When the doctor informs you that you have stones in your kidney or gall bladder, the typical reaction it evokes is panic. Though you have been suffering from excruciating and unbearable pain for a long time, the idea of having stones inside your body is not exactly a happy feeling.Stones are small crystallized formations which mainly occur in the kidney, along the urinary tract in the urethra, bladder and urethra OR IN GALL BLADDER
The common causes of stones in the body are-
1. Drinking less water
2. High cholesterol levels in your liver
3. Over concentration of bile in the gallbladder About 30% of the world’s population suffers from kidney stones and about 10% have stones in their gall bladder.
Myths vs Facts
1. Drinking cranberry juice will help eliminate kidney stones: Doctors say that though cranberry juice helps cure urinary tract infections, it will certainly make the condition of kidney stones worse. Cranberry is high in oxalate and stimulates growth of further stones. The correct #treatment is drinking six to eight glasses of water every day to increase urine flow for the stones to pass out from your system. Also drinking citrus juice everyday can prevent stone formation.
2. Prolonged immobility increases the risk of stone formations: THIS IS TRUE AS the more physically active you are, the lower your chances are of having stones. One should always engage in moderate physical activity and keep in mind to replace the fluid loss that happens through sweating by drinking water and juices.
3. Calcium intake aggravates the problem of RENAL stones: A commonly believed rumor, that stone formation in the body and high levels of calcium in the body is inter-related. This is mostly because, most of the stones that are removed from the body and analyzed contain 75% calcium. However, this is not the reality. Drinking a glass of milk or yogurt with food intakes rich with magnesium helps bind the oxalate in the digestive tract and prevents stone formation. Lower levels of oxalate increase the risk of stone formation.
4. Apple cider vinegar helps you dissolve bladder stones: It is a high source of calcium, potassium, malic and acetic acid but it does not control the pH level of the body. Rather it causes an imbalance in the acid formation in the body. A common misconception is that most people who have gallstones suffer from acidity. However, this is not true. Gallstones occur when you don’t eat properly OR high fat containing diet. Over 95% people who have stones in the gall bladder have a minimum of 2 hour gap between the time they wake up and breakfast. Over 40% people with gallstones skip breakfast and over 60% eat a very late dinner. As this routine continues until the next day, the body starts releasing acids in your stomach, causing headaches.
5. Stone formation is entirely hereditary: This myth has propagated from the false notion that the probability of developing stones inside the body is hereditary. Stones formation in the bladder and the kidney is largely based on dietary and lifestyle habits of an individual. This myth makes people more ignorant about this disease and it has also compounded the fact that those with family history of stones have a 2.5% more risk.
6. Medicines can break or dissolve the renal stones: there is no medicine which can break or dissolve the renal stones. Medicines only help in flushing the stone out from the system.
7. Misconceptions about certain foods as cause of stone formation. Balanced diet is more important in preventing stone formation than avoidance of any particular food item.Plenty of oral fluids, help in diluting and washing away of early stone formations, resulting in prevention of stone
Bladder stones, not to be confused with kidney stones, are formed when substances such as calcium oxalate found in urine coalesce into solid lumps and form deposits in the bladder. Though usually small enough to be excreted during urination, sometimes they get trapped in the neck of the bladder. In such cases, as the residues continue to grow larger, they cause extreme pain, infections, and may need surgical attention.
What causes bladder stones?
The most common causes of bladder stones are-
The physician will physically examine to evaluate if the bladder or the rectum are enlarged.
A sample of your urine will be tested for the presence of bacteria, blood and crystallized minerals.
A CT scan to build a detailed image of the internal organs.
In order to prevent bladder stones from recurring, here are 5 foolproof methods-
1.Increase the daily fluid intake
A sure-fire way to prevent bladder stones is to increase the amount of water you drink every day. The idea is to reduce the concentration of your urine. A minimum of 2-3 litres of water per day is absolutely necessary.
2.Urinate more often.
If you drink more water throughout the day, you are going to have to urinate more frequently anyway. Do not put it off because you are worried that you will be mocked for having an old lady’s bladder.
If you feel like you are constipated, use a laxative. There is no shame in wanting to regulate your bowel movements.
Get a sample of your urine tested regularly to ensure that your kidneys and bladder are functioning properly and there are no irregularities.
Get the essential sugar component of your diet from fresh fruits. Say no to saturated sugar and fizzy drinks. Opt for fruits with high water content like melons to add more fluids in your diet.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a condition where the prostate gland gets enlarged. This is mostly common in men who are ageing. When the prostate gland gets enlarged, the flow of urine through the urethra gets blocked, and hence, several problems related to urination may occur. BPH occurs as a result of hormonal imbalance. If untreated, BPH can lead to severe bladder and urinary health conditions.
There are several symptoms and signs of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Here are 7 common symptoms:
So you see that benign prostatic hyperplasia involves the enlargement of the prostate gland, and results in several problems related to urination and different symptoms. Hence, immediate treatment is advisable.
When you experience a pain on the side and back just below the ribs that at times radiates to the lower abdomen and is fluctuating in intensity, it is quite unlikely for you to think that the reason could be a kidney stone. One of the early symptoms of kidney stone, when you experience such pain, you must seek medical advice. However, there is no need to panic as it is completely curable. Read on to understand more about this condition.
What is urinary bladder stone?
Vesical calculus, which is more commonly referred to as bladder stones, are formed due to a buildup of minerals. It may occur when the bladder is not entirely emptied after urinating. In the course of time, the residual urine becomes concentrated, and the minerals start forming crystals. When the stones are in a miniature state, they can easily pass out, but at times, when they are quite big, they may get stuck in the walls of the urinary tract and cause severe pain and discomfort.
What are the causes of urinary bladder stones?
Bladder stones start growing when the urine is left in the bladder for a long span of time. This may happen due to some underlying medical condition which can prevent the bladder from completely emptying. Conditions which are responsible for causing stones in the urinary tract are as follows
How are kidney stones treated?
Specific lifestyle changes such as drinking enough liquids, taking calcium supplements, limiting the amount of caffeine and alcohol and reducing body weight are some of the simplest yet effective means of treating urinary stones at earlier stages.
Use of specific medicines can also reduce the calcium and uric acid stones by controlling the amount of alkali or acid in the urine. These medications reduce the amount of calcium released by the kidneys so that they can be retained in the bone. If these treatment options do not work, you must consider undergoing surgical intervention. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Gall bladder stones can be painful. Until and unless it is surgically removed and cured from within, the pain continues to hinder daily life. The good news is that there are ways by which pain from gall bladder stones could be managed.
Here is a list of quick, easy-to-follow remedies to counter the pain.
The surefire remedy for the removal of the gallstones of the gall of pita is to take 4 glasses of apple juice (not a box) and eat 4 or 5 apples daily for 5 days daily and do not take dinner on six days. On this six day evening, a teaspoon rock salt is a glass of hot water. Take it once in the evening at 8 a. M. Once you take a spoon rock salt with a glass of water at 10 o'clock in the morning, half cup olive oil or sesame oil mixed with half cup of fresh nemo juice and mix it well in the morning.
Bladder is an organ of the lower abdomen which stores urine. Though it is a problem common to both men and women, women are two times more prone to be affected than men.
The following are some of the causes that give rise to bladder pain.
Bladder pain can vary from being mild to severe. But, no matter what the degree of pain is, it requires serious medical attention.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Cystic vessels visible during dissection of gall bladder stone through laparoscopy.
Homeopathy can very well dissolve gall stones of small and medium sizes, and relieve the gall bladder and body permanently from the pain, suffering and complications coming from gall stones. One of the benefits of homeopathic treatment for gall stones is that your gall bladder does not need removal, and being an important organ for producing digestive enzymes, it is better to keep it in your body. The other benefit is that you get a side effect-free treatment, which is completely efficient and practical, and costs really low compared to other modes of treatments and surgeries.
But before one goes for a homeopathic treatment, a complete evaluation of the patient’s case history must be done so that the right medicine can be given as per the case, history, severity etc. Here is a quick look at the commonly used homeopathic medicines, which doctors, depending on your case history, may prescribe for your gall stone.
Homeopathic medicines used for treating gall stones
As you can see, there is a remedy for all types of patients. Hence in case of small to medium sized gall stones, you can always retain the gall bladder, avoid surgeries, and keep patience with systematic homeopathic treatment from an expert doctor. You will get positive results soon.
The gallbladder is a small organ found beneath the right side of the liver and it works by collecting and concentrating BILE, a digestive fluid produced by the liver. The bile helps in digesting fats in the small intestine.
Gallbladder problems are usually caused due to the presence of gallstones in the gall bladder. These are small and hard stones made up of cholesterol and bile salts. You are more prone to get gallstones if you are-
The gallbladder is not an essential organ, and its removal is one of the most common surgical procedures performed on patients today. This is a low risk surgery and can even be performed on pregnant women.
In short, the primary advantages of surgically removing the gallbladder over nonsurgical treatment are that it can rule out gallstones and prevent gallbladder cancer in the future. And the removal of this organ is not associated with any impairment of digestion in people.
Benefits of Gallstone surgery
There are no known means through which you can prevent gallstones. And once you get gallstones, you will suffer from:
These symptoms present themselves as the gallstones block the flow of bile out of the gallbladder, causing it to swell. You may also become more prone to jaundice.
Disadvantages of non-surgical treatments-
Non-surgical treatments are available for gallstones, but these are temporary. They include dietary adjustments and reduction of fat intake.
Types of Gallstone surgery
However, a few experts believe that the open procedure has a number of advantages over laparoscopy, like:
But all said and done, open surgery has more overall complications than laparoscopy. Another point to note, is that bile-duct injury rates with laparoscopy are declining steeply.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!