Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Tirupati. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep Kumar Reddy BYour feedback matters!
I am 28 year old male. I used to wear specs -2 for both eyes for 5 years. I had operation 2 years back and my eyes is good now. But under eye swelling and marks still there. It looks bad. However I still use anti-glare specs for computer work in office. How to remove this swelling?
I am suffering with fatty liver from quite some time and I have developed upper abdominal pain n burning from last one months lft test done and all reads fine pls advice.
Age-related macular degeneration, also known in brief as AMD or ARMD is one of the most common age-related causes for vision loss. It causes “blind spots” in vision, causing difficulty in activities requiring central vision like reading, sewing, driving, watching TV, computer usage, etc.
How it happens?
The centre portion of the eye is known as retina which has a screen in the posterior portion. For proper vision, light falls on this screen and is then processed to enable ‘vision.’ When this screen is not clear, blurred vision results. It may not cause total blindness but impairs vision including double vision and loss of central vision.
Types: There are two types of AMD, wet and dry.
- Dry: There are yellow deposits known as drusen which form in the macula, and as they grow in size, they impair vision, specifically the central vision. This is the common variant and can lead to the wet form.
- Wet: There are abnormal blood vessels which are formed in the retina. There is leaking of blood and fluid which makes it ‘wet.’ There could be scarring of these leaked substances, which again leads to loss of central vision. Further studies have shown that retina produces a protein knows as vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) which promotes the generation of new blood vessels, normally required for the production of new blood vessels. However, increased VEGF causes excessive proliferation of blood vessels, leading to macular degeneration.
Risk factors: Though age related, there are definitely some factors which put one at a higher risk for AMD
- Genetics: AMD is hereditary and runs in families
- Gender: Females are more prone to develop AMD than males
- Ageing: People above 60 are at greater risk
- Smoking: Direct and passive smoking contribute to AMD.
- Obesity: Accelerates the pace of AMD and severity of complications.
- Hypertension: Increases the chances of developing AMD
- Ethnicity: Caucasians are more prone to develop AMD as their lighter skin and eye color is more prone to sun damage
- Sun exposure: Increased sun exposure accelerates the onset of AMD
- No symptoms in the initial stages
- Gradually, there is impaired central vision, affecting activities like reading, driving, and computer usage
- Color perception is impaired
- A routine eye exam will reveal the yellow deposits which actually cause the condition.
- An angiography may be done after injecting a dye to detect blood vessel growth.
There is no cure, but progress can be delayed
I have so much problem in my eyes Although I have my eye glasses but I not able to work on phone or lapi for mor than an hour.
Dear sir, I always feel like my both the eyes are always wet. After getting up in the morning I find water at the corner of my eyes.
Hello I have problem with my eyes, it get filled with tears anytime which make so uncomfortable yo talk to anyone of my coworker or girls. I have done treatment by doctor appointment and I uses 0 power glasses too. But now I don't use glasses cause it's 6/6. Currently I am using regress tears 2 times a day as recommend by doctor, but tears are not going away. What should I do?
I have a saviour headache and eye pains when I rotating my eyes that pain is very paining to my eyes when I rotate my eyes so what I do? This starts from 3 days back.
Your eyes are one of the most significant of all the sense organs since it allows you to see things around you. It is essential to take good care of your eyes. But, many lack an awareness on ocular care. Read on to know a few lifestyle habits that will help in maintaining a good ocular hygiene thus ensuring normal vision.
Ensure your ocular hygiene with these healthy lifestyle habits
- Balanced diet: Eating right and maintaining a healthy diet does not just go for your overall health but your eye health as well. While carrots are good for your health, eating fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables offer the minerals and nutrients necessary for maintaining healthy eyesight. Dark leafy vegetables such as spinach or kale are especially good for eye health. Moreover, eating fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids such as tuna or salmon is very beneficial for maintaining proper eyesight.
- Right body weight: Body weight is indirectly related to eye health. An individual must maintain proper body weight since being overweight leads to health problems like diabetes and blood pressure. A person with diabetes is at risk of deteriorating eye sight caused by diabetic eye disease or glaucoma. If you have problems with weight maintenance, consult a health expert and seek professional guidance.
- Ocular hygiene: Maintaining ocular hygiene has become very important these days. Due to the level of pollution and germs around us, certain preventive measures need to be taken to prevent eye infections. People who play sports or perform other physical activities should wear protective eyewear. Wear safety goggles while swimming and make sure you wear polycarbonate eye gear if you play sports such as squash. These lenses are 10 times stronger than usual plastic and are available in protective eyewear stores as well as sporting goods stores.
- Quit smoking: Never take up smoking and if you already have then you better quit it as soon as possible. Just like for the rest of your body, smoking is very harmful to your eyesight as well. Research has proven that smoking causes severe macular degeneration, cataract and optic nerve damage in aging people. Over time, this can lead to permanent blindness.
- Protect your eyes: Sunglasses are not just meant for style, they also protect your eyes from harmful UV rays. While purchasing sunglasses, make sure the ones you purchase block out 99-100% UV-A and UV-B rays. Moreover, it is vital to give your eyes rest. If you work on the computer or watch TV, it is advised to look away from the screen for around 20 seconds in every 20 minute time interval. It is vital to get sufficient sleep as well.
Most of these tips may sound simple, but they are highly effective and can help avoid eye problems completely. And don’t forget to get your routine eye check-up done as well. All that is required is to incorporate these basic lifestyle changes to protect the amazing part of your body, your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
I am 38 years old. No BP & sugar. I got twice retina blood clot which went away on its own. Reasons for this told by retina specialists is putting pressure on passing stools since I have unique and not easily treatable constipation prob dessenergic defecation. Please help me out.
I am 17 years male I am suffering from eyes pain having eye sight of 4.5 how can I decrease my eye sight.
I have red eyes, felt week and felt pain in whole body and have little more fever. Is this viral fever?
Sir. I have a eye sight. Both eyes are -5.5. So going to be a laser treatment. But we are poor family. We don't have a sufficient amount for treatment. Please could you tell me free or low amount treatment facility hospitals.
Meibomianitis is a disease that occurs when the lubrication glands of the eyes called Meibomian glands malfunction. The function of these glands is to produce oil that keeps our eyes lubricated and moisturised. Due to some reasons that we shall be looking at later, these small glands flip their switch and start producing excessive oil or just get inflamed causing Meibomianitis.
Bacteria also collect and prosper on the eyelids in the extra oil adding to the malaise.
So, how do you confirm that you have Meibomianitis?
Look out for these symptoms:
swelling and redness of eyelids
burning sensation in eyes
flaking skin around eyes
frequent styes or bumps along the eyelids typically caused due to excess oil secretion and inflamed Meibomian gland
loss of eyelashes
Like with all diseases, the severity of symptoms varies from patient to patient. A few may experience only mild symptoms, while others have to grapple with severe irritation and burning.
We suggest that you don’t wait for your symptoms to become extreme before you visit your doctor.
Root Causes of Meibomianitis:
We already know that Meibomianitis occurs when the meibomian glands in the eyelids don’t function properly.
But why does this happen?
The answer is that Meibomianitis is caused by any condition that increases oil production in oil glands. Like:
hormonal changes, especially during adolescence
skin conditions, such as acne and rosacea
acne medications which actually encourage the growth of bacteria on the eyelids
A few contact lens solutions
Infected eye makeup
Meibomianitis, however, is not contagious.
Diagnosis and Cure:
When you go to a doctor with symptoms of meibomianitis, he will examine your eyes, focusing on eyelids and the front surface of your eyeball. By doing this, he will be able to identify whether you have blocked meibomian glands.
Next, he will use a swab to collect a sample of the crust or oil from your eyes and send this sample to a lab to be tested for bacteria.
If the test is positive, your doctor will recommend a thorough cleaning of your eyelids with warm water. He may also prescribe antibiotics or steroids to treat your eye condition in form of eye drops or creams applied directly to your eyelids, or in pill form.
Apart from this, you may have to forego wearing of contact lenses and treatment for your acne and rosacea. We also recommend that you go make-up free as this causes a buildup of bacteria and always maintain proper eye hygiene so that your oil glands remain infection- free always.