A physical problem related to intimacy is something that keeps the patient from having a satisfactory intimate experience. Many women encounter many kinds of problems at various stages of their lives. In this article, we have listed the seven most common sex problems that women experience. Take a look to know more!
- Lack of sexual desire: A total lack of, or inhibited sexual desire is a problem that may be caused due to factors like age, menopause, stress, hormonal changes, pregnancy and child birth, depression, and even fatigue. Also, a work heavy lifestyle as well as too much focus on areas like children can lead to a situation where sex takes a backseat and after a while, lack of desire sets in.
- Anorgasmia: Not being able to orgasm during intercourse despite plenty of stimulations is a problem that some women face. This condition can be of various types including primary, secondary and others, to depict a range of orgasm related issues where a proper sexual release does not occur. This can happen due to causes like infections, past sex related trauma, pain during intercourse and other issues including anxiety and depression.
- Painful intercourse: This condition can also be called Vaginismus. A number of causes can trigger pain that women feel in the vaginal area during intercourse, which can lead to vaginal contractions or an involuntary spasm. The causes include endometriosis, STDs or sexually transmitted diseases, ovarian cysts, vaginititis, lack of proper lubrication during sex, and stress.
- Arousal problems: Lack of sexual arousal is another problem that can happen due to lack of sufficient stimulation and lubrication which affects the blood flow to the vagina, thus preventing an erection of the clitoris. This condition may also be caused due to stress and relationship problems.
- Related ailments: The presence of a chronic ailment can also lead to sexual problems for a member of either sex. When a woman is suffering from diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, drug abuse and other such ailments, then sex related activities tend to take a back seat and are often also hindered due to the symptoms of some of these conditions.
- Side effects: Taking medication that has to do with depression or menopause can also have a bearing on the kind of sex life that a woman enjoys as these medicines often create hormonal imbalances and numb certain neurotransmitters with the suppressants that they contain.
- Psychological factors: It has been proven medically that stress, anxiety, depression, trauma and other such factors play up on the sex life of a patient in a serious manner. Using frequent practice with proper lubrication and counselling as well, one can overcome such problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Updates from Lybrate: Due to stress and hectic lifestyle, sexual bliss has become a dream for many. To keep your sex life alive and kicking, Buy these Sexual Wellness Products available at Lybrate's GoodKart.
In case you have a concern or query regarding sexual health ask a doctor online, you can consult the best sexologist doctor online, & get the answers to your questions.