The entire concept of worshiping a deity lays down to the path of faith and belief which helps human life to progress and hold on to their hopes. Navaratri is one such festival, the roots of which delves deep into the minds of Hindu psychology. Navaratri is a nine-day festival that is celebrated all over India in various forms and different rituals. It focuses on the worship of goddess Durga and worshiping the nine avatars or reincarnations. During these nine days, the entire country is lit up with happiness, homecoming, love, friendship, bonding over cultural heritage and obviously food.
Navaratri requires fasting and for this with the festival knocking at the door here are some great mouthwatering fasting dishes-
- Let’s start with something sweet- Desserts stimulate a refreshing feeling. Low-fat makhana kheer recipe made with nuts is the best dessert you can consume during navaratri. Makhana is an excellent source of carbohydrates, protein, magnesium, fiber, potassium, phosphorus, potassium, iron and zinc. Low in calories and high in fiber, it facilitates weight loss. Indulge without bothering about weight gain.
- A colorful platter- Mixed fruit salad with apples, berries, apricot, avocado, cherries is the best fruity dish to include in the diet plan for navaratri. This mixture is suggested to eat during the daytime. You can add combinations of berries such as blueberries and strawberries, with this. This is because berries are great choices when it comes to maintaining glucose and cholesterol levels.
- Banana and Walnut lassi- Charge up with this healthy drink, a Lassi made with the goodness of, bananas, yogurt nuts, and honey. Walnut is full of essential nutrients that the body requires, and Yogurt gives infuses diet with, zinc, calcium, protein, and phosphorus. Bananas are an excellent source of potassium, folate, vitamins B6 and C. Hence, lassi is a refreshing drink filled with goodness.
- Sabudana khichdi or tapioca porridge- A quintessential fasting dish which has been there for decades and never goes out of the beat. With a dash of your favorite vegetables, some butter it can fill your stomach for hours apart from falling under a sumptuous meal recipe. These include a less level of saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium. It is also a superb source of dietary fiber and boosts energy.
- Samvat Rice or Barnyard Millet Rice- This rice with cashews, almonds, coriander leaves, is a special dish served during navaratri. Almonds contain dietary fiber that is good for health. Also, cashews and almonds are healthy and rich in vitamins and minerals. This can be served as an excellent meal which serves both tastes as well as the nutritional requirement. Barnyard millet is gluten-free and includes proteins and carbohydrates to give energy through navaratri fast which is much needed.
Equipped with these simple recipes filled with numerous health benefits, this navaratri celebrate the festival with health and happiness! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!