Alopecia Areata is an autoimmune disease (wherein the body’s immune system attacks its own healthy tissues rather than the malicious pathogens). There is no permanent solution for alopecia areata. However, there are some treatments available which would aid in preventing hair loss as well as stimulating growth of hair. The focus of therapies would be on strengthening the hair roots, scalp and fibre so that breakage is averted and your hair is restored to a healthy condition.
The therapies should incorporate:
The therapies should aim to achieve the aforementioned objectives by utilizing phytonutrient extracts, nourishing oils, minerals, vitamins as well as plant peptides so that hair roots are energized, scalp is made healthy as well as hair fibres, are strengthened.
Strengthening of the roots of the hair is of primary importance to prevent alopecia areata as well as other hair fall conditions. The main techniques used to address this issue are:
This condition, as mentioned above, is caused due to the immune system attacking the cells on your scalp. This condition occurs suddenly and causes balding patches but doesn’t usually lead to complete baldness or a permanent halt on hair growth. The volume of lost hair is different for different people.
Alopecia or hair loss is a very common problem for both men and women. Androgenetic alopecia refers to the male pattern or female pattern hair loss. In case of some people, Androgenetic alopecia may be a hereditary problem.
In case of androgenetic alopecia, hair starts falling usually from the crown region. Male pattern baldness is different from female pattern baldness. In case of female pattern baldness, hair falls from all over the scalp region and not just the region above the temples.
Many causes are responsible for Androgenetic alopecia. Genetic reasons, hormonal disorders, increased production of DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) and also aging can make conditions worse.
Since the primary causes responsible for androgenetic alopecia are hormonal imbalances and genetic reasons, you may consider seeking advice from a dermatologist in order to find the root cause of your problem and undergo the necessary treatments.
Hair Regrowth Tips
Many people want strong and healthy hair especially as they grow older. So, in this article, we have covered the best hair regrowth tips which actually works for you.
1. Interestingly HAIR GROWS AROUND 0.5 INCHES (1.25CM) PER MONTH AND 6 INCHES (15CM) PER YEAR.
2. How fast it grows depends on factors like age, health, genetics and diet.
3. Eating a balanced diet with the right nutrients will enhance the hair growth. So, in this article, you can know the complete hair regrowth tips.
SOME OF THE INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT “HAIR”
1. Hair is a protein filament that grows from follicles found in the dermis (inner layer of the skin).
2. It is primarily composed of the protein called ALPHA- KERATIN.
3. Hair growth begins inside the hair follicle.
It follows a specific growth cycle with” 3 “distinct and concurrent phases.
1) Anagen phase- lasts 2-8 years
2) Catagen phase- where hair stops growing lasts 4-6 weeks.
3) Telogen phase- where hair falls out lasts 2-3 months; all these phases occur simultaneously.
Each has specific characteristics that determine the length of the hair.
FACTORS AFFECTING THE HAIR GROWTH
1. Age, health, diet, hormones, seasonal changes and climate.
REASON: It reduces the blood and oxygen supply to the scalp, which is essential to healthy hair.
*According to KIDS HEALTH, it’s normal to lose between 50 – 100 hairs a day.
In order to grow hair faster, there should be minimal hair loss. Hence will discuss some features about hair loss like causes, diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
CAUSES FOR HAIR LOSS
1. The most common cause is hereditary male or female pattern baldness.
2. Hormonal changes associated with pregnancy, childbirth, discontinuing the use of birth control pills and menopause can cause temporary hair loss.
3. Medical conditions like thyroid disease, alopecia areate (an autoimmune disease that attacks hair follicles) and some scalp infections.
4. A diet lacking in protein, iron and other nutrients can lead to thinning hair.
To know more about the causes of hair loss, read the complete article.
1. 1st cause of treatment for hair loss is medication.
2. Most common products contain an ingredient Bhringraj and Rishi Grow Hair oil works wonder in getting your hair back with better strength.
3. Oral medication like Capsule Hair Grow, Capsule Hair care for male or female pattern baldness can be advised.
4.Herbal Plant and Panchkarma Procedures like Shirodhara, Shirobasti , Nasyam will help to regrow hair naturally.
PREVENTION OF HAIR LOSS
1. Avoid tight hair styles, which put too much pressure on hair.
2. Avoid blow dryers, hair straighteners, coloring products etc.
3. Make sure you have a balanced diet and getting adequate amount of iron and protein.
4. Hereditary hair loss may be more difficult to treat but certain procedures such as Leech Therapy, Jivadan (PRP), Shirdhara, Basti (Medicated Enema) can help reduce the appearance of baldness.
5. Talk to your our Panchkarma Trichologist Experts to explore all your options to lessen the effects of hair loss.
A disorder leading to the loss of hair that is triggered by a mistakenly attacked immune system on the follicles of hair is termed as Alopecia areata. The hair follicles are the source of hair growth, and they are prone to be attacked by various environmental factors. The damage undergone by the hair follicles is usually not of a permanent nature. Hair growth is observed to occur for in a normal cycle ranging from 1 to 5 years. The rate of growth of hair is approximately 1 cm per month during the growth phase.
At any given point of time during the growth phase, around 80-85 percent of the hair present on the scalp are growing. The remaining hair is in a resting period, which usually falls of after 2-3 months. On a daily basis, around 50 to 70 hair may fall off from the scalp. This hair fall is considered to be normal as it is a part of the resting period cycle. But when the daily count of hair fall increases, then consulting a physician is recommended.
If the physician diagnoses a genetic balding pattern, then it is due to the inability of the follicles to produce new hair. Excessive hair loss does not cause genetic balding. Hair fall affects both males and females, with a significant rise observed with increasing age. The inherited type of hair fall pattern is observed more commonly in males than females.
Balding pattern of males involves loss of hair on the anterior scalp region. Most men lose a significant amount of hair by the time they are 60 years of age. The most common cause of balding in men is the gene-related pattern baldness. They inherit this trait of balding. In this condition, visible hair loss is observed at a very young age, which develops into extensive loss of hair. The loss of hair is preceded by a receding hair line which later turns into baldness on the top of the head.
In women, inherited pattern of baldness can cause a generalized thinning of hair over the scalp.
Etiology – Alopecia areata renders the hair follicles an inability to produce hair. Lack of hair production in the affected area can cause bald patches on the person’s scalp. Currently there are no confirmatory tests available to find the exact cause of this condition. Heredity has been implicated as the known causative factor of alopecia. Other factor that may play a role in causing baldness are environmental factors, chronic illnesses, long-term medications, dysfunction of the thyroid gland, nutritional disorders and deficiencies, anxiety, stress, chronic depression, pregnancy and skin diseases.
According to Ayurveda, hair fall is a ‘shirorog, and is termed as ‘khalitya’. The treatment protocol for Alopecia areata according to Ayurveda is as follows:
1. Pacification of the pitta: This treatment is considered to be an effective method for enhancement of a person’s the digestive system. it is helpful in the elimination of toxins from the body using potent herbal medicines.
2. Oil massage therapy: Medicated herbal hair oil containing Jasminum grandifolium is found to very effective in treating baldness when massaged on the scalp with light circular motion regularly.
3. Panchakarma: This treatment involves the use of five remedies for a complete cleansing process of the body. Among the five remedies of Panchakarma, the ‘shirodhara’ therapy that comprises of a head massage with medicated oil is considered to be very helpful in hair follicle stimulation.
4. Nasya therapy: This treatment therapy involves the administration of medicines through the nasal route. Clearance of the impurities from the nasal route is achieved through this method.
5. Balanced diet: A balanced diet that is based on Ayurvedic principles of food intake is considered to play the most important role in treating Alopecia. Elimination of certain foods is recommended, while certain foods are advised to be eaten on a routine basis. Green leafy vegetables, pulses, lentils, seeds, nuts should be increased in the diet intake.