Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Tirupur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prabhuram JYour feedback matters!
Hi it is nitesh from suratgarh I am suffering from cough and cold please help me by giving a suggestion?
For any queries please contact me privately. Regards
Hi. I Am from vizag. Actually im suffering with sinusitis. Now im looking to the best hospital to cure my diese.
I am 19 years old. I've been constantly smoking tobacco and cannabis since a long time. I believe my lungs cannot take it anymore and its causing a lot of bulgum. And its not like a normal person's, its concentrated dark green. Please tell me some way to restore my lungs, may be a diet.
I am suffering from chronic bronchial asthama since 10 years and chronic allergic rhinitis for the same 10 years. Took all anti asthamatic drugs inhalers and nasal sprays etc. Since then. No cure. What shall I do? please advise further line of treatment.
I am suffering from heavy cold and cough it is not cure even 15days complete can you please suggest me thank you.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 Weeks and I have Chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
Hi, my question is for last 10 months I have heavy pain in chest & my lung report weak so is this chest heavy in lung problem or any muscle pain? Please advise.
My 60 year old dad faces difficulty in breathing on doing any form of activity like after walking for some time, he gets breathing problem. We checked with the local cardiologist, he did ECG, x-ray, a few blood tests etc, but nothing came out. So he ruled out any heart related problem. All I know is he has gastric problem and no other ailment. Please help me with what to do.
I am 30 years old IT professional suffering with dry cough and while coughing i'm getting the mucous which is pale white in colour with severe throat itching and irritation on a daily basis especially during early morning and while I woke up from sleep. This is been observed from past 20 days. Have had visited the ENT specialist but didn't fetch anything rather still the cough and mucous is still getting on a daily basis with throat irritation and itching.
Asthma is a chronic medical condition which causes narrowing and inflammation of the bronchial tubes (a passage which allows oxygen to leave and enter the lungs). Asthma is characterized by a wheezing or a whistling sound while breathing (due to uneven flow to and from the lungs and the air pipes). Shortness of breath is also experienced during an asthma attack. People who already have the condition are susceptible to sudden asthma attacks, if they are exposed to a situation or a substance which resulting in an irritation or allergy and thus causing changes their breathing pattern.
Symptoms of asthma
- Breathlessness or general difficulty in breathing (depending on hoe mild or severe an episode is)
- Wheezing and hissing sound while breathing or talking.
- Difficulty in speaking and may even be accompanied by severe coughing.
- Tightness can be experienced in the chest area.
- Difficulty in breathing which generally affects your sleep pattern.
- Skin around the rib cage appears to be hollow or ‘sucked in.’
- Bluish or gray color on your fingernail beds and lips
Treatment of asthma
- Prevention: Avoid certain situations and substances which trigger asthma such as pollen, clumps of dust, insect droppings, and moulds among others.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking and consuming tobacco is known to worsen asthma and thus is an absolute imperative to quit.
- Cough medicines: Stop taking cough syrups or other cough medications. Such medication cause side effects and doesn’t help with the discomfort caused by asthma and may even worsen the symptoms
- Avoid NSAID’S: Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can worsen asthma for some people. These should not be consumed without consulting a health care specialist.
- Stop taking diet supplements: Dietary or weight control supplements should be avoided as these have ingredients which may trigger an attack or worsen a bad situation.
- Allergy shots: Sometimes asthma can also be triggered due to certain allergies. Allergy shots are recommended which can relieve your allergy symptoms. These shots increase your immunity by blocking the allergens (dust mites, mold, pets and pollens) from irritating the nerves and areas of the body which may trigger an attack. Minute amounts of allergens are injected over time to build up the tolerance level of an individual. This type of medication can even cure your allergy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.