Acidity is an ailment that troubles most people regardless of the absence of any other medical condition. It causes discomfort in the chest region along with heart burn and indigestion. If you are distressed with acidity, you may consider undergoing Ayurvedic treatment which would help in alleviating the problem to a great extent.
1. Tulsi leaves:
• Tulsi leaves help in stimulating the stomach for production of more mucus and are also rich in anti-ulcer properties which cause a significant reduction in the effects of gastric acid.
• It is recommended to chew 5 to 6 clean Tulsi leaves when you have acidity to soothe the stomach.
3. Cumin seeds:
• Cumin seeds which are commonly used in cooking dishes have anti-inflammatory properties that aid in soothing the digestive tract.
• These stimulate saliva production, boost metabolism and relieve the problem of bloating along with other discomforts caused by gastric troubles.
• You may chew a few cumin seeds when troubled with acidity or boil them in water and drink the solution.
4. Cold milk:
• The richness of calcium in milk aids in reducing acid problems and absorbing the acid which has already been produced.
• It helps in providing instant relief from the burning sensation owing to its coldness.
• But it is important to drink it plain without any additives like sugar.
• Cloves are known for their calmative properties which help to improve the process of peristalsis by which food moves down the stomach.
• When you put a clove in your mouth, just bite it once to help in releasing the extracts which would reach your digestive tract and immediately lower down the acid reflux.
• If you do not find raw ginger to be very pungent, you can keep a candied ginger slice in your mouth for instant relief from acidity.
• If you feel that you wouldn’t be able to chew raw ginger, you can boil it in water and drink it after it cools down.
• Ginger can be also eaten with a small piece of jaggery to help the juice reach the stomach and alleviate the acidity.
7. Mint leaves:
• Commonly referred to as ‘pudina’, mint leaves are known for lowering the acid content and improve digestion.
• If you feel that an acid attack is imminent, you can chop down a few mint leaves and boil it in water and drink the solution for eliminating bloating problems.
These few Ayurvedic remedies can help in soothing acidity along with its other symptoms.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!