Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Thrissur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. David PudukadanYour feedback matters!
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do can you help me with this?
Skin rashes are a regular problem in both men and women. These can be caused by a variety of factors, both internal and external to the body. However, rashes on the genitals and the groin area can be very problematic, painful and embarrassing. Some could be caused due to problems within the body while some could be contracted externally such as rashes caused by sexually transmitted diseases.
Types of groin rashes in women
Women tend to be affected by rashes as the genital area along with the innerwear tends to be a fertile breeding ground for microorganisms. Infections can also grow uninhibited if medications or appropriate precautions aren’t taken. Some of the common types of groin rashes in women along with their causes are mentioned below.
- Chaffing or intertrigo: This is one of the most common forms of rashes, which are both painful and can be unsightly as well; these look like inflamed spots. This is primarily caused by the rubbing of the inner thighs against each other.
- Jock itch: Although more commonly associated with men, Jock itch can affect women as well. Medically known as ‘tinea cruris’, jock itch occurs when the moisture from your sweat gets trapped within the folds or creases of skin in the groin area thus, encouraging fungi (dermatophyte fungi) to grow there. It is more common among obese people or if you happen to wear tight clothing during exercise. The rash will look like raised papules, which are red in color and quite itchy.
- Infections caused by the imbalance or proliferation of fungi such as yeast: Yeast infections caused by fungi candida usually occur when the pH (the alkaline to acidity) balance of the vagina is disrupted. This will not only result in vaginal discharge, itching pain and discomfort, but will also result in rashes around the vagina along with swelling.
- Contact rashes: Dermatitis may be transferred either through skin to skin contact or by using shared utensils and clothing items such as towels. Contact dermatitis or skin infections look like red rashes and can happen anywhere within the body, including the genitals and groin.
- Friction rashes: Some rashes occur as a result of adverse reactions to items of clothing rubbing against the skin such as jeans or using razors or the use of nylon thongs. These rashes occur due to the body reacting to these and look more like inflammation of the skin.
- Rashes caused by STIs and STDs: Certain rashes may develop on a woman’s groin as a manifestation of sexually transmitted diseases and infections. Some examples of these are Chlamydia, gonorrhea or syphilis and herpes; just to mention a few. These are usually accompanied by mild to severe pain and can only be cured after a proper consultation with the doctor.
Get to the doctor: Heat rashes, intertrigo and friction rashes usually go away by themselves. Vaginal yeast infections may require topical creams while other forms of bacterial infections can be treated by creams or oral antibiotics after proper consultation with a physician. If the pain is unusual and the rashes tend to persist along with other symptoms, you should immediately visit your doctor for further analysis and treatment.