Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Tirupur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chidambaram GopuYour feedback matters!
Sir I have thyroid last 5 to 6 years pls suggest me what is important methods to come out of these huge problem sir I always go to walking but there is no reduce in weights pls help me.
My sugar is suddenly increased without eating any sweet things. It is 145 and 256. Before this it was 114 and 145. What is the reason? And I am doing regular exercise of walking for 1 hour.
I have thyroid. Taking eltroxin 100 mg everyday Last TSH was around 7. 2 months ago Can it be reduced to normal again? what are the ways to reduce Thyroid? I lose temper a lot and cannot control it. Also I am gaining weight I donot take any other medicine and do exercise swimming 3 times week for 30 minutes.
My body weight is Put on everyday, but I have no thyroid problems, how to lose weight, & what should be my whole day diet? please help.
SIr I'm sugar patIent & the problem Is my age stIll 22 yr's & When I have sex. Tht tIme my pennIes Is not support to me. Tht time not stand this. How can I manage this problem plzz help me. Suggest me. & stIll sugar attack 1years back..
Good afternoon doctor, , age 29yrs. My TSH level is 5.87 (normal range 0.34-5.6 mIU/L) 1year back in my 1st pregnancy I got abortion becoz of baby heart undeveloped) in 1st pregnancy I have TSH level is 7.5. Now my tsh level is 5.87. Im using 50mcg thyroid tablets. Can I plan for pregnancy while using thyroid tablets? This is right time to plan for pregnancy?
I m suffering from diabetes and blood pressure even I have sex problems. What should i do ? Please advice.
Hi Age 77 bypass 25 years back, angioplasty 9 years back, my fasting bs always higher than pp. Last result: fasting 145, pp 116. Please help.
I am male 75years old. I have nagging back pain. My weight is 56 kgs. I am diabetic Fbs is 176 and post prandial is 195. My cholesterol is 204 I am not having any other ailments. Please suggest what I diet I should follow.
What is diabetic constipation and how can I treat it. I am diabetic from 2010 and I take metformin 500mg sr and glimepiride 2 mg with acarbose 25 mg twice a day before breakfast and dinner and from last six months my stool is more hard than normal.
Diabetes is not an isolated disease but a syndrome. It brings with it a host of issues, affecting almost all organs, and that is the reason it is a dreaded issue. Diabetes is the result of chronic inflammation and this inflammation gradually spreads to all other organs. One of the main organs adversely affected is the kidneys. The kidneys are essential filtration agents, and impaired kidney function can have a series of bad effects on the body.
The good news is that not everybody with diabetes will have diabetic nephropathy. However, risk factors for developing diabetic nephropathy are:
- Severe, uncontrolled diabetes
- Family history
- Prior kidney disease, even chronic infection
- Race or ethnicity (native Americans, African Americans, etc.)
- Preexisting hypertension or high cholesterol levels
If you have these risk factors, then all efforts should be aimed at keeping blood sugar at highly optimal level. Once it reaches beyond a certain level, it is very difficult to get it under control.
There would be no symptoms in the initial stages
- If you suspect that increased sugar levels could be damaging the kidneys, it is imperative to do renal functions annually to test for onset of kidney malfunction
- There could be swelling of the feet and ankles
- Urine tests may indicate increased levels of protein in the body (serum albumin in particular)
The idea is to arrest or stop damage to the kidneys.
- Reduce and maintain blood pressure within the recommended levels. This will depend on the age and overall health status. Using angiotensin converting enzymes or angiotensin receptor blockers is the most effective way to control hypertension and related kidney damage
- Keeping blood sugar within the recommended levels helps reduce or stop damage to the blood vessels in the kidneys and thereby, prevent progression
- Maintain optimal levels of cholesterol, as this only adds to hypertension, which further worsens kidney function.
- Eat a heart-healthy diet and exercise regularly. It is a vicious cycle with components including hypertension, high sugar levels, increased heart disease, which all only continues in a circle nonstop. Breaking this cyclical trend is very important.
- Diet should not be too rich in protein, as the kidney function is impaired and may not be able to handle too much protein. Talk to a nutritionist as to how much protein is required and follow it strictly.
- Reduce salt levels in the diet, and strictly do not add extra salt onto your plate
- If you are a smoker, this is a great reason to quit, as it affects all the above conditions.
- Maintain weight under optimal levels. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.