Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Tiruppur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nagarajan
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. NagarajanYour feedback matters!
Dear sir/ madam actually I have some stomach problem whenever I eat anything like food or whatever after some minutes I have to go for washroom I don't know why can you please help me.
Am suffering from tonsillitis from 15 days, doctor has given nimesulide paracetamol and azithromycin. And daily they are giving painkillers. Still I am feeling pain in my fully half face. And it's swollen like anything. Any remedies?
I am having premature ejaculation problem. Wats d normal tym person shud hv of ejaculation, is himalaya himcolin gel a good solution.
Swimmer’s ear is a condition, which is characterized by an infection in the outer ear. This infection usually stems from the water that remains in the ear after swimming, forming a moist environment that allows bacteria to grow and procreate. This condition can also develop if you happen to insert your finger or other foreign objects into the ears.
The symptoms of this disorder are usually mild in the beginning, but may worsen if left untreated. In its germinating stage, this condition exhibits symptoms such as itching in the ears and a watery discharge. If the disorder has progressed to an advanced stage, then the symptoms become slightly different. An intense pain on the particular side of the face, swelling in the ear and blockage of the ear canal are some of the common symptoms. In extreme cases, swelling of the lymph nodes and moderate to high fever can be indicative of this condition.
The causes of swimmer’s ear are bacteria that are found in soil and water. Your ears have a natural defense system against infections; glands in the ear secrete an acidic substance called ‘cerumen’ that kills the bacteria. The ear canal has a downward slope from the middle ear to the outer ear, thus allowing the water to drain out. Swimmer’s ear occurs when these defenses fail to work. This happens when there is excessive moisture in the ear canal, creating an environment for the bacteria to grow. In addition, certain factors such as swimming in dirty water, a narrow ear canal and excessive cleaning of the ear canal can lead to this condition.
The aim of the treatment is to prevent the infection from progressing and allow the ear to heal. The first step is to clean the ear canal so that the eardrops can reach the affected area. Once the ear is cleaned, eardrops are administered to get rid of the bacteria. The various medications that are used in the treatment of swimmer’s ear are:
1. Antibiotics: They are used to combat the bacteria that cause the infection.
2. Acidic solutions: It is used to restore the normal environment in the ear.
3. Steroids: These help in reducing the inflammation.
You may also be prescribed pain medications to treat the pain resulting from this condition. Try to avoid swimming till the condition heals completely. Make sure you aren’t inserting any foreign object in the ears as that may aggravate the situation further. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ent-specialist.
With the fast changing scenario and advancement of research, the definition of ailments are also becoming precise. Earlier, one term 'Impotency' was used in wider sense to define all sexology related problems, such as erectile dysfunction, low libido, low sperm count, infertility, and the inability to produce a child in both males and females. However today, with the advancement of research each problem has its own definition. Impotency is the condition where you suffer from a sexual dysfunction. It can cause stress and might undermine your confidence when you and your partner have a sexual encounter. It might also cause uneasiness between the two of you or embarrassment for having a dysfunction. In men, impotency is mostly in the form of erectile dysfunction whereas in women it is the inability to get pregnant. It may be due to a physical condition or an emotional trauma that you might be facing. Here are the two broad divisions of the causes of impotency:
1. Psychological causes: Depression, anxiety or stress might be the major psychological causes for impotency. Also various mental disorders might take a toll on potency and your sexual libido. A sexual dysfunction might just start very suddenly after suffering from any psychological trauma. A very common psychological problem which men face at least once in their lifetime is a condition called performance anxiety. You become extremely conscious about whether you will be able perform well as the society expects men to take an upper hand while having sex. This burdens you and you get anxious about your performance in bed, causing you to suffer from a dysfunction. In cases of a marital dispute or lack of communication with your partner might also be a reason of an occasional dysfunction.
2. Physical causes in women: The physical causes may or may not be curable naturally. Sometimes surgeries are required to cure these causes. Some medicines have certain side effects which can cause a dysfunction to form. Often times not enough blood flows to the reproductive organs which results in impotency. Certain nervous and hormonal disorders also affect your potency. Disorders like Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, blocked fallopian tubes, hormonal imbalances causing irregular periods, or improper egg implantation can cause impotency. In these cases it is extremely difficult for the women to become pregnant, i.e., you will not be able to conceive.
3. Physical causes in men: Having a low sperm count is the most common factor which results in impotency. Hormonal disorder like hypogonadism which results in a low sperm count is also a contributing factor. If you have a blockage in the testicles, it will again affect the sperm count negatively. Improper ejaculation is another common cause of impotency.
Although impotency may be extremely disheartening, you can be treated for it and have your own family eventually.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!