Exercising outdoors is always fun and refreshing for the body. It de-stresses the mind and increases energy in the body. Most people prefer outdoors workout due to the pleasant weather. There are many advantages of working out outdoors but you need to follow some tips to make sure your workouts are injury free.
Here are 4 tips to make your workouts safe:
Ergonomics to prevent body pain With a constant increase in the use of computers, desk jobs are becoming more and more common in the current job trends. Individuals are confined to their cubicles and it becomes customary to spend 8 to 10 hours daily on an average seated on the chair.
This trend of desk jobs has rendered the routine human lifestyle to become sedentary and thus, a rise in health issues has been observed. Right from metabolic diseases to posture related problems, various diseases and disorders are affecting the world population. Body pain is one of the most common problems that people suffer from.
Although pain can be very discomforting and can be considered as a negative symptom, it is a kind of a signal body gives us at the start of any health issue.
Etiological factors like lack of an active lifestyle, tedious working hours, improper posture, and lack of adequate rest are triggers for body pain. The symptom of body ache is no longer associated only with the older age group, since the working community belongs to a middle aged group. Young people tend to suffer from chronic back pain since their work routine involves long hours of sitting at a single place, without many breaks. Also, people undergoing strenuous work hours become a target for chronic body pain.
To overcome this health problem, certain simple measures can be undertaken for prevention. The term ergonomics suggests the interaction of the environment with the occupation of the person. Management and adaptability to the environment with respect to the health concerns of the working professionals is looked after in ergonomics which ensures an enhancement in the quality of life for the workforce in a working environment.
The goals of ergonomics can be enlisted as follows –
1. Work related illness should be prevented
2. Workplace productivity should be increased
3. Quality of work should be improved
4. Work environment should not be detrimental to the physical as well as mental health of the working professionals.
Work ergonomics that are beneficial for people employed at a desk job are as follows:
1. The desktop should be placed at the distance of an arm’s length. Eye level of the operator should be at the apex level of the desktop’s screen.
2. Arms should be allowed to move freely and be able to rest on the arm rest of the chair.
3. Shrugging of the shoulders should be avoided.
4. Back rest of the chair should be used for support. The back rest of the chair should be present up to the shoulder and should be designed in a way that it is angled at a right angle to the sitting surface.
5. A convexity should be present in the lower back area of the chair for better support while sitting.
6. The chair height should be adjusted in a way that the knees form a right angle. Feet should touch the floor and not dangle in the air.
7. During typing or while using the computer’s mouse, wrist should be kept at a neutral position.
8. Back posture should be checked every hour and corrected if faulty.
9. A small break of 5-10 minutes should be taken at an interval of 2-3 hours to change position. Walking around and stretching the body helps relax the muscles.
10. When a laptop is in use, it should be placed on a stand in a way that the screen is placed in front of the operator’s eyes. To determine whether a person’s posture is correct or not, a physical therapist can be consulted. Maintaining a correct posture is very important to avoid suffering from a back ache.
People who suffer from conditions affecting the spine should seek expert opinion for maintaining their posture and avoiding spine related complications. The postural muscles play an important role in maintaining the body’s posture for long hours. Exercises that are targeting to enhance the strength of these muscles can help to build up adequate muscle strength.
Influenza or seasonal flu is basically a viral infection. It is different from common flu that accounts for many conditions that occur due to changing weather. These conditions include cold, stomach problems and fever. Influenza or flu comes with a variety of symptoms and is primarily caused by a virus due to lack of precautions taken as far as food and outings go, during the changing seasons. Let us find out more about the symptoms and treatment.
Symptoms: The main symptoms of this condition include fever, an aching body, dullness, fatigue, dry hacking coughs, a sore throat and even headaches. Appetite loss and drowsiness are also some symptoms of the condition.
Causes: Influenza is usually caused by either of the two influenza viruses, such as virus A or Virus B. The strains of these viruses are known to change every year.
Congestion: The main form of treatment revolves around treating the congestion that may have occurred in the nasal or the sinus tracts. The treatment for this is usually done with the help of nasal decongestants or sprays which can be used for a few days to get relief until the infection and congestion leaves the body. One must avoid the use of these decongestants for prolonged periods of time as they can make the condition reoccur again and again.
Allergies: Histamine is the chemical that the body produces automatically when an allergy hits. This is what causes influenza and hay fever as well. One can get treated with the help of anti-histamine drugs that will be prescribed for the doctor in case an allergic reaction or hay fever is detected. This drug can cause severe drowsiness, so it is best to take it at night and wake up fresh in the morning.
Blood Pressure and Other Complications: It is important to know what kind of medication you are allergic to, before you ingest anything or take a spray. If you are suffering from high blood pressure or any other cardiovascular complications, then you may want to steer clear of decongestants as these sprays can increase the blood pressure as well as the heart rate of the patient.
Cough: In order to cure a cough, one can take a cough medicine that will also have anti-histamines and analgesics, which will help in clearing the pollutants, dirt and allergens that have caused the cough.
With the treatment, one should take ample precautions while stepping out the home. Also, the patient should be careful about the dosage to avoid an overdose.
Viral fever is a cumulative term which refers to a group of viral infections and is characterised by high fever, headaches, body ache, burning in the eyes, nausea and vomiting. It usually comes in package with severe cough and cold.
It actually is not an ailment but is the result of an underlying cause, which is viral infection. This infection can occur in any part of the body such as lungs, intestines, air passage, etc., and the high fever is the sign of immune system of the body fighting against the invasion of viruses.
How does viral fever, cough and cold occur?
Just like its name, 'viral fever' travels from one person to another. Whenever an infected person yawns, coughs, sneezes or even talks, he/she releases tiny fluids in the environment, putting the nearby people at risk of suffering from the infection.
The infection may occur due to mosquito, tick bites or by coming in contact with the infected person’s blood or semen.
Symptoms:The symptoms of viral fever include:
As the symptoms of the viral fever have too much resemblance to other diseases like dengue, malaria, chikungunya, typhoid, etc., it is better to consult a doctor before taking any random antibiotic. The doctors often recommend blood test to be sure about your disease before beginning with the treatment.
As there are no antibiotics for viral fever, the doctors prefer prescribing fever-reducing medicines. If a doctor is prescribing antibiotics, then it is to ensure that you do not get infected with any other viruses while being sick.
It is always very important to complete the full course of antibiotics recommended by the doctor. If you stop taking the medication midway, your body will create antibiotic-resistant bacteria and the same medicines will become ineffective.
How can we prevent viral fever?
Keeping ourselves and our daily activities clean and maintaining appropriate distance from infected people is the best prevention for the disease. Some prevention measures are as follows:
The doctors, however, do not give any dietary restrictions, but it is always good to follow a balanced diet and completing the course of prescribed medicines prescribed by the doctor.
शारीरिक थकान एक स्वाभाविक लक्षण है शरीर में जो कि आवश्यक है. जब भी आप कोई श्रम या मेहनत वाला काम जैसे कि कसरत या कोई और काम जिसमें आपके शारीर की मांसपेशियों और लेकिन यदि ये बिना किसी उचित कारण के हो रही है तब चिंता का विषय भी है.अक्सर यह देखने में आता है कि साधन संपन्न अमीर व्यक्ति भी बुरी तरह मानसिक और शारीरिक थकान को महसूस करता है. जबकि उसके पास सुख प्राप्त करने के सभी अत्य-आधुनिक साधन उपलब्ध होते हैं. पर थकान के कारण वह अपने अंदर कार्य -शक्ति का अभाव महसूस करते हैं. इसके विपरीत आम आदमी, कठोर काम करके तथा कम पौष्टिक आहार लेकर जीवन यापन करने पर भी अपना जीवन सक्रिय रूप से जीते हैं. इससे स्पष्ट होता है कि काम की अधिकता या पौष्टिक भोजन के स्तर की कमी ही शारीरिक थकान का एकमात्र कारण नहीं है, बल्कि कुछ दूसरी बातें भी हैं, जो थकान उत्पन्न करती हैं और काम न करने की इच्छा पैदा करती हैं. दौड़ती भागती ज़िंदगी में आगे निकलने के रेस में लोग इतना भागते हैं कि वह थक जाते हैं और सुस्त भी हो जाते हैं.
1. मधुमेह के कारण: छ लोगों को जल्दी शारीरिक थकान होने का कारण शरीर में रक्त की मात्रा आवश्यकता से भी कम होना, थाइराइड ग्रंथि का ठीक से काम न करना या फिर मधुमेह आदि रोग से ग्रस्त होना होता है. मधुमेह भी शारीरिक थकान का एक महत्वपूर्ण कारण हो सकता है.
2. इच्छानुसार काम न होने की वजह से: मनोवैज्ञानिकों के अनुसार थकान, रुचि और इच्छा कम होने की अवस्था है. शारीरिक थकान का सामान्य अर्थ मन अथवा शरीर की सामर्थ्य के घट जाने से लिया जाता है. ऐसी हालत में आदमी से काम नहीं होता या बहुत कम होता है. थका हुआ व्यक्ति निष्क्रिय पड़ा रहता है.
3. बोर हो जाने के कारण: जब हमें किसी कार्य में आनंद आता है, तो हम लगातार काम करते रहने पर भी मानसिक और शारीरिक थकान महसूस नहीं करते, जबकि एक ही प्रकार के कार्य करते रहने से लंबी अवधि के बाद रुचि कम होकर मन में ऊब पैदा हो जाती है, इसी कारण सुस्ती तथा अरुचि महसूस होती है.
4. मानसिक घुटन का शिकार होना: जो व्यक्ति स्वभाव से संकोची होते हैं ,जीवन साथी या अन्य आसपास के लोग कठोर स्वभाव के और डांट-फटकार करने वाला होते है, उनकी भावनाएं दब जाती हैं क्योंकि वो अपने संकोची स्वभाव के चलते अपनी भडास नहीं निकाल पाते, उन्हें लगातार मानसिक घुटन का सामना करना पड़ता है. ऐसी भावनाएं भी लोगों को निष्क्रिय और थका हुआ बनाती हैं.
5. मानसिक अस्वस्थता: मानसिक और शारीरिक थकान के अन्य कारणों में कार्य में अरुचि, प्रेरणा का अभाव, मनोरंजन न करना, मानसिक अस्वस्थता अथवा शारीरिक रोग आदि हो सकते हैं. इस वजह से भी आप खुद को थका हुआ महसूस कर सकते हैं. कई लोगों में ये समस्या थोड़ी ज्यादा ही होती है.
6. एनीमिया के कारण: एनीमिया (खून की कमी से होने वाला रोग) के रोगी को भी जरा-जरा से काम करने के बाद अधिक शारीरिक थकान का अनुभव होता है. ऐसे लोगो को टमाटर और गाजर का जूस तथा हरी पत्ते दार सब्जियां अधिक मात्रा में खानी चाहिए. यह एक गंभीर बिमारी है यदि समय रहते इसपर ध्यान नहीं दिया गया तो नतीजे खतरनाक हो सकते हैं.
7. अत्यधिक परिश्रम करने से: सामान्य रूप से जब अधिक परिश्रम किया जाता है, तो हमारी मांसपेशियां, हड्डियाँ आदि शक्तिशाली बनते हैं. शरीर की कार्यक्षमता भी बढ़ जाती है, लेकिन सीमा से अधिक किया गया परिश्रम मानसिक, शारीरिक या स्नायु संबंधी थकावट उत्पन्न करता है. ये सबसे सामयान्य कारण है जिससे लगभग सभी लोग गुजरते हैं. ये जरुरी भी है ताकि हमें अपने शरीर की क्षमता का पता चल सके.
The trouble with recovering from most illnesses is that we begin to treat the illness too late. Although you cannot expect your body to announce the arrival of a virus, recognizing the signs of falling sick can help treat it earlier. For example, if you can't stop sneezing and can feel the onset of the flu, getting some extra sleep may make you feel better. Here are a few signs that can predict an illness
There is a fine line between being a hypochondriac and recognizing signs of falling sick. To differentiate between the two, pay attention to the type, duration, and intensity of symptoms. If you feel like you're on the verge of falling sick, rest your body and take some multivitamins. If you experience a sudden or severe change in symptoms, consult a doctor immediately.
What you must know about body ache
Affecting your entire body, body ache is usually an indicator of a condition that requires your attention for the pain to stop or a reaction of your body's immune system to an infection. Understanding the symptoms and the cause of the pain is the first step towards getting the right treatment for your problem.
The causes of body ache can be any one of these:
What can you do to manage it?
There are simple ways that you can employ to relieve your body aches based on the root cause and these are:
In case, you do not get relief from any of the suggested ways, you need to consult a qualified doctor who will guide you on the right treatment course. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Do you wake up in the morning feeling like a log? Do you feel so irritated to move around with all the pain that you wish the day never started? People affected with disorders such as arthritis, rheumatism and fibromyalgia (a pain disorder which affects the soft tissue and the muscles in the body) are the most vulnerable to such kind of pain. Body stiffness in the morning can make it difficult for you to get out of the bed and go about your work for the day.
Here are some causes that may lead to such a condition:
Tips to get rid of it?
You can follow these tips to get your body up and about in the morning, right from the time you wake up:
Are you a runner? In case you are, then it is vital that you understand what your body needs to run extra miles. It's not just about running, it's all about how you can push yourself until the end of finishing line or your target.
Generic Tips for Beginners
Remember that excess running affects Cooper's ligament that supports the breasts.
If you are a man, go for tight but comfy underwear. That will reduce abrasion.
Keep a Close Watch: In the initial stage, you should run only comfortable miles. Gear up with a close-fitting comfortable sports outfit so that you can breathe, and your sweat is whipped.
Watch your Pace: Running is different than cycling or swimming. Even if you have mastered other sports, go slow with running. Gradual increase is always advisable.
Need a Commitment: Track your progress. Run at least thrice a week.
Specific Physio Tips
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Chickenpox is a contagious viral disease that mostly affects children. It appears on the skin as rash-like itchy red spots that can develop into blisters. The main parts of the body that get affected are the face, scalp, chest, belly, back, arms and legs. It generally starts in one location and cyclically spreads to other parts over the course of 1-2 weeks time.
Chickenpox is uncommon now since children are routinely immunised against it these days. Yet outbreaks keep occurring from time to time, for the cases who haven't been vaccinated.
What is the cause of chickenpox?
Now let's turn our attention to the symptoms of this disease in children.
The symptoms of chickenpox do not manifest themselves till 2-3 weeks after contamination. The exact time required for the signs to show varies from person to person and is known as the 'incubation period'.
Following are the symptoms of chickenpox in children:
The symptoms of chickenpox tend to be milder in children than in adults and hence, identifying the signs is harder and may take longer. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!