Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Tiruvallur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kamalakannan RYour feedback matters!
My 2 year baby suffering from fever since two weeks, amoxicilin. Ciprofloxacine did not worked. What could be the infection. Please reply. Blood urine stool did not showed any infection.
Is dysentery common in infants, sometimes it is greenish in colour why also is there anything that mothers should not eat, commonly people tend to say not to eat apple, banana as it causes formation of sputum. Kindly suggest.
After my delivery .I have back pain and I gained weight. My baby is now 8 month old. How can I do my day activities normally. Pl suggest me some exercise.
My daughter is suffering with amleopia ie, lazy eyes, and is on treatment of putting patches on either eyes. But it was suggested that it should be worn for 6hrs but we r able to make her wear on for 4 hrs, because of different reasons. Plz let us know would it get rectified like this ever or she has to wear it for 6hrs. My daughter is 6 years old.
Hi, my niece is of five and a half years old, she has a bad body odour problem. Please tell me some remedies to get rid of the body odour. Thanks in advance.
I am 40 years old. I have a 14 year old son. I am sure he masturbates daily. Does masturbation will reduce his height growth as he is just 4 foot now. Please help is masturbation good or bad for him at this height growing age?
My daughter is 12 years old. She is an achondroplasia child having ARRESTED hydrocephalus from almost 5 years. She is suffering from stomach ache and vomiting from last 20 days and severe head reeling from last 7 days. On admitting at the nursing home on 8th jan, she was given with antibiotics, anti vomiting, antacid and mannitol. The doctors there were expecting it to be increased pressure ICT and asked for VP shunt or consulting neurosurgeon. On consulting to a senior neurosurgeon, he examined the eye movement, hand movement, touching nose, leg touching movements and rejected vp shunt procedure as it is an attested case of hydrocarbons as per comparison of 4 CT scan reports over last 5 years. Presently she is having severe and continued head reeling and occasional vomiting. Need proper guidance as shunt or etv is not a permanent solution.
My son (11 years) have been suffering from cough since last 2 years. Though the cough is intermittent in nature, he says that something blocks his chest, for which, he coughs. He was diagnosed with anti allergy medicines, but of no use. Can you suggest the remedy?
Our baby is 3.5 months old and she feeds very less. Also her feet stay cold and head is warm. Is she normal ? In Ayurveda I have heard this is not good.
My baby's birth weight is 2.23 and now she is 8.5kg, now she is 13months old. Is this weight gain normal, weight gain hasbbeen stopped from 10th month. She is very active and crossing every milestone in time. Kindly guide me in this.
I have 3 months baby. I m breastfeeding my baby. What I should eat to get more milk for my baby through breastfeeding?
His birth weight is 3 kg. Now his weight is 4 kg. He is 3 month baby. He is formula feed & breastfeeding also. He is very much vomiting. After every feeding & burning. He is not growing.
Namaste my daughter has cough since 5 days. I used cough syrup and cough tablets. Her age is 8 years? What is the reason for cough to my daughter? What is the proper remedy and it increases more in night.
My son heavy cold, running nose, cough. His age 1.9 months. He troubles to inhale via nose. Kindly advice.
Coughing is a common problem of the respiratory tract and often indicates a deeper problem. It can be very irritating and can affect eating habits and socialization. A cough which persists for more than 4 weeks is believed to be chronic in nature. Tuberculosis (TB) is the most common cause of chronic cough in India. TB is an airborne bacterial infection caused by the organism, 'Mycobacterium tuberculosis', that primarily affects the lungs, although other organs and tissues may be involved. Cardinal features are:
- Chronic cough with or without sputum.
- Fever more in the night time.
- Poor appetite.
- Unintentional weight loss.
Read on to know about other common causes of chronic cough and how to manage them.
- Allergies: People with allergies usually have a chronic cough, which gets aggravated when exposed to the allergens such as pollen or environmental dust. Staying away from allergen provides relief. Antihistamines are also useful, which most people detected with allergies keep in handy. Inhalers might be required, if there is associated congestion or shortness of breath.
- Asthma: This is a very common chronic condition, caused by inflammation and swelling of the lungs, in addition to wheezing and shortness of breath. Asthma patients often suffer from a chronic cough. An asthma attack usually happens during the night or early morning, and is triggered by colds, cigarette smoke, air pollutants or allergens, which can even include certain foods. Most asthmatics usually carry their steroids, inhalers, and bronchodilators, as the onset of attack can be unpredictable.
- Bronchitis: This condition of inflammation of the bronchial region is very common among smokers and among the elderly. There is excessive mucus accumulation, which the body tries to clear via coughing. The lungs are weakened and therefore, the coughing is painful.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): This is a problem of the digestive system, but regurgitation of food into the airway induces cough. GERD is a chronic issue and so most people also end up with a chronic cough. It is worse with sitting up than with sitting down. Treatment includes H2 blockers to suppress acid production and dietary changes including small, frequent meals and avoiding spicy food items.
- Upper airway cough syndrome: There could be multiple problems in the upper airway, which leads to a constant postnasal drip. Here, there is constant dripping of the sputum into the air passage, which can lead to a chronic cough whenever there is impaired air flow. This can be caused by various forms of chronic sinusitis and rhinitis. People diagnosed with this condition usually resort to antihistamines and decongestants for relief.
- Other causes: There are a number of other causes as noted below. Smoking, tuberculosis, congestive heart failure, pertussis or whooping cough, foreign body in the airway, cancer in the airway passage, chronic aspiration of foods, etc. can all lead to chronic cough.
The key is to identify the reason that is causing the chronic cough. Most people who are diagnosed are educated to handle it and carry the required medications including steroids, bronchodilators, and inhalers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.