Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Tirupur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok BalajiYour feedback matters!
Tooth sensitivity can be best described with the symptom of a sharp pain that you feel in your teeth when you sip something hot or cold. It is this contact of the drink with the sensitive tooth that causes the sharp pain. Extremely cold climate and eating something which is sweet or sour can cause the sensitive teeth to cause such a sensation, thus making it uncomfortable for you to eat anything.
The most common causes of sensitive teeth are as follows:
1. Tooth decay near the gum line can cause the teeth to be sensitive
2. Consumption of highly acidic foods and beverages
3. Using a hard tooth brush and aggressive brushing can lead to erosion of tooth enamel and cause tooth sensitivity
4. Plague buildup and gum diseases cause tooth sensitivity which may require you to consult your dentist immediately
However, there are many precautions that dentists recommend which can prevent your tooth from becoming sensitive. These are:
1. Gently brush your teeth and use a tooth brush that has soft bristles. This can prevent any damage to the enamel.
2. Apply proper technique to clean all parts of your mouth and teeth. You should also rinse your mouth properly with antiseptic mouthwash and fluoride.
3. You should eat a well-balanced diet which is low in acidic content. Soft drinks and cold drinks should be avoided as they can damage the enamel on your teeth.
4. Using desensitizing toothpaste can help reduce the pain associated with sensitivity.
Hyper sensitive tooth needs proper treatment and you should immediately consult your dentist. There are many dental procedures ranging from simple to complex ones, aimed towards controlling pain and sensitivity. Root canal and application of fluoride to the sensitive areas of your teeth can help reduce pain. Root canal is a treatment at the tooth’s soft core and is considered the most successful treatment to eliminate the pain associated with infected tooth without the need to remove it.
I have a large ulcer on my left side gum since 2 weeks, I tried so many treatments but nothing works what can I do?
My age is 33 years. I have some dental problems firstly due to plaque my gum pushed down at some places. I had done scaling many times but after some time this problem reappear. Second, in upper jaw right premolar and molar sides turn grayish. And while I eat some of the food material always got stuck in between these. Some time blood also comes while brushing. I have done scaling 10 days back and dentist also taken x-ray of my upper jaw right premolar and molar for any caries in tooth. But he told that there is no requirement of rct even filling. But still sometimes blood comes from there and I feel some cavity. Kindly suggest what should I do now ?
I am a20 year old boy having problem in my mouth, it gives bad smell sometimes, please help me out. Thank you.
Sir I am 43 rear old lady, i. Have some dental problems i. E, some type of blackish colour appear at lower teeth of mouth, so would you suggest me which type of treatment is better for this type of cases.
My wife have pain in her teeth. Dentist say teeth is damaged. Bt she wants to keep her teeth. She do not wanna remove it. Plzzzz help.
I am 40 yrs old, my gums are receding up and as a result the roots of teeth are showing and a gap is created between gums and teeth. What is it? how will it be cured?
Sir, I want to get rid of dental fluorosis. So please tell me that upto what extent I will have to spend for it normally ?
How to get rid of gums pain, daily at the time of brushing bleeding takes place from my gums? please help me.
He is having some throat problem. His saliva getting blood color. Body paining. What is the disease?
I have ulcer problem in mouth. I cannot eat my food because of this problem help to relief from this problem?
1. Chew coriander (dhaniya) seeds.
2. Gargle with decoction of triphala.
3. Chew liquorice (mulethi) root.
4. Chew cinnamomum (dalchini).
5. Eating celery, carrots, apples helps in removing plaque build ups that are responsible for mild and infrequent forms of bad breath.
6. A salt water gargle also helps to remove bacteria from throat and tonsils.