Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Tiruppur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. NagarajanYour feedback matters!
Glucose is the primary ingredient within the body, which is turned into an energy source. This is what we use when we move, walk or make the slightest movements. To metabolize glucose into energy, our body needs insulin, which is a hormone produced within the pancreas. However, if the body doesn't react to the insulin or the pancreas is unable to produce enough, glucose cannot be converted into energy and thus results in type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes:
- Sudden or gradual weight loss despite increased hunger - Many people complain that they feel hungry and eat more, but despite this the tend to lose weight. This occurs as the body cannot metabolize glucose and uses energy reserves from fat or muscles leading to weight loss.
- Frequent infections and slow healing - If you are afflicted with type 2 diabetes, then it might affect your immune system and you may be prone to infections. Also, any cuts or bruises on your body will take much longer to heal than normal.
- Irritability and fatigue - Another common symptom of type 2 diabetes along with the other symptoms mentioned here is quick irritability and fatigue. This is because most of the body is deprived of sugar and thus lacks the energy needed to function normally.
- Constant thirst and increased urination - If you feel constantly thirsty despite drinking ample water and urinating frequently, this may be a tell tale sign of type 2 diabetes.
- Skin darkening in folds and creases of the body - Also known as acanthosis nigricans; this is known darkening of the skin where it also becomes velvety to the touch. It usually develops in the folds of skin in areas, such as the neck and armpits and is a direct result of insulin resistance.
Causes of type 2 diabetes:
Some of the most common causes of type 2 diabetes could be:
- Being overweight
- Lack of physical activity
- Genetic predisposition or family history
- If you are more than 45 years of age
- Hormonal problems such as Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Treatment or management of type 2 diabetes:
In most cases, major lifestyle changes can easily keep the symptoms of type 2 diabetes in check although, in certain cases medications may also be required. Some of the steps necessary are as follows:
- Change in diet and healthy eating
- Physical activity and exercising
- Regular blood sugar monitoring and
- Blood sugar medication along with insulin therapy, if necessary
My 16 years old son is having allergy during early mornings and later in the evening have repetitive sneezing, is having headache regularly and some time nose bleeds from left nostril he gets easily fatigued and he complains of ankle pain. A lot of antibiotics have been given but only temporary relief docs prescribed dns and advise for surgery what should I do for his health. Is there no conservative method of treatment except surgery?
1. Problems When You Pee
Many men have some problems peeing as they get older, like:
A need to pee more often, especially at night
Dribbling, leaking, or an urgent need to go
Trouble starting to pee, or a weak stream
An enlarged prostate gland usually causes these symptoms, but so can prostate cancer. See your doctor to check on the cause of the problem. He?ll give you an exam to look for an enlarged prostate, and he may talk to you about a blood test (called a PSA test) for prostate cancer.
2. Changes in Your Testicles
"If you notice a lump, heaviness, or any other change in your testicle, never delay having it looked at.
"Unlike prostate cancer, which grows slowly, testicular cancer can take off overnight" Your doctor will look for any problems with a physical exam, blood tests, and an ultrasound of your scrotum.
3. Blood in Your Pee or Stool
These can be among the first signs of cancer of the bladder, kidneys, or colon. It's a good idea to see your doctor for any bleeding that?s not normal, even if you don't have other symptoms,
Although you're more likely to have a problem that's not cancer, like haemorrhoids or a urinary infection, it's important to find and treat the cause.
4) Breast Changes
"Men tend to ignore breast lumps because breast cancer isn't on their radar"
"But 1% of all breast cancers occur in men, although they're usually diagnosed much later" Don?t take any chances. If you find a lump, tell your doctor and have it checked.