Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Tirupati and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. S HemalathaYour feedback matters!
My eyes will turn red oftenly, and feel like rubbing. I think when I see more mobile phone or laptop it happens like that. But when I consulted a opthalmology doctor they told it was due to infection. Please suggest your opinion and remedy for this.
I am 22 years old. And I am suffer for my health. Last for 2 month I am suffering from gastric problem but I eat every day many time. Now from 2 mouth I became thin and thinner. I can not feel my health well or health progress. What can I do now. Please contact me.
I m 20yr old my left is lazy is there is any cure of lazy eye so that I can get proper vision any surgery treatment doctor.
Actually I continuous have headache. As I USD to teach. Continue. ANd regularly I have to take saridon for this. Can you pls say me is ther any effect of it in my body? Coz I have consulted an ophthalmologist for my eye but its all ok. Then I also I have headache. please tell me how to overcome this. Nd is there any side effect of saridon?
I am a 47 year old woman and physically very active. However, I have recently developed eye pockets and want to know whether they can be removed?
While red bloodshot eyes may look worrisome at first sight, it is not a cause of concern all the time. There are benign, short-lasting bouts that will disappear on their own to serious medical reasons that could require intervention.
Listed below are some common causes and ways to manage red eyes.
- Conjunctivitis: The most common cause of red or pink eye is a conjunctivitis infection of the membrane covering the sclera. The blood vessels are irritated and give the eye a red hue. This is contagious and very common in children, needs to be treated with antibiotic drops based on the cause.
- Allergy: Be it pollen, dust, dander, or some other chemicals, eyes could be sensitive to it and get inflamed and take on a red color. This can be treated with a combination of prevention by avoiding exposure to the allergen (which causes the allergy) and some antihistamine drops if required.
- Contact lenses: Extended or improper use of contact lenses is the main reason for red eyes in contact lens users. There is reduced lubrication, increased accumulation of dust and microbes if the lens is not removed at frequent intervals. Removal of the lens and visits to the doctor are important things for managing it.
- Computer Vision Syndrome: With people spending a large amount of time staring at computer screens, tablets and phone screens, the dryness in the eyes increase, thereby, leading to red eyes. The reduced blinking when working on computers also affects the condition. It is therefore very important to take conscious breaks to stare away from the monitors and use special glasses if required. In some cases, eye drops may also be required.
- Occupational Hazard: For people working outdoors, conditions such as dust, heat, smoke, and dry air increase the chances of red eyes. Reducing exposure as much as possible and use of protective eyewear is extremely essential.
- Dry Eye Syndrome: The tear glands are a constant source of lubrication for the eyes and also cleanse the eyes from the minute dust particles and other irritants. For various reasons, the tears produced may not be sufficient and can lead to red eyes. Artificial tear substitute could be used for managing this.
Some benign reasons like swimming, smoking, lack of sleep, pregnancy, common cold also produce bloodshot eyes. On the other hand, corneal ulcer, uveitis, ocular herpes, glaucoma, and other medical conditions could also lead to red eyes.
If it persists for more than 2 days, is painful, and is associated with discharge or sensitivity to light, it is important to seek medical help, especially if associated with injury or trauma.
Related Tip: "Natural Remedies For Better Eyesight"
Little bump on my right eye lower eyelid. It dosent pain otherwise but When I blink or look at light it does. What are home remedies to soothe it.
Last few I am faced my eyes problem. Very difficult to see far away thing. Please help me sir. And tear come down from my face when I frocely study something.
I m having red eye problem. Whenever I wear lenses my eye become reddish and it pains a lots. I won't be able to see in deep light. As it pains a lot. please suggest me any solution for my problem.
A blood vessel has been developed in my eyes due to uncontrolled diabetes .which type of diet do you suggest to put control on sugar and also beneficial for stop developing blood vessels in my eye.
I am 19 years old and my eyes have numbers as R TO L RESPECTIVE 3 AND 3.5 what should I do in order to reduce it please help me out with this as I don't like spectacles. Help sir.
I checked my eyes again in VASAN Eye care. Dr. Told for spectacle of the vision +.025 all time. Is it possible to get rid off spectacles. My age is 30 years. I work on PC for 2-3 Hours & Paper Work for 2-3 hours daily.
Know health tips about retinitis pigmentosa
Decreased night vision and loss of peripheral vision is known as retinitis pigmentosa (RP. Colour vision is intact until late.)
Types of rp:-
* autosomal recessive: sever diminished vision, night blindness occurs early in life. Most common.
* autosomal dominant:-least severe diminished night blindness.
* x-linked recessive:-rarest and most severe visual loss.
Vitamine -a (betacarotine)
Dha (docosahexaoenoic acid)
Calcium channel blocker
Vit e and c
Omega 3 fatty acid, antioxidants
Growth factor transplantation
Retinal prosthesis (phototransducing chip implant on epiretinal and subretinal region with digital camera on glass to improve vision)
Gene therapy:-research is under