Seeds are the most basic part of a tree. Without the seed, there won't be any tree. But some seeds have more functions than growing trees. Some seeds can help you become healthy as well.
Here is a list of such seeds:
1. Sunflower seeds: They are a rich source of Vitamin E which is essential to the body to fight cancer. It also helps improve the immune system of the body. It reduces oxidative stress caused due to working out.
2. Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are full of carbohydrates and fiber. They help the body control blood sugar level. It also helps the body reach the satisfaction point after a meal, which helps in controlling digestion. It is a good source of plant protein and omega-3 fatty acids. Chia seeds contain antioxidants which help in repairing damaged cells.
3. Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds are known for being a source of calcium. Hence, they help in making the bones strong and healthy. They are also required for the muscles to function properly. Sesame seeds produce energy for the body to work out.
4. Pumpkin seeds: Pumpkin seeds contain a good amount of Magnesium, Zinc and plant-based Omega-3 fatty acids. Pumpkin seeds also help in protecting against type 2 diabetes and are good for the heart, liver health and also prevent insomnia.
5. Flax seeds: Flax seeds are rich sources of fibre. They contain a lot of soluble fibres which help in the process of digestion. Flax seeds also help control hunger and blood sugar level. Daily consumption of flax seeds keeps a check on the blood pressure level, which in turn reduces the risk of suffering from cardiovascular diseases. Due to the presence of lignin, flax seeds promote smooth blood flow.
6. Hemp seeds: Hemp seeds are whole proteins. Hemp seeds help to keep your hair and skin healthy. This is due to the presence of omega -3 and omega-6 fatty acids. They also help to lower the cholesterol level, due to the presence of phytosterols.
These seeds can provide you amazing health benefits and keep your body full of energy to carry out day to day activities. Hence, start including them in your daily diet for optimal health. In case you want to discuss something regarding your diet, you are recommended to visit a good dietitian/nutritionist.