Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Thiruthangal and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Ram PrakashYour feedback matters!
The best doctor nd my pain relief...I ll add u in my doc diaries. ! Thnk you dr.ram
I am 36 years old and having problem on my left side knee and muscular non-sensitivity/inactiveness on my right side calf.
I am having knee pain for that what precious do I have to take tell me some tips to get relief from this knee pain.
Knee pain. When legs are folded for some time and on straightening there is acute pain in the back of knee. Also when there is some strain on that leg, Like I have something heavy on my hand and am taking stairs. Problem is with left leg only. This is in the leg muscle and back of the knee.
Sir/mam नमस्ते मेरी उम्र 23 साल है करीब 2 महीने से मेरे घुटनो के हड्डियों में दर्द है।खेलते समय मेरी पैर के घुटनो में zatka पढ़ गया था।अब थोडा आराम है लेकिन पैर घुमाते वक्त हड्डी हिलती है पर ज्यादा दर्द नही होता what I do for cure please help.
Please suggest home remedies or proper foods that help in curing lower back ache. My husband age 37 has severe lower back pain since 6 months n exercise is not helping as it should.
Hello doctor. I am 46 years old man. On 23 may I took ice cream about 200gms, curd rice, one ice candy, cold water etc. In a party. Next evening I had a severe hip joint pain. In the left leg. Now the pain rund to the knee snd the lower joint. My vitamin d3 level is 22. Is it the cold items that are creating the problem. Please suggest management. Thank you. I am pure vegetarian.
I am suffering from a pain in backbone suddenly while I was going to work he cannot be able to do this.
M having pain on back upper side mean on shoulder level, usually I have pain on my whole back side but frm a couple of days m having too much pain m not able to complete my write up please suggest me something to cure it.
Hi I am 30 man. I feel low energy and also leg pain from 3-4 days. So please let me knw the reason and any diet I have to take for energy.
I am 26 years old my both legs are traumering internally and my right ear is making some sound continuously but no pain because of this I am not able to sleep nasal congestion is der vitamin d vitamin b12 and thyroid test became normal but still nobody diagnosed my disease now m going to depression because of health issue. Please help me which disease is this and which test you suggest.
Lower back pains may underline a host of diseases, some of the most distinctive being the degeneration of lumbar disc and strain of back muscles. If left unattended, these acute durations of severe pain can lead to further complications, beyond the scope of both active and passive physical treatment regimes. Hence, it is always recommended to attend to these minuscule symptoms as soon as they are detected.
How physiotherapy works wonders in lower back pains:
- Physiotherapy is recommended when lower back pains are frequent, or stretch for days at a time. Most medical literatures, which shower their unanimous support in favour of physiotherapy for back pain, make note that physiotherapy relieves pain, as well as improves the functions, which are most likely to be affected by this disorder.
- Pain emanating, following a surgery, is recognized as one of the most significant aspects where benefits of physiotherapy are more visible. Generally, patients are advised to undergo physiotherapy sessions after surgical procedures irrespective of age and gender, unless the move is contraindicated in specific cases.
- Muscular spasms and muscle shrinking is a highly familiar phenomenon observed in individuals who are relatively less active. Muscle shrinking can often be attributed to very low usage of certain muscles, while muscle spasm can occur when neurons at the affected muscles are irritated. Physiotherapy is observed as both the first line as well as the second line of treatment regimen in such occurrences; a routine for gradual and slow stretching is recommended by physiotherapists involving the muscles of legs, hips, abdomen and lower back, based on their intensity of pain.
- Advanced stages of a physiotherapy treatment regime upgrade the simple stretching exercises to more rigorous ones like specific stabilizing drills, exercises involving balancing machines and/or exercise balls. This aspect of physiotherapy caters to the secondary spine muscles of the human body.
- The area of the body considered to be the core of lower back pain (lower back muscles and muscles of abdomen) requires more than just stretching or exercises involving machines. Workout focused on these core areas are based on a complex set of exercises, which may have to be improvised such that the aforementioned muscles absorb the maximum shock.
- In addition to these conventional exercises, which are based on applications of gravity, some centres offer a different environment for individuals who are unable to perform activities in normal conditions. The concept of aquatic pools addresses the issue, and makes exercising quite an easy feat for the physically challenged individuals. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
Sir I am having pain in my right leg above thigh region and it pulls or pains at the waist bone sometimes it started before 1 month after I slipped my leg when I am kicking the kick rod pain is not more but it comes sometime please suggest what to do.
I have badly a backache and its pains a lot now a days because I have been operated last 4 years ago and now it started to ache like hell serious one. Do tell me what can I do.
Mosquitoes, though tiny, can wreak havoc on the human health. Malaria and dengue were common enough, but now another disease doing the rounds is chikungunya. This is a viral disease that spreads by the bites of Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. The disease lasts for 5 to 7 days. Also, even though the weather is changing, it is still prevalent and as on November 18, 878 cases have been reported in Delhi itself.
Symptoms of chikungunya are very non-indicative and include high temperature, rashes and multiple spots on the body, multiple joint pains, headaches, conjunctivitis and insomnia. The presence of joint pains associated with a high incidence of mosquito breeding is indicative of chikungunya. The fever usually subsides in a couple of days, but the other symptoms would persist for about a week.
Management of chikungunya includes a combination of prevention and treatment. Prevention is more important than treatment as it is easier done.
- To the maximum extent possible, avoid mosquito bites.
- Avoid using rainwater-filled containers, potted plants that stagnate water and drinking bowls for domestic animals.
- Wear full-sleeved clothing when mosquito bites are likely to be higher.
- Use mosquito repellents in the forms of coils, creams, and mats
- Use mosquito nets where possible
- Prevent mosquito breeding by draining possible areas of water stagnation
Treatment: There is no specific allopathic remedy for the treatment of chikungunya. The prescribed medicines are only for symptomatic relief, and given the intense and prolonged joint pains, the patient ends up using a lot of painkillers. There are cases where the pains may persist for up to 6 months. This is where Ayurveda comes into the picture, as there are multiple effective remedies that have been proven effective over the ages.
- Massage your joints with a mixture of castor oil, drumstick, camphor, garlic, and coconut oil. This oil can be heated and stored in a glass jar for about 3 days. Warm this oil and use it for effective relief of the joint pains.
- A mixture of castor oil and cinnamon can also be used to massage the painful joints.
- A concoction of ajwain seeds, raisins or dry grapes, tulsi leaves, and neem leaves boiled in water is an effective remedy for the joint pains. This is to be used when it is warm after food and the residual ingredients chewed upon.
- A diet rich in fresh fruits, greens and vegetables is recommended.
- Drinking sufficient amounts of liquids (water, coconut water, lime juice, and buttermilk) to keep good hydration levels and recuperate from the illness.
- Ensure sufficient rest for the joints even after the initial fever has subsided.
Ayurveda has references to something called “sandhijwara” which is “fever of the joints”. Sandhijwara is very similar to chikungunya and these remedies used for this can be very useful in treating chikungunya.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!