Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Tiruvannamalai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sathesh Kumar.R
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sathesh Kumar.RYour feedback matters!
Good morning I am 23 year old Male. I have been facing a problem with my mouth from last one month. My mouth is getting more smelly day by day from last 10 days I started brushing twice a day but nothing results good it is making my personal life very bad. Whatever I ate, it's becoming very smelly. Bad smell is coming out. Some of my friends also told me that smell is coming out. Please advise any medicine or mouth freshener to avoid it thanks.
EI am 26 years old male. My question is how long after a tooth extraction before eating and drinking?
I am suffering from Ulcer in my mouth for last 1 week. I can't eat properly because of it's pain. I suffer this illness for last 2 years and now I can't tolerate it anymore. Even I haven't problem of constipation! Can you please suggest me what should be done?
Sir I have a mouth odour problem. I use to brush twice a day and even use the Colgate plax twice a day.
Any idea to get those yellow teeth make white. Share any real effective idea as I have already tried a lot. Thanks.
Dental fluorosis is characterized by white patches on the teeth, caused due to excess fluoride ingestion during enamel formation. This condition is commonly observed in children aged between 3 months to 8 years. It occurs in the early stages of life when teeth are just beginning to form.
What are the causes for dental fluorosis?
Dental fluorosis results from over exposure to fluoride during the early stage of tooth development. Excessive consumption of fluoride causes damage to the enamel cells, which in turn leads to mineralization disorder. The major sources of fluoride are-
- Drinking water that contains high level of fluoride
- Baby food, cookies that contain fluoride
- Certain medications prescribed to children for improving teeth strength, that contain high amount of fluoride
- Toothpastes containing excess amount of fluoride
If the level of fluoride exceeds the recommended range, then your teeth may develop white, yellow or dark brown patches/stains on the surface.
How can dental fluorosis be prevented?
Dental fluorosis is extremely common. With proper preemptive measures and parental guidance, this onset of this condition can be prevented.
- Apply a pea-sized amount of toothpaste when brushing your teeth
- Brushing your teeth several times a day can increase the risk of consuming excessive fluoride. So make sure you don’t end up brushing your teeth more than twice a day.
- Children are advised to brush their teeth under the supervision of an elder. So that the child does not end up swallowing the toothpaste.
- Avoid intake of fluoride supplements, unless prescribed by your doctor. Even if your child is advised to take these supplements, the dosage should not exceed the level that’s been prescribed.
What is the treatment for dental fluorosis?
Although mild dental fluorosis does not always need the patient to undergo treatment, it may affect the back of your teeth and cause discoloration of tooth. In such cases, the doctor can perform the following techniques-
- Tooth whitening- this technique is used to remove unsightly, unpleasant stains and whiten your tooth
- Bonding- the affected tooth is coated with a hard resin which bonds with the enamel
- Veneers- these are custom-made shells which cover your teeth at the front and improve their appearance. Veneers are used in case of severe dental fluorosis.
Dental fluorosis is not a disease. It is a dental condition which can be prevented, and treated if necessary. Follow the above guidelines to avoid fluorosis.