Lybrate.com has top trusted Geriatricians from across India. You will find Geriatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Geriatricians online in Thrissur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Fazil AbubakarYour feedback matters!
I have cough and cold problem from 9 days. I use cofdex cough syrup but not stop my coughing. Please help me for cough and cold problem solve in home or what medicine use.
Mujhe 45 din se sardi khaansi nahi Jaa rahi hai. 2 doctors se consult kar chuka Hun. 4 cough syrup khatam kar chuka Hun. Blood test bhi Kiya tha. Cough syrup: Blue cough, vomarade, Respira D ,alex Kuchh home made solutions jaise haldi waala doodh, kismis, etc b Kiya Hun.
I am feeling cold during summers and having cold and cough. I am 46 years old boy. My sugar has increased and is coming 145. please tell me some medicines and treatments. Please help me. I am also having much body ache .
Balance disorder is more prevalent in old people, but they are not the only ones who are affected by it. There are many causes that can lead to Balance disorder and some of them can be controlled. Balance problem causes spinning of head coupled with dizziness while standing or sitting, which can lead to an injurious fall.
The common symptoms of Balance disorder include:
- Depression, anxiety or fear
- Blurred vision
- Inability to concentrate
- Changes in heart rate and blood pressure
- Ear infection: If the vestibular system (which is also called the labyrinth) inside your ear gets infected and inflamed, it can cause Balance disorder. This is because the inner part of the ear is responsible for coordination and balance. This condition is known as labyrinthitis and it is frequently accompanied by dizziness and vertigo. Viral and respiratory infections can also cause labyrinthitis.
- Poor circulation: Certain diseases associated with the circulatory system, such as stroke can cause dizziness and various other Balance problems.
- Medications: There are certain medications that can lead to Balance disorder, such as medications to normalize blood pressure can cause dizziness. Ototoxic drugs are infamous for causing ear problems that lead to imbalance. Sometimes its ill effects are felt only during the period of using, but many people have suffered permanent ear damage.
Other causes of Balance disorder include head injury, imbalance of chemicals in the brain, arthritis, neurological conditions and aging.
- Balanced diet: Meniere's disease is a condition that causes ear problems, which lead to vertigo. It is primarily connected to the change in the volume of fluid in the inner ear. Try to eliminate salt from your diet and abstain from alcohol in order to prevent such a condition.
- Prevention of ear infections: Otitis media is a common kind of ear infection seen in children, but adults can have it too. It causes dizziness and nausea. Completing the antibiotics course helps prevent this infection.
One can also opt for an annual flu shot to keep away the flu related infections in the ear.
Related Tip: "What Causes Balance Disorder? Is Migraine A Cause?"