Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Tirupur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
If someone is diabetic, aged above 70, male, weight is 95 Kgs, is it ok to have Butter Toast (Four Nos ) in breakfast with Tea without Sugar ?
Ayurveda, the traditional way of healing is known to be a crucial and effectual therapy for a lot of ailments. Since the primitive ages, mankind has been approaching Ayurveda for remedial purposes and in most instances have reaped fruitful results. Ayurveda seeks to heal diseases using natural herbs that are said to resonate well with the four elemental constituents of beings, i.e air, water, earth and fire. Ayurveda uses myriad herbs and natural ingredients in a unique proportion to impart physical as well as spiritual wellness. One of the most common and yet fairly formidable disease plaguing modern lives is diabetes, induced by imbalance in the blood sugar levels in the human body.
Ayurveda recommends the use of a few select herbs to control and alleviate the blood sugar imbalance.
- Gymnema Leaf: Indigenously called gurmar, Gymnema leaves regulate the insulin level in our body. It not only prevents absorption of sugar in the intestine, but also stimulates cell growth in the pancreas. As a consequence, the insulin levels in the body is maintained and the blood sugar problems get neutralized.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is replete with polyphenols that trigger off a healthy count of insulin secretion. Cinnamon has other beneficial properties as well. Whether consumed as tea or sprinkled on food as a flavor, Cinnamon can be instrumental in combatting blood sugar imbalance.
- Fenugreek seeds: A common find in most Indian kitchens, Fenugreek seeds are well known for their health advantages. Its pungent sweet flavor adds to the taste of many dishes. But most importantly, fenugreek seeds extensively keep the blood sugar level in control.
- Basil Leaf: Basil leaves are one of the most commonly used natural remedies for a wide range of diseases. The basil extracts are used in various food items and are extremely effective in curbing the excessive presence of blood sugar in the body. In general as well, basil leaves regulate the metabolism to a large extent.
- Coccinia Indica: This herb protects the vital organs from any damage caused due to diabetes. It stabilizes the breakdown of starch in the body.
- Azadirachta Indica: Common known as Neem, this herb is perhaps an indomitable medicine for increasing glucose tolerance. Neem is also used in allopathic medication on account of its various healing qualities.
Good afternoon doctor, , age 29yrs. My TSH level is 5.87 (normal range 0.34-5.6 mIU/L) 1year back in my 1st pregnancy I got abortion becoz of baby heart undeveloped) in 1st pregnancy I have TSH level is 7.5. Now my tsh level is 5.87. Im using 50mcg thyroid tablets. Can I plan for pregnancy while using thyroid tablets? This is right time to plan for pregnancy?
Marriage life now 2 years completed . Both of us health is Good as per test (HSG, Semen) Both tubes are clear for. My Wife. Sperm count around 60millions for me. For me motility is little bit. Lower 15 instead 17. For that I'm taking tablets . What need to do for Improve the motility / Sperm counts ? Is that Homeopathy cures infertility? What is exact date of IC after period. How to identify ovulation day.
I am a 42 year male suffering from hypothyroidism since 2 years. Now I am taking 150 microgram thyroxin. At times I feel joint pain, speech trouble and back pain. Is there a cure for it or not. What would be the diet, precaution and measures to be taken.
I'm 42 year old and suffering high blood sugar since last 10 month and now sugar level is in between 125 (fasting) and 180 (PP). I have taken glycomet 500mg (twice in day) and voglibose (twice in day) for about 6 month. Now I didn't taking any medicine from last 15days. Please advice.
My wife is having hypothyroidism. Is there any treatment that could cure her. She is taking tablet daily of thyroxine 50 mg. So please give a permanent solution.
I am having sex problem from 2 month from 3 month I have diabetes & thyroid I consult to doctor & taking tablets.
I have suffered from thyroid and I am taking thyrox-50 daily in morning. Can any other medicine which can cure it fast and I will have not take any medicine after some course.
Hi sir/ madam I am suffering diabetes since 6 month. before post 160 after post launch 245/160 please tell me how to control and food details.
Tip 1: Get more physical activity
There are many benefits to regular physical activity. Exercise can help you:
• Lose weight
• Lower your blood sugar
• Boost your sensitivity to insulin — which helps keep your blood sugar within a normal range
Research shows that both aerobic exercise and resistance training can help control diabetes, but the greater benefit comes from a fitness program that includes both.
Tip 2: Get plenty of fiber
It's rough, it's tough — and it may help you:
• Reduce your risk of diabetes by improving your blood sugar control
• Lower your risk of heart disease
• Promote weight loss by helping you feel full
Foods high in fiber include fruits, vegetables, beans, whole grains, nuts and seeds.
Tip 3: Go for whole grains
Although it's not clear why, whole grains may reduce your risk of diabetes and help maintain blood sugar levels. Try to make at least half your grains whole grains. Many foods made from whole grains come ready to eat, including various breads, pasta products and many cereals. Look for the word "whole" on the package and among the first few items in the ingredient list.
Tip 4: Lose extra weight
If you're overweight, diabetes prevention may hinge on weight loss. Every pound you lose can improve your health, and you may be surprised by how much. Participants in one large study who lost a modest amount of weight — around 7 percent of initial body weight — and exercised regularly reduced the risk of developing diabetes by almost 60 percent.
Tip 5: Skip fad diets and just make healthier choices
Low-carb diets, the glycemic index diet or other fad diets may help you lose weight at first, but their effectiveness at preventing diabetes isn't known nor are their long-term effects. And by excluding or strictly limiting a particular food group, you may be giving up essential nutrients. Instead, think variety and portion control as part of an overall healthy-eating plan.