is known to contain more percentage of natural vitamins and minerals when compared to white rice. White rice is thoroughly refined which results in loss of its natural properties. The manufacturers tend to add vitamins and minerals artificially during the processing of the whole rice grain.
5. Glycemic Index - According to studies, foods which have a high glycemic index tend to increase your blood sugar level. Brown rice has a much lower glycemic index than white rice. The average glycemic index of white rice is about 89 while in case of brown rice it's 50.
It can be said that brown rice is much more nutritious than white rice due to its wholesomeness and the higher concentration of nutrients. Brown rice is highly recommended to those people who are health conscious and tend to be careful about their calorie intake.
Diabetes is a condition where the blood sugar level rises in your body either due to less insulin level in the body or reduced sensitivity of the body to insulin. The foods you eat have a major role in controlling your blood sugar levels. You need to pick your foods wisely to prevent your blood sugar levels from spiking.
The various foods that you should be eating if you have diabetes are :
1. Dark chocolate: Chocolate contains good amounts of flavonoids that help in improving insulin sensitivity and limits food cravings. It also reduces your chances of heart attack.
2. Blueberries: Blueberries are rich in fiber that helps you in managing your blood sugar levels. They also contain anthocyanins that assist in regulating your blood sugar levels.
3. Fish: Fish is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids that reduce inflammation in the body, thus reducing your chances of heart problems. Fish is also a good source of protein that helps you in feeling fuller.
4. Olive oil: Olive oil is rich in antioxidants that help in reducing your chances of heart diseases and diabetes.
5. Oranges: Make sure you eat plenty of oranges as they are rich in vitamin C and they reduce the risk of diabetes. You may also opt for broccoli or strawberries.
The various foods you should avoid are :
1. White rice: White rice is a refined grain which, when consumed, tends to spike your blood sugar levels. You can instead opt for brown rice.
2. Bananas: Banana may contain vitamins and minerals, but are also rich in carbohydrates. Instead, opt for fruits like berries that are not only rich in fiber and antioxidants, but also have a low glycemic index.
3. Sugary foods: The term sugary foods is used to describe foods such as pastries, cakes and cookies. These foods are carbohydrate rich and do not contribute much in making the body healthy. Instead, replace them with natural foods such as chickpeas and peanuts.
4. Dried fruit: Various dried fruits contain high concentration of sugar, which happens due to the dehydration process by which they are formed. So replace them with fresh fruits such as guava and peaches to control your blood sugar levels.
The human body is designed to process foods with the help of fiber. The benefits of fibers are being recognized widely, and people are being advised to increase the fiber content in their food. On an average, our body requires 25 to 30gm of fiber per day.
The body requires two types of fibers, soluble and insoluble. The soluble ones absorb water during digestion, contribute to stool bulk, and are believed to reduce cholesterol levels. Fruits, vegetables, legumes, oats and barley are good sources of soluble fibers.
The insoluble ones are required for good movement of food through the intestines. These are also found in fruits, vegetables and whole grains like wheat, rice, barley, oats, etc. It takes a little planning to ensure your food is fibrous, but the benefits are a lot and long-lasting.
Try to gradually make these small changes to your diet and you will see the benefits almost immediately. Try including more fibrous foods to also prolong your hunger pangs, breakfast being the best way to start.
There are a lot of diets that are popular with people for a variety of reasons. Some of them are easy to sustain, some of them have instant effects and some of them have long-term effects. There are a few diets that combine all of these traits, and the GM diet happens to be one of them. The GM diet first appeared on the Internet about four years ago and has had a loyal group of followers since.
Let's see what the GM diet is all about.
What is the GM Diet?
The GM Diet is a seven-day diet plan which was supposed to have been created by General Motors for their employees. It was rumoured that they paid a hefty sum to a research lab to come up with the ultimate diet plan. But General Motors soon released a statement where they denied any involvement with the diet plan. But the name stayed on and the diet was soon circulated via emails and forums all over the Web and more people tried it out with different results.
Let's see what the diet looks like.
This diet is supposed to make you lose anywhere from one to five kilograms on the eighth day. The diet also plays a detox role by cleaning your body of its impurities. No alcohol is supposed to be consumed during the week. You are allowed to have tea and coffee, but you must avoid adding milk and sugar as this adds unnecessary calories. Also, ensure that you consume adequate water during the diet. Try and avoid working out while you are on this diet as it is possible you may experience fatigue.
Is the GM Diet Effective?
Different people have had different experiences with the GM diet. While most people rave about the diet, some feel it is not effective in the long run. The GM diet helps you in losing between one to five kilograms by day eight. The diet is also important for detoxifying and cleaning your body of impurities and toxins. The GM diet has proven to be effective for quick weight loss.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder in which the body recognizes the body's own system as foreign and produces an inflammatory reaction. The synovium which is the space between the bones and the joints and contains a lubricating fluid which allows easy movement of the joints.
Inflammation of this space leads to painful, swollen joints that can also turn red and become stiff over a period of time. The joint surfaces can gradually progresses to produce deformities (the swan-neck deformity of the hand for instance) and disability.
Because it is an autoimmune disorder, the exact etiology is not known but lifestyle, stress, cold weather are supposedly predisposing factors. That being the case, it is not surprising that Ayurveda has a variety of options, both in terms of do's and don't's to manage rheumatoid arthritis - both the severity of symptoms and further progression of the disease.
Do's: A well-planned diet will help by supporting optimal functioning of the immune system and nourish the affected joints.
Don'ts: In addition to adding the above to your diet, there are some things to avoid, which can worsen symptoms of inflammation.
With simple daily food habit and lifestyle changes, the severity of RA can be managed effectively.
Starting your day with carbs can sound really strange but the fact is that your body is like an engine which requires fuel to function properly. Carbohydrates are a healthy addition to your diet. You have a gap of about 8 to 9 hours between the last meal of the day and the next morning’s breakfast, which is why it is very important that your breakfast should contain an adequate amount of carbs for the body to remain active all through the day.
So, what should you eat?
The above foods not just give your body the required carbs, but also small amounts of protein and fats, which makes it completely wholesome. So get into a habit of eating carb-rich breakfast and you will see the improvement in your energy levels!