Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Tiruvallur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My baby is 6 months old. He is doing potty frequently. He use to go 2 times per day. But now he is doing 4 to 5 times per day. And I asked few people and they said it is normal when new teeth are coming out. please help me what I have to do to my son.
My baby is 3 months old his skin gets darker compare to previous month am much worried about it what shall I do.
My son yashwant going for swimming class. .his body colour changes and becomes dull and dark. Tell me why? Kindly tell me good remedy to make my don look fair.
Which which tests of a 5 months girl baby of approx 6+ kg weight must be done. Even if all the dose are given.
Hi sir I have a 4 month old daughter who is suffering from hydrocephalus what are the treatment and where it possible.
My 6 month old baby frequently passes watery stool after duration of 3 to 4 days. Is this normal happening.
Till 6 months I gave breastfeeding. Still continuing to give. Bt can I feed my baby girl Amul milk if no why?
My baby is 7 month old, I started solids on mrng and eve, is it true that digestion will not smoothly done if we give foods after 6 pm? When is the correct time?
My daughter is just 2 and half year old but has many symptoms of obsessive compulsive disorder. She needs many things to be in proper positions. Even at midnight gets up and cries, even if she gets one wrinkle in bedsheet.Really don't understand how to tackle this behaviour? Get worried if it will increase with age?
Depression is a state of mind that adversely affects the way a person thinks, feels and behaves. It’s becoming an unpleasant existence in everyone’s life these days due to lot of factors such as:
Competition with Others,
Desires not getting fulfilled,
Relationship related concerns,
Societal Pressures etc.
In most cases, depression does not have a single cause. Rather, it results from a mix of factors i.e. your genes, events in your past, your current circumstances and much more. Depression, like many other behavioral health issues, has complex interacting Biological, Psychological, Social and Environmental contributing factors. Depression in teenagers is very common owing to hormonal changes and increased stress of coping with studies and the social world. Genetic factors also play an important role in triggering depression in teenagers.
Signs and Symptoms of Depression:
Persistent Sadness: Constant feeling of sadness irrespective of the company.
Thoughts or attempts of suicide: Thinking that suicide will solve all problems.
Fatigue: A state of decreased energy levels.
Helplessness and Hopelessness: Living with a though that nothing will ever get better.
Loss of interest in daily activities: Lack of interest in your hobbies, your favourite pastimes or social activities, or sex etc.
Appetite or weight changes: Significant weight loss or weight gain.
Sleeping disorders: Either insomnia, especially waking in the early hours of the morning, or oversleeping.
Irritability: Low tolerance level.
Loss of energy: Feeling fatigued, sluggish, and physically drained.
Self-loathing: Feeling of worthlessness or guilt.
Concentration Issues: Trouble focusing or remembering things.
Homeopathy For Depression
Homeopathic remedies for depression in teenagers are no different from those used for treating depression in adults. In the initial stages or in the milder form or in people who are not aware of the disease, depression can go unidentified till its implications become too obvious. People often overlook it as a mere low mood or some start assuming it as a part of their psychological makeup. Even families or spouse start accommodating accordingly, thereby making identification of depression all the more difficult. Homeopathic treatment for depression is great form of alternative medicine and natural therapy for depression.
Advantages of using Homeopathy for Depression:
- The best part of homeopathic treatment is that the homeopathic medicines are totally free from side effects and its long term use leads to no damage to the body. Homeopathic medicines also do not cause any sedation.
- The options in conventional treatments are either to take antidepressant medications or to remain depressed, however, homeopathic medicines are said to be side effect free and its long term use leads to no damage to the body. Homeopathic medicines also do not cause any sedation.
- There are lot of medications in homeopathy which are used, post understanding of the behaviour of a person; his/her complete biological and genetic status, his/her existing medical conditions.
- It is always recommended to consult a homeopath and not to go for self-medication, as it requires specific potencies of medicines for them to be effective on the medical condition.
I have a son of 4 1/2 years he often gets cold every now & then why does he get cold every time if I give him kerala banana will it effect him from cold & he likes to drink milk from the feeder. He don't leave his feeder.
My new born baby makes some disturbing voices even at his sleep. In malayalam we call it as'muuree. I am not sure of the english term. Pls help wht to do. Is this normal?
My 11 month old son will keep on getting up at nights he won't sleep well even in morning afternoon . Because of that I am not having proper sleep. And I feel very tired. I have back pain too. For me c section. I feed him well. Will change diapers at nights. All perfect. Pls help doctor's.
I have a eight months old baby I have been giving him food in plastic bowls is it ok or should other material should be used like steel or glass and can MELAMINE bowls be used.
A mother's prime focus always is how to ensure that her child is happy and comfortable, especially when the child is too small. One of the problems which bothers many mothers who are bringing up really small children, is diaper rash. Sensitive skin, tight diaper and prolonged contact with feces and urine etc are common reasons for diaper rash or irritant diaper dermatitis.
Here are few tips to avoid diaper rash and ensuring your child is always comfortable.
1. Careful with wash: if you are using a cloth diaper, be extra careful in washing such that there is no soap remaining in the cloth.
2. Clean well: when bathing your baby, make sure you clean the area covered by diaper with a mild soap and do not rub the area while drying, since the skin is sensitive.
3. Remove soiled diaper instantly: this is the most important. However busy you are, you need to aware of the times when the diaper/cloth has been soiled. And when soiled, the diaper has to be changed at the earliest. Do not keep your baby in the diaper for all hours of the day. It is good if they are out of the diaper for some time every day.
4. Keep the diaper loose. Also, ensure that you wash the cotton diapers with fabric softeners and try to avoid wipes altogether as they have strong chemicals in them.
5. Keep a tab on rashes: if your baby does get the rashes, check with the pediatrician at the earliest. Frequent topical applications of a bland protective barrier agent (zinc oxide paste) may suffice to prevent dermatitis. There are also chances of fungal infections. Antifungal creams should be used on advice of a doctor.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.