Lybrate.com has top trusted Geriatricians from across India. You will find Geriatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Geriatricians online in Thrissur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
— at Lung Care Clinic.
I have cough and cold problems about 30 days, I have always run water from my nose, please suggest me and solve my problem, and tell me how medicine use?
I am having cold and cough and headache with knee pain and at times I feel dizzy can you suggest me anything?
Although cold and flu are very common issue it is usually not a very serious condition. However when it affects your child, it is essential to take good care since a child’s immune system is not fully developed. Children tend to get flu very easily and if immediate care is not taken it has the potential to develop into serious conditions. Running nose, headache, nausea, body aches, fever, feeling cold, coughing etc. are some symptoms of common flu.
When to call the doctor?
Flu sometimes comes and goes away all by itself. However, when it is about younger ones, take professional advice if you see the following symptoms
- Difficulty in breathing
- Extreme loss of appetite
- Difficulty in breathing
- Continuous coughing
- Get a rattling sound while breathing
- Sudden loss of energy, dullness
- High temperatures even after intake of appropriate medicine
How to quickly rid your child of Flu
Apart from the prescribed medication here are few points you must always take care of, when affected by flu-
1. Good Rest - Complete rest till symptoms vanish
2. Nasal Drops - Use nasal drops to support easy breathing
3. Warm Water - Warm fluids, honey-lemon potion, cough syrup for chest congestion
4. Administer Paracetamol - Fever medicines that are available specially for infants
5. Increase fluids - Abundant intake of fluids in the form of soups, fruit juices or electrolytes in water.
6. Body Sponging - Warm water sponge bath for relieving muscle or body fatigue
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I am 30 year old female, last 1 month continue cold & cough its there, treatment taken but no use, what treatment can I take, give medicines please.
Sir my father is 66 years old. For last 3 days, he is reeling under severe fever ranging between 102- 104 F temp. He is being administered Dolo 650 tab almost after every 5-6 hours. After giving tab within 2 hrs. His temp becomes normal. He is feeling very weak, not at all interested in having food, feeling very cold when fevers creeps up, body ache. He has no cold. Once or twice he had vomiting after having food. He also took gudcef 200mg for 3 days but now has been discontinued. Kindly suggest what to do.
What is the symptoms of flu? And second I have little white pimple since childhood in my face and sometimes my hand? Pls give me some suggestion?
I have a problem of tonsil. Whatever I eat or drink cold things, then I start sneezing and cough on my throat. What would I do to treat these things?
I am suffering from cold and cough. I haven't sleep properly for 2 day. I have take remedies at home.
My son aged 13 is Frequently catching cold, headaches for cold, throat infection and finally asthma symptoms .every time I forced to go for antibiotics. Pls tell me d remedy. Tq.
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.