Find numerous Acupuncturists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Acupuncturists online in Tirunelveli. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sethu Subramanian K
Submit a review for Dr. Sethu Subramanian KYour feedback matters!
Everyday I take food and meals in time, I eat banana and milk regularly but my weight is not growing. Please suggest me what I have to do to gain weight?
How can a improve my figure without any harmful effect? Actually I am very thin due to some heath issue.
For last 3 months I have been going to Gym. But there us no change in my weight. My age is 23, my height is 173 cm and weight 60. How can I gain little more weight or is this sufficient.
I am a non vegetarian, I am 18 years old and underweight. Recently I joined a gym I want to know about the diet I need to take before and after the gym and also to be of normal weight.
Yesterday I was playing in my home ground. fall down in the ground And I hurt in my left leg please give some solution for that.
When you have egg for weight loss Break Fast, is it OK to skip yellow yolk to do away with cholesterol? Egg whites, would it then be sufficient for a grain free White Egg Break-fast?
I'm a diabetic person of age 20. I wish to gain weight while i'm just 58 kg now and 6 ft tall. Taking 5 egg whites per day and working out for 1.5 hrs but no result. Please suggest me if there is anything else to do.
The coconut plant is an extremely versatile plant. No part of it goes waste. The whole fruit is used from its succulent flesh to its water everything is utilized. Coconut is in fact filled with various nutrients. It has many health benefits. The coconut is now seen as a superfood.
The reasons behind so many health benefits of coconut have been laid down here:
- Consuming any coconut product leads to a positive effect on weight management. It speeds up metabolism and provides instant energy. Unlike other energy sources, coconut has fewer calories than other fats. In fact, it is most likely to burn up than being stored in the body as fat.
- Coconut has good fats. It contains medium chain fatty acids. Long chain fatty acids are responsible for high cholesterol. But medium chain fatty acids are not. Instead, they help to lower the chances of atherosclerosis and other heart diseases. Also among the coconut's several different properties, it contains lauric acid. Lauric acid is found in human breast milk.
- Carbohydrates are of two types, digestible (soluble) and non-digestible (insoluble). Soluble carbohydrates do not leave the body and get stored as fats. Insoluble carbohydrates do the opposite. Coconuts contain insoluble carbohydrates. As the body cannot digest the fibre, it cannot retain any calories and does not affect blood sugar levels.
- Since coconuts contain insoluble fibres, they do not raise glucose levels. Coconuts, thus have low glycaemic index.
- Sweet cravings are lessened and insulin secretion is improved. Blood sugar has better utilization. Coconut lowers any growth in blood sugar, thus reducing cravings.
- Coconut oil is beneficial to fight tooth decay. It fights the bacteria and the mouth bugs that give rise to dental caries.
- Brain disorders like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's and strokes can be prevented.
- It has no trans-fat
- It is gluten free. Also, the flour made from dried, powdered coconut flesh can even be used in baking!
- It is hypoallergenic
- Boosts immune system
- Coconut contains fatty acids that have antimicrobial properties. They kill bacteria, yeasts, fungi and viruses that cause diseases.
- Protects body from free radicals that lead to premature aging
- It is also good for your hair and skin