Most individuals suffer from eye problems sometime in their entire life span. Since our eyes are one of the most important assets and sense organs, periodic check ups are recommended to prevent serious eye problems. Here is a list of 5 primary eye diseases, their causes and cure:
1. May occur because of factors like viruses, bacteria and substances, which cause irritation such as shampoo, smoke, dirt, chlorine in swimming pools.
2. Dust, pollens or similar allergies may cause this disease in sensitive people.
3. This disease is infectious in nature and spreads from person to person.
This disorder may be treated with eye drops, pills or ointments containing antibiotics. Avoid being with other people when affected and also abstain from using contact lenses.
In case of this disease, the optic nerve of the eye is damaged and can lead to loss of vision over time. Build-up of pressure takes place inside the eye.
1. Occurs due to intense pressure within the eyes or the intraocular pressure.
2. The extra pressure destroys the optic nerve.
3. Permanent blindness is caused if the disease is not controlled and treated.
Eye drops, laser surgery, and microsurgery are methods for curing glaucoma.
This temporary disease causes loss of vision in one eye and generally does not last for more than an hour. This might happen after a migraine headache.
1. Mainly caused due to health-related issues than from eye problems.
2. Also occurs from regular migraines.
3. It is related to spasms caused in the blood vessels of the retina.
This disorder can be cured by using aspirin, epilepsy drugs and blood-pressure medication known as beta blockers.
Retinal vascular occlusion
This disease affects the retina and lowers the supply of oxygen-rich blood.
1. Factors such as atherosclerosis, blood clots and blockage in arteries, diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity or smoking lead to this disease.
2. The blood flow to the retina is restricted.
Medicines like blood thinners, eye injects such as vascular endothelial growth can cure this disorder.
1. Happens due to interruption of messages sent to the eye from the brain.
2. Caused from muscle disorders.
3. Also caused from migraines, thyroid problems, stroke, etc.
Special eye patches and eyewear are used for treating this disorder, for relieving double vision.
Eye diseases are very common, and a large number of eye diseases can occur from different reasons and causes. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Night blindness is also called nyctalopia.It's a type of vision impairment. People with night blindness experience poor vision at night or in dimly lit environments. It is not a disease in itself, but rather a symptom of an underlying problem, usually a retina problem.
What Causes Night Blindness?
A number of eye conditions can cause night blindness, including:
Symptoms of Night Blindness-
The sole symptom of night blindness is difficulty seeing in the dark. You're more likely to experience night blindness when your eyes transition from a bright environment to an area of low light, such as when you leave a sunny sidewalk to enter a dimly lit restaurant. You're likely to experience poor vision when driving due to the intermittent brightness of headlights and streetlights on the road.
How can I Prevent Night Blindness?
You can't prevent night blindness that's the result of birth defects or genetic conditions, such as Usher syndrome. You can, however, properly monitor your blood sugar level and eat a balanced diet to make night blindness less likely.
What are the Treatment Options for Night Blindness?
The treatment will depend on its causes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!