Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Tiruvallur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kamalakannan R
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kamalakannan RYour feedback matters!
I am giving semi solid food to my 6 months baby. And we are using plastic spoon for it. So do we need to sterilized every time?
Symptoms and Treatments of Fibroids.
Hello friends! I’m Dr. Usha. M. Kumar. I’m Senior Consultant and Gynae Endoscopic Surgeon at Max Super Speciality Hospital. I want to discuss one very common problem is fibroids. Because when I sit in OPD, I see many patients of fibroids every day and this is a problem which usually happen to 40+ of women but it can happen to the young girls as well and you will be very surprised to know sometimes the fibroids are there in your womb and you don’t even come to know and you are going to the doctor with some other problem and when we advise ultrasound and all of a sudden we see there are the fibroids. It can be totally asymptotic as well but sometimes, in the young girls, if they are having fibroids, they can have the problems.
First of all, I would like to tell you very important thing, if you have fibroids, there is nothing to be scared of. Because fibroids, these are non-fleshy and basically non-cancerous tumour. So, fibroids if you have, it can cause problems in the terms suppose if it is inner line of uterus, this can cause difficulty in conception and if it is in the outer wall and it is very big in size , it can cause some pressure symptoms like you may have only the back ache or might you have to go many times to pass urine so, frequency of urine is more because of pressure of that fibroid and sometimes, if it is in the inner lining of uterus or in the middle layer of uterus, it can cause heavy periods which is a very common problem I’m usually facing and most of the women are facing they come to my OPD so if, the young girls or married young girls say 22-30 , 22-40 if they are having fibroid and they are having problem in the conception, treatment is very simple.
Now, the medical technology has become so much advanced so with the very small equipment , we can take out the fibroids without making any cut in the body, so this we call endoscopic surgery and basically I’m expert of endoscopic surgeries and if this fibroid is big in size and it’s causing heavy periods and it’s more than 3cm, you have taken medicine, nothing is helping you then, the option is , if you want to save your uterus, we can only remove fibroid again with the help of key hole surgery which we also call minimally invasive or laparoscopic surgery. So, it hardly makes , 0.5cm or 1cm of cut, we can take out any size of fibroid.
Only thing we have to use morcellator which can cut down the big size of the fibroid in the small pieces and I mean it’s a very wonderful surgery and people are surprised to know up to 8cm or 10 cm of fibroid can be removed with laparoscopic surgery. I would like to give you very important tip, fibroids, most of the time, they are genetically inherited and if your sister has got fibroid, or your mother has got fibroid then, you have little higher possibilities to have fibroid but, of course, the most important thing for all girls, all women, is taking balanced diet, taking more and more antioxidants in your food and do lots of exercise. This can prevent many of the problems in women and if you really happen to have such problem, you can contact me in Max Smart Super Speciality Hospital.
I’m sitting here every day or you can come to my clinic that’s Progeny in Dayanand Colony Lajpat Nagar 4. You can call me, you can check me and you can send your problems through Lybrate and then, you can send your queries. I can answer your queries or, otherwise, you can fix up an appointment with me in these two places. Thank You!
I have 4th year girl child. We went for 5 days tour. Now she got vomiting and motions with stomach pain also she is getting pain at stool place. What to do?
I'm giving birth to my baby yesterday and now my baby on breast feeding what diet is necessary for me. Can I take non veg diet?
My Baby is 2 months old her weight gain has become less and my doc has prescribed lactodex hmf to be added in Mother’s milk n given. As milk my isn’t sufficient so can also give formula milk to my baby. Will there be side effects of giving formula and lactodex hmf.
My daughter is 9 months old. From 3 days she is having cold and fever. Sometime she is vomiting. And from today loose motion started. 4 days before she had Ganesha prasada in our society place. Still she has fever. Sometimes fever 101 or 102 f.can you recognize what is happening with her. She is taking medicine.
My baby is 2 months old and while feeding a baby can I have lemon and honey in warm water. Is that affect the baby in wrong way?
Fibroid tumour is the abnormal cell growth in the uterus and they are mostly benign. Fibroids usually affect women in the age bracket of 30 - 40. Fibroid tumours are of three types, depending on their location:
- Submucosal fibroids: The tumour develops under the lining of the uterus
- Intramural fibroids: The growth is found amongst the muscles in the wall of the uterus
- Subserosal fibroids: The growth develops on the wall of the uterus right in the pelvic cavity
Causes behind it
The exact cause of fibroids in not known clearly. But certain factors have been discovered that might influence their formation. These factors include:
- Hormones: Progesterone and estrogen are the hormones responsible for recreating the uterine lining during every menstrual cycle. These hormones might trigger the formation of tumour.
- Family history: If any member in your family; your mother, grandmother or sister has/had fibroids in their uterus, you may also develop it.
- Pregnancy: Your body produces excessive progesterone and estrogen when you are pregnant, which may cause an increase in the size of a pre-existing small fibroid. Myomectomy can be done by giving incision on the abdomen or by laparoscopy depending on the size and location of the fibroids.
Signs You are suffering from it
- Heavy bleeding along with blood clots during or between your periods
- Lower back or pelvic pain
- Elevated menstrual cramping
- Frequent urination
- Pain during sex
- Longer than normal periods
- Bloating or pressure in lower abdomen
- Enlargement or swelling of the abdomen
How it can be treated?
Your doctor will formulate the right treatment depending on your age, the mass of the fibroids and your overall health. Your doctor may choose a combination of treatment to cure your fibroids, and they include:
- Medication: Gonadotropin releasing hormones (GnRH) agonists, birth control pills and ibuprofen (anti-inflammatory medicine) are prescribed. GnRH agonists reduce the level of progesterone and estrogen in your uterus.
- Surgery: Myomectomy and hysterectomy are two common surgical procedures to treat fibroids. Myomectomy is performed by removing the fibroids only by making an incision on the abdomen. But hysterectomy completely removes the uterus. The latter is reserved for serious cases.
- Non-invasive surgery: Forced ultrasound surgery, myolysis (shrinking fibroids with laser or electric current), cryomyolysis (fibroids are frozen) and endometrial ablation (an instrument uses heat, hot water, microwaves or electric current to destroy fibroids) are some non-invasive surgical procedures.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!