Back pain is very common these days and can happen to anyone. The reasons for the same are also plenty, it could be because of infection of the spine, sleep disorders, bad mattress, awkward movement, lifting something, bad posture, standing for long and bending down to name a few. So, here are some things that might be increasing your risk of back pain:
Here are some causes that might be a reason behind that back pain:
There will come a time when you will witness certain symptoms and you might need to see a doctor. These symptoms are as follows:
Back pain can be diagnosed in many ways. To do the same, your doctor will take your medical history and also some physical tests. These tests include:
The cause of your back pain might not be visible in these medical tests at times. A lot of times you will not even know why you are going through that back pain. It can also get better at times without undergoing any sort of treatment.
Here are a few domestic ways with which you can treat the back pain:
In case none of the remedies or solutions work, it is best to consult a doctor.
What is chiropractic therapy?
It is one of the type of alternative medicine which deals with diagnosis, and treatment of disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Doctors who perform it are known as chiropractors.
How was it originated?
It was invented by D. D. Palmer in 1895. It was invented by him by adjusting the spine of a deaf man, and he restored his hearing by doing that. After finding such a great result he proposed that all the diseases are due to subluxation of the spine (95%), and subluxations of other bone (5%).
Thus, he concluded, and formed a base of it by postulating following things:
But there is no supporting evidence of these postulates.
Why is it done?
The main purpose of it is to correct alignment problems, to reduce the pain, and to support the body's natural ability to heal itself. Sometimes, other methods, such as the application of heat, and ice, electrical stimulation, relaxation techniques, rehabilitative, and general exercise, diet counseling, weight loss, and lifestyle modification are also advised.
What are the advantages of it?
What are the adverse effects of it?
Pain in the back can be due to a number of reasons. It may be habitual, occupational, sports-related, or idiopathic.
Apart from these, back pain may also occur due to unknown or unrelated reasons. Homeopathic is a great alternative compared to allopathic medicines because it has no side effects and the cure is long term. In classical homeopathic treatment, complete mental and physical symptoms are cosnsidered but still there are certain medicines which are commonly used. The several homeopathic medications that may be used for back pain are as follows:
In addition to these, there are other homeopathic remedies that are recommended in cases of back pain such as Cimifuga, Calcarea Carbonica, Calcarea Phosphorica, Dulcamara, etc. To accurately understand which medication needs to be taken under which condition, it’s always wise to consult a homeopathic doctor before popping in any globules.
Lower back pain is a very common discomfort causing condition that occurs anywhere on the back below the ribs and above the legs. The pain is very common and it faced by most individuals at least once during their lifetime.
The most basic measures to cure your lower back pain are exercising well, eating healthy and maintaining a good body posture at all times. Here are some of the common treatment options for reducing back pain.
- Spinal Manipulation
It refers to an ancient form of therapy in which your back pain is treated externally. This form of treatment is quite similar to a massage treatment and helps to relax the muscles in the lower back area, thereby reducing the pain. It is usually done by osteopathic physicians, chiropractors, occupational therapists and physical therapists.
- Neurostructural integration technique (NST)
The main role of this type of treatment is to naturally reset the affected area of the body in order to allow it to regain its normal form. The results usually begin to appear after at least 2 sessions of the therapy and the effects are long lasting in nature.
This is an old technique which uses small needles at strategic locations on your skin. The main aim of the acupuncturists is to re-balance the flow of energy in your body and to ensure that you have an optimal level of energy in all parts of your body. This in turn helps to regain the normal state of your lower back if the right points on the body are targeted.
- Other measures
Some preventive measures which ensure that the lower back pain once gone does not reappear are as follows:
- Keep your spine straight and posture correct
- Avoid excessive bending, stretching or weight lifting
- Avoid heavy physical activities like sprinting
- Regular and light exercising
Lower back pain can be one of the most physically debilitating things that can affect you and limit your mobility. Even if the pain isn’t that acute, it could still signal something deteriorating in your lower back. While oral medications, topical creams or sprays can help in reducing pain, there are other effective remedies you can try on your own. These will be handy when you have no medications at hand. One of these is the hot and cold therapy.
Heat therapy for lower back pain
Heat works well with lower back pain as it can dilate blood vessels and improve circulation within the tissue. This will help in circulation and also result in lowering the pain. Heat therapy will also loosen up other muscles in the area and help soothe sore areas which have been taking the burden along with the lower back muscles. Some of the techniques that can be applied are:
1. All day heat wraps: These are specially manufactured belts or wraps which wrap around your abdomen and keep tightness and pressure on your lower back as well as supplying heat.
2. Electric heating pads: These are mechanized heating pads which generate heat with electricity. You can place them under you back and then either sit or sleep with it positioned behind you. However, ensure that you don’t keep these for too long as they could burn your skin.
3. Hot Compress with towels or hot water bags: Use a clean towel and heat it over a conductive surface and apply it on your lower back. You can also use hot water bags for the same purpose.
Cold therapy for lower back pain
Cold therapy uses the principle of constriction of blood vessels as well as slowing circulation. This will help numb the area and thus help relieve the pain. Some of the ways these can be administered are mentioned below.
1. Ice towel: In this method, soak a towel in ice cold water, wring it to dry it and then apply on your lower back. This will numb the pain without transferring the sting of the cold or damaging your skin.
2. Ice packs: Put about half a kg of ice in a plastic Ziploc bag and pour water over the ice to just about cover it. Push out the air out of the bag and then lock it. Use this ice pack with a towel to ensure that you back doesn't get wet.
3. Ice gel packs: These are ready made packs, which can be bought from medical stores and kept frozen to be used whenever you need it in order to relieve lower back pain.
Back pain is a common source of pain, which can be acute, subacute or chronic in nature. Back pain is classified along the segments of the spine and can be divided into neck pain, middle back pain, lower-back pain or tailbone pain.
Lower back pain is a type of back pain, which affects the lower back portion of the body. It may occur from arthritis or due to sudden jerking during movement. Lower-back pain may cause serious discomfort and aching and may disable a person from moving about. It should be treated and cared for properly.
Lower-back pain is likely to cause great discomfort and trouble. You will be unable to carry out your daily chores because of the pain. Therefore, proper treatment and care are required for lower-back pain.
Internet addiction is a very recent phenomenon, but is already a cause of concern. With the advent of various social networking websites, people are increasingly becoming addicted to the internet. Internet addiction disorder is often characterized by people inching to form an emotional attachment with people and activities, all of them online. You may enjoy connecting with people more over the virtual interface instead of the real world; this usually stems from an inability to establish real human contact.
The symptoms of internet addiction disorder are:
1. Excessive usage of the internet
2. Depression, mood swings and irritability if one doesn’t get access to the internet
3. Any effort to reduce internet usage is usually unsuccessful
4. You may experience constant problems in personal relationships, education and your job due to incessant internet usage
5. A tendency of lying to close ones when they ask you how much time you spend over the internet
6. Using internet to escape from real world problems
Internet addiction can gradually isolate you. You may develop an aversion to meeting and communicating with people in real life. This can impair your social skills and make you socially awkward. This disorder also create problems in relationships as it can reduce the time you spend interacting personally.
Internet addiction may also lead you to create online personas to evade low self-esteem issues. This actually aggravates the problem instead of solving it; can result in severe anxiety and depression. Withdrawal symptoms might result in anxiety, depression, irritation and loneliness. This disorder can lead to complications such as dry eyes, headaches, change in sleep patterns and subsequent problems in falling asleep. Back pain from sitting upright while you are on the internet is also very common problem.
The Value of cupping therapy as a treatment in present day medication
Cupping therapy pulls toxins, pathogenic elements, blood poison, dead lymph and cell flotsam and jetsam from profound inside the tissues to the surface. These crippling operators are then more effortlessly removed from the body. The stores disseminate from a couple of hours up to a little while, contingent upon the measure of stagnation and the patients post treatment exercises. The nature of the pathogenic components changes as indicated by the seriousness of the patient's blood stasis; which associates with the nature, seriousness and sort of condition they have. It can show up from a light pink to a dim purple, yet is normally a shade of red. Regularly modest raised knocks will show up. In some cases a reasonable liquid will be attracted to the surface. These are largely consequences of sickness and toxins being expelled from profound inside the tissues. For the most part, the expert will see the best measure of stores being attracted to the surface in the initial couple of medicines. The stores will decrease in force as the more profound issues are settled and the stagnations and toxins have been dug up and flushed out by means of the bodys' own circulatory frameworks, removal from the pores and sweat.
Although the marks look painful, they are not. Patients usually feel an immediate sense of relief.
Keywords: Cupping therapy, Toxins
Since antiquated occasions, complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) have assumed a critical job in human wellbeing and welfare. Cupping treatment gets its name from the cups that are utilized to convey the treatment. Cupping has turned out to be progressively accessible to general society in the ongoing years. "Cupping Therapy is an old restorative treatment that depends after making a nearby suction to assemble blood stream with the end goal to advance mending". Cupping is a conventional idea thought to help in medicinal conditions and has turned out to be progressively more famous in specific situations. It is as yet drilled in country zones as it was rehearsed a huge number of years back, yet as of late has been recognized in the western culture. Cupping treatment is rehearsed worldwide and among various societies to oversee pain and other medical issues. Pain can be enduring and consistent with the patient inclination inconvenience, trouble and frequently anguish if the seriousness is high. Pain that can't be overseen by customary restorative consideration, is the most widely recognized explanation behind looking for remedial options in contrast to traditional medication and the more serious the torment, the more incessant is the utilization of such treatments.
DEFINITION OF CUPPING THERAPY
Cupping therapy is therapy of alternative traditional medicine. Due to utilization of cups, it is called as cupping therapy. Hijama is alternative name of cupping therapy. It is Arabic word, which means ‘to suck’.
HISTORY OF CUPPING THERAPY
There is reason to trust the practice dates from as right on time as 3000 BC. The Ebers Papyrus , composed 1550 BC and one of the most established therapeutic course readings in the Western world, portrays the Egyptians ' utilization of cupping, while at the same time making reference to comparable practices utilized by Saharan Peoples. In ancient Greece, Hippocrates (400 BC) utilized cupping for interior malady and basic issues. The method was profoundly suggested by Muhammad and henceforth very much drilled by Muslim researchers who explained and built up the technique further. Continuously, this method in its various structures spread into medication all through Asian and European human advancements. In China, the most punctual utilization of cupping that is recorded is from the popular Taoist chemist and botanist, GeHong (281-341 A.D.).
AIMS AND OBJECTIVE
Cupping treatment ends up prevalent day by days. Many physicians interested to practise this therapy. But very short information they fear to practise. Keeping this fact in mind this article is written to provide basic information of cupping therapy to all research scholar and physicians.
METHODS OF CUPPING
Cupping can be wet or dry. In dry cupping cups are set on flawless skin and the point is to just expel blood and liquid from the site of aggravation to the surface of the skin. Wet cupping, otherwise called phlebotomy, is the point at which mini incisions are made with an exceptional sort of lancet on the locale of the skin where the cup is connected.
The point is to evacuate shallow blood that streams into the cup which is believed to be brimming with poisonous and harmful substances. Cupping is performed by making a vacuum in the cup set on the skin by either applying a warmed cup on the skin which devours the air inside it (fire cupping) or by utilizing a suction pump (suction cupping). In flame cupping the expert may utilize a cup made of glass, metal or wood (bamboo). The cups are then warmed by consuming liquor splashed cotton inside the cups. The cup is then set looked down level on the skin as the warmth makes suction on the skin. Suction cupping utilizes a suction pump to direct the let some circulation into of the cup after it is connected to the skin.
DURATION OF CUPPING
The cups are left in place anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes depending on the nature of the individual’s condition. However duration of cups left may vary patient to patient and severity of the disease.
A general course of treatment involves four to six sessions in intervals starting from 7 to 15 day gaps.
INDICATIONS OF CUPPING THERAPY
1. Musculoskeletal and autoimmune disorders: Cupping can eliminate pain causing substances, prostaglandins, inflammatory mediators and cytokines.
2. Cardiovascular diseases: Cupping eliminates excess intravascular fluids, excess lipids, vasoconstrictors and aetiology concerning substances.
3. Gynaecological disorders:
4. Haematological disorders: Cupping clears blood from fragments of haemolysed cells, liberated Hb, excess iron
5. Dermatological disorders: Cupping clears toxic blood from fragments of abnormally high IgE and other diseases
6. Endocrinal/metabolism disorders: Cupping eliminates accumulated substrates and metabolites from body and induces blood clearance; induce immunity boosting and pharmacological potentiation.
7. Neuropsychiatric disorders: Cupping removes pain causing substances, prostaglandins and aetiological concerning fluids from the body.
8. Respiratory and ENT disorders: Cupping removes pathology concerning substances and boost immunity.
9. Gastrointestinal disorders:
CONTRAINDICATION OF CUPPING THERAPY
SIDE EFFECTS OF CUPPING THERAPY
This particular method of wet cupping is a specialty treatment and must be performed by trained and qualified Unani physician.
Cupping therapy treatment allows the practitioner to determine with the aid of suction cups whether the position of the symptoms is the true location of the disease. Additionally, we can detect which organ is defective and in need of treatment. With the many forms of cupping therapy health care provider should review the literature and make their selection of cupping method and points based on treatment studies.
Vulvodynia is generally identified as a condition, which causes chronic back painor vulvar pain, but having no identifiable cause. The causes as well as the nature of the condition are very obscure, and until recent times, it had never been considered to be an actual pain syndrome. What is commonly affected is the vulva, or the external female genital organs, consisting of the clitoris, labia and the vaginal opening.
Generally, there are two types of vulvodynia:
Although not life threatening, signs and symptoms of Vulvodynia can still cause a ton of problems for women. They can create much complication when it comes to daily activities as well as other feelings, like sexual frustration, agitation, depression and low self-esteem.
Symptoms can be very erratic and can occur once in a while or all the time. They may be limited to just one specific area or can affect the entire vulva, interfering with daily activities such as walking, exercising and sexual intercourse.
Here are some common signs and symptoms:
Because the causes are not identifiable, extensive research is still going on in order to decipher the nature of the syndrome. A few possible causes may include:
1. He listens to your complaints properly and not just starts writing prescription before you explain your problem.
2. He examines you properly and explains about examination and importance of particular examination.
3. Explains about probable causes of your complaints and investigations needed and importance of each investigation
4. He explains you about your disease, preventive, dietary, rehabilitative, and treatment (conservative or operative) and pros and cons of each.
5. Let us come to point. Your report shows severely deficient vitamin d level. Or severely deficient vitamin b12 level. Did your doctor explain you about importance of vitamin d. Did you doctor tell you how imp is vitamin b12. You have chronic backache did your doctor tell you about proper posture, precautions needed, exercise regime if not not then your not at right place.
Ok I will explain vitamin d deficiency; rampant in society. Diabetes, depression, cancer eg breast cancer, weakening of bones decreased immunity, inflammation of small vessels which could even lead to cardiac arrest all these are related to vitamin d deficiency. Did your doctor made you understand how important is vitamin d if you have been diagnosed with deficiency of of vitamin d. Did your doctor explain you role of b12, supplementation if you are a vegetarian.
6. Doctors just treat healing is by god. We follow principles of treatment and lord heals. Good doctor listens, explains, makes you comfortable so that you could explain your problem properly, not just writes prescription or asks for surgery but makes you sure that your at right place. Makes you feel why our elders used to call medical profession a noble profession.