Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kumbakonam and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
I am 24 yrs old and I have a problem of having foul smell coming out of my mouth when I used to talk to someone. I used to brush my teeth properly but the smell remains the same. My father is also facing the same. Please help me.
I am 21 years old. I have wounds on my lips regularly. Even a small wound will become large. It will take one week or more to heel.
Now a days my upper two front teeth always keep looking even if I slightly open my mouth. Feels as if they shifted down or something. And when I close my mouth its looking different like flat lips.
Can we use the readymade braces for teeth straightening, is it safe & can it make our crooked, crowned teeth straight?
About 2 year ago he have body joint pain then he take medicine regularly today's. Than one year ago he have other problem like eye dryness and mouth dryness .than we consult a eye specialist than he suggest a physician .we consult my city physician physician take many test but no result .we counsel Jaipur physician also. But no result .many doctor suggestions take high consultant like aims Delhi. We dispose many rupees but no solution found . What is this doses.
Hi, My 6th molar tooth has been broken for which 2 docs hv advised implant after extraction. One doc has Nobel biocare implant while the other has recommended astra biocare (israel based co). There is much difference in the prices for both. Please suggest whether astra is as good as Nobel? Thanks.
Gum disease begins with the growth of bacteria in your mouth and it may end with loss of teeth. Thus, the severity of gum disease or periodontitis should not be underestimated. Tooth loss mainly happens due to the destruction of the tissue which surrounds the teeth.
Types of gum disease:
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is basically the first stage of periodontitis. It causes bleeding from the gums and also causes immense pain in the teeth.
- Periodontitis: In periodontitis, the gum and teeth separate. A gap is formed between the two which may cause debris to accumulate in the space and cause other infections.
Causes of gum disease:
The exact cause of gum disease is not known but here are some of the possible causes:
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause and puberty are just some times the gums become more sensitive and gingivitis develops.
- Illnesses: Cancer, HIV, diabetes and other illnesses may cause problems with the immune system and damage the gums. This is an example of how gingivitis is caused as a complication of other disorders.
- Bad habits: Smoking causes gum disease as you may already know.
- Poor oral hygiene: Not brushing and flossing may lead to accumulation of food materials in the mouth causing gum diseases.
- Family history: Family history is also a major contributing factor to what may cause gum disease.
The treatment prescribed for gum disease depends how deep it is set and whether it is a case of gingivitis or periodontitis. Here are the possible treatments for gum disease:
- Professional dental cleaning: This is the most common treatment used in the early stages of gum disease. In fact, dental cleanings are usually used to prevent it and are used as soon as tartar and plaque buildup.
- Scaling and root planing: This is also a type of cleaning except that it needs to be done under a local anesthetic as there is a certain degree of pain involved in the procedure.
- Surgery: Surgery is also sometimes used to remove the infected pockets and put the gums back in their original place.