Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Tirunelveli and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. John SinghYour feedback matters!
I am kavitha I have 1 year 3 month boy baby. Still he didn't walking. What type of food want to give. Every evening I can give biscuits with milk is it good for health. I can give cerelac, farex like that type of food r not. Suggest some healthy food for my baby.
My baby is 1 and half month old. I think he has gas problem because he make sound of poti but not do it. I want to know if any chances do I my feed so that he will be fine.
My son is 3.5 years old. He is very soft but adamant. .One day his father scolded him very loudly for his adamant .he cried in his bedroom for more than fifteen minutes. He didn't allow me to control. What happen is after that incident. .he is very frustrated for even simple issues. .he is saying cryingvis coming and I am controlling. Then he is becoming too much angry hitting himself with his hands. He is normal all the time. .he is fearing to speak to us in a normal way that is not free like before. How to console him. We told him many times we don't beat you and scold u.but still he is not sharing anything if someone beat him or scolded him. He feel so worry but he himself don't know the reason..
My son 6 years old still not able to speak clearly, also he us not behavior like 6 years old child. Pls help.
Hi, M asking about my small baby boy he is 7 month old. He is crying too much as compare to daily .since last 1 week. Before that he was normal play and laughing but since last week he cry too much and not playing as before. He doing watery potty also. What was been happened. please suggest me any thing. Few old ppls told me teeth are coming in this age so he is crying. Can you please tell me is it right what should I do. I just giving him pinco gripe water. Nothing else and breastfeeding, biscuits little more.
Breast milk provides essential nutrients for infants and is a mix of nutrients, which include vitamins, proteins and fat that are necessary for a baby's growth. Apart from benefitting babies, breastfeeding benefits mothers too.
Here are 4 benefits of breastfeeding:
1) Provides nutrients and protection to the baby - The best food a mother can give to her baby is her breast milk. It helps your baby to grow and develop. Breast milk is custom-made by all mothers for their own babies and, thus, contains a perfect mix of essential nutrients. Breast milk contains a mixture of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins and minerals, which are very important for the proper growth and development of the baby. It also contains many antibodies that reduce the chance of diseases and allergies. In fact, the milk's content changes as your baby grows to keep up with the infant's needs.
2) Convenience - The milk from breasts is always safe and fresh, and is precisely of the right temperature, which what makes it a convenient food for the baby. What's more, it doesn't require heating, boiling or sterilizing as such; and can be fed to the baby anywhere, anytime.
3) Benefits mothers - According to a research, breastfeeding, to an extent, provides protection against breast and ovarian cancer. It also serves as a measure of protection against weak bones in the later part of life. Calories are required in order to produce milk. So, breastfeeding helps to gradually lose weight after pregnancy as well. Moreover, breast feeding also defers the return of menstruation for a little while.
4) Continues the special relationship between mother and child - The bond between a mother and a child strengthens due to the intimacy and the closeness involved in breastfeeding. One of the remarkable facts about this is the more a baby breastfeeds, the more milk the mother produces.
Related Tip: Why is breastfeeding so good for your baby and you?
My son was born earlier before 48 days, now 5th month is going to be finished. Which food to start solids? Kindly advise. His head is not stand properly also not sit. I felt he is not take solid this time. My milk is not enough for him.
Stomach aches or abdominal pains are one of the most frequently reported health complaints faced by children. Children below the age of twelve are known to suffer from recurrent stomach pain. While pains such as these lead to momentary discomfiture, they also lay the path for graver worries if neglected for too long. Your child may feel sick and bunk school for two days; rest and home care can restore his or her health, but that in no way, is the best suited way of dealing with the situation. If tummy aches resurface over a certain period of time, parents should be cautious enough to look for the root cause and should try to eliminate it accordingly.
Widely noticed causes of stomach aches in children:
- Unhygienic food can affect the child’s digestive system.
- Intolerance to a certain food item should not be overlooked.
- Perpetual anxiety can make the tummy twist and turn.
- Urinary Tract Infections can also lead to acute abdominal pain.
- Serious factors such as gallstones or appendicitis could also be present. Immediate expert consultation is advised in such a case.
- Caffeine and packaged soft drinks can be harmful.
- Butter, ghee and other greasy products can trigger tummy aches.
Ways to treat tummy aches in children:
- Keep children away from gas producing food items: Food that is hard to digest should be avoided. Lentil soup or dal should only be consumed in limited amounts to prevent the formation of gas. Don’t let your child have too many nuts regularly.
- Keep them hydrated: Fluid intake should be monitored. A child should drink at least six to seven glasses of water per day. Fruit juices or soups can also be given to them alongside main meals. This helps digestion.
- Do not stack up food in one go: Eating a lot in one meal is a bad way of satisfying hunger. Have smaller meals in more numbers. Six to eight meals will keep your child full and will also eliminate chances of acid reflux which happens either due to an empty stomach or too much piling up of greasy food.
- Timely check - up with the doctor: If tummy aches refuse to go away, take your child to a doctor for a thorough check- up. Administer medicines as prescribed by the physician.
I have twine premature baby girls. On their born their weight are of 1.2 kg and 1.5 kg. They become 1.5 years now and their weight is 9.6 kg and 11 kg How can I increase their weight.? They often catch cough and cold.
Hi, . I have a kid aged 8 months. She is not accepting any food other than her mother feed. Could any one suggest me how can I solve this ?
I have given my daughter carrots in her food (lunch & dinner). But the next day I found undigested particles of carrot in her stool. She is absolutely fine. The quality of the stool was also good. I am afraid that is it indigestion? She has recently suffered from UTI and lost 2 kgs. She also suffers from constipation. Her age is 2 years 3 months.
My daughter about 2y 6months takes syp. Cyproheptadine HCL and Tricholine citrate about 50ml at 1p. M. Now she is fit and active. What should I do next. Please tell me.
Hi, my baby is 2 month 23 days old. His birth wt. Was 2.6 kg and currently he is 5 kgs. I have following queries 1. My kid has recently started eating his hand and sucking his thumb. Is it normal? Shall I stop him from doing so? 2.he is normally breast fed. But sometimes I need to go out. What formula can I give him and in how much quantity? 3. He feeds after 3 or 4 hours is it normal? Sometimes he sleeps for 6 hours at night. Alsohe does not burps during night feedings? Is it fine?
12 years old girl Suffering from allergic cough since birth. Cough will be throughout the year. She is avoiding fridge items and all. Still she is getting. Please suggest.
Importance of replacing missing teeth
1) to prevent loss of bone
2) to prevent shifting of the front n back teeth in the available gap
3) to prevent the upper teeth from shifting down.
4) to prevent irreversible damage to the jaw joint.