Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Thrissur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. David Pudukadan
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. David PudukadanYour feedback matters!
Doctor for pimples can I use limicee 500 mg tablets. I have big big pimples. I'm using deriva bpo but it's not working. please help.
Dear Dr, I have lots of small small lipoma in my body. Can you suggest any home treatment and home medicines.
300 Calories is the average calorific value of our daily sugar intake. It's no wonder then that dietician and weight loss (Learn more about weight loss) gurus across the world will advise you to quit added sugar as the first step of a weight loss program. Added sugar refers to processed sugar in the form of cubes, sugar crystals or powdered sugar and does not include natural sugars found in fruits, vegetables etc. Apart from cakes and sweets, we eat added sugar in a number of ways including a number of packaged foods like sauce and salad dressings.
If you consume a lot of sugar on a daily basis, quitting added sugar could leave you with withdrawal symptoms. Quitting added sugar is not easy, but here are a few reasons it is well worth the effort.
- You'll have fewer pimples: Sugar has inflammatory properties. This can trigger systemic inflammation leading to the acne. Thus quitting sugar can instantly reduce the number of pimples on your face and give you clearer skin (Learn more about Healthy Skin).
- It improves the health of your heart: Added sugar can raise insulin levels. This activates the sympathetic nervous system and increases blood pressure and heart rate. Stopping your consumption of added sugar can lower cholesterol levels and decrease the amount of triglycerides in the body. This lowers blood pressure and boosts cardiovascular health. (Know more about blood sugar level)
- A friendly weight scale: Replacing toffees with dry fruits will considerably reduce your calorific intake. Similarly switching packaged salad dressing for fresh homemade dressing can also make your salad healthier. Given that we eat added sugar in so many forms, making a conscious decision to quit added sugar can have a big impact on your daily calorie intake. Studies show that this simple step can lead to a weight loss of up to 10 pounds in six months.
- It'll make remembering names easier: Added sugar can hinder learning and memory. Over time, it can also damage communication between brain cells. Quitting sugar can boost both your short term as well as long term memory. You will also find it easier to focus on will be able to be attentive to something for longer periods of time.
- A good night's sleep: You don't just need 8 hours of sleep a day; you need 8 hours of restful sleep at the right time. Sugar makes blood sugar fluctuate and the crash that follows a sugar high can make you feel sluggish around mid-day. Many people find that if they have an afternoon nap, it becomes more difficult for them to fall asleep at night. Sugar also releases cortisol that interferes with sleep. Thus quitting added sugar can keep you alert through the day and help you fall asleep easier at the end of the day.
The allure to look young is always compelling and the recent advancements in medical technology have resulted in many procedures, which can help you knock off years. In fact skin care related to anti aging is one of the largest and fastest growing industries within the medical realm. Let's take a look at some of the procedures which are very effective in anti-aging skin treatment:
1. Specialized Chemical Peels: In this procedure a doctor will put specially formulated acids on the area of your skin, which needs to be treated. This results in the abrasion or slight burning of the skin after, which new skin cells grow in its place, hence removing age related spots, wrinkles as well as freckles.
2. Injection of Botulinum Toxin Type A or Botox: This is possibly one of the most famous and well known anti aging treatments all over the world. This treatment involves injecting Botox into strategic areas of the face to reduce wrinkles and creases that may occur due to aging. This treatment is especially effective for frown lines on the forehead and close to eye corners.
3. Laser Resurfacing and or other Radio Frequency Treatments: These machine related treatments also use the principle of abrasion or wounding the skin to encourage the growth of new tissue. In laser resurfacing, a laser beam destroys the epidermis or the outer layer of the skin and heats up the dermis or the lower layer of the skin. As the wounded skin tissue heals, new tissue takes it place which is tighter, thus giving you a younger look.
4. Facelift surgery: It is a cosmetic surgical procedure, which takes quite some time to heal but is known to have long term results. In this procedure, excess skin and fat from your face and neck are removed surgically and after the bruising and the scarring have subsided, the new skin is much tighter thus making you look much younger.
5. Microdermabrasion and Dermabrasion: These procedures employ the abrasion tactic to the fullest to destroy old tissue and encourage the growth of new tissue. Dermabrasion uses the technique of sanding the skin with a rotating brush where new skin needs to grow. Microdermabrasion is a more subtle technique as it uses finer equipment to sand away only the top layer of skin and the side effects of redness, swelling and scabbing tend to be lesser compared to conventional Dermabrasion.
6. Other Soft Skin Tissues Filler Injections: There are many other forms of soft skin tissue fillers other than Botox, which can be directly injected into the required area. Some of these are fats, gels and collagen which can be directly injected into wrinkles. These fillers work by swelling and plumping up the area around the skin to give it smoother look. However, these treatments also need to be done at frequent periodic intervals of a few months.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 22 year male, mere face par black spot ho gaye hai. Main 2-3 months se doctor se medicine le rha hun but wo kam ni ho rhe hain. So please help me.
My face skin has become very hard and rash ,from last 1 week during winter. I applied vaseline (nova) but I didn't get results.
Everyone loves a thick luscious mane of hair, which is shown on television commercials. To be able to flick around shiny healthy locks, you may have tried the best shampoo brands, made frequent visits to the parlour and consulted the doctors several times. However, did you know that the best nutrition for your hair comes from the food you eat daily? Thinning hair, reduction in hairline, excessive hairfall resulting in an undesirable physical change, can be a major cause of frustration and low self esteem. Healthy and hygienic lifestyle, sufficient sleep, adequate water intake and exercises along with a balanced diet help to promote the growth of hair.
- Most of the hair is made of protein and therefore it is of utmost importance to include proteins in the diet. Protein cells are building blocks for hair and strengthen your locks.
- Vitamin D leads to a healthy scalp and activates the growth of hair follicles.
- Biotin (Vitamin B7) leads to the synthesis of an important hormone known as Keratin which forms the fibrous part of hair.
- Inadequate Folic acid in the diet can cause a reduction in cell division and lead to premature greying of hair.
- Vitamin A and C help to keep the scalp free of dandruff. They lead to the production of sebum that nourishes the hair strands and prevents split ends. Split ends can lead to the breakage of hair, eventually turning your precious mane into a rough, dull and unmanageable one.
- Omega-3 fatty Acids improve blood circulation to the hair roots, promoting shine and health of hair.
- Iron and Zinc prevent breakage and damage of hair. They contribute to strengthening of hair roots.
- Carrots, Whole grains, Legumes and Lentils, leafy green vegetables, fruits: Carrots are rich sources of Vitamin A. Carrots have several advantageous effects on the human body, mostly showing remarkable improvement in eyesight and hair growth. Carrots can be eaten in a salad, boiled or lightly tossed in the pan in just a few drops of oil and beneficial spices for added flavour. Carrots can also be made into carrot juice and consumed on a regular basis. Vegetables, fruits and legumes are rich sources of iron, zinc; vitamins that are essential for hair maintenance.
- Lean Meat and Eggs: Eggs and lean meat are rich sources of protein. Egg whites do a commendable job when it comes to promoting hair growth. Egg yolk and the egg whites are known to remarkably condition the hair and benefit damaged hair when mixed with a natural hair pack before shampooing it off. Egg protein is beneficial, whether consumed or applied externally. It must be made a vital inclusion in your diet.
- Oatmeal: Known to have multiple benefits, it must make a way into your diet chart, if you are looking forward to healthy skin, hair and the perfect body weight. Oatmeal applied externally can condition and clean the hair, reducing itchiness of the scalp. Oatmeal consumed in breakfast daily can help to control hormonal imbalance that leads to excessive hair loss. It can also play an important role in controlling genetic alopecia.
- Walnuts and Almonds: The “W” of Walnut can also stand for Wonder nut. This nut contains all the necessary vitamins that activate the hair follicles and increase the volume of hair. It contains, iron, zinc, Vitamins B9, B6 and B1, healthy fats and adequate protein. Almonds are as beneficial as Walnuts, containing all the basic important nutrients needed for your hair. A handful of walnuts and almonds daily will zealously guard your hair for a long, long time.
- Green Tea and Dark Chocolates: Rich in anti-oxidants, green tea is beneficial both when consumed internally and applied externally. The hair can be washed with green tea to remove and prevent dandruff. Dark chocolates are also rich sources of anti-oxidants. Now that’s a delectable way towards healthy and happy hair.
- Fish: Salmon, Mackerel, Oysters are excellent sources of Omega-3 Fatty Acids.