Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Thanjavur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravindran E
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ravindran EYour feedback matters!
Hello, I have given birth to a baby 8 months back, it was a normal delivery then I got fissures have to get them operated as they were chronic .Now I have a lot of discomfort down there ,every time after passing stools it pains. Have consulted doctors they said there’s no fissures. I don’t understand what’s the problem is? Any help is appreciated.
Urinary incontinence or the involuntary urination is a common and distressing problem, which may have a large impact on quality of life. The most common types of urinary incontinence in women are stress urinary incontinence and urge urinary incontinence. Women with both problems have mixed urinary incontinence. Stress urinary incontinence is caused by loss of support of the urethra which is usually a consequence of damage to pelvic support structures as a result of childbirth. It is characterized by leaking of small amounts of urine with activities which increase abdominal pressure such as coughing, sneezing and lifting.
Additionally, frequent exercise in high-impact activities can cause athletic incontinence to develop. Urge urinary incontinence is caused by uninhibited contractions of the detrusor muscle. It is characterized by leaking of large amounts of urine in association with insufficient warning to get to the bathroom in time.
How to diagnose urinary incontinence?
- Stress test: The patient relaxes, then coughs vigorously as the doctor watches for loss of urine.
- Urinalysis: Urine is tested for evidence of infection, urinary stones, or other contributing causes.
- Blood tests: Blood is taken, sent to a laboratory, and examined for substances related to causes of incontinence.
- Ultrasound: Sound waves are used to visualize the kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra.
- Cystoscopy: A thin tube with a tiny camera is inserted in the urethra and used to see the inside of the urethra and bladder.
- Urodynamic: Various techniques measure pressure in the bladder and the flow of urine.
Ayurvedic Management of Urinary Incontinence:
Ayurveda is a very effective natural treatment for Involuntary Urination. Medicines help to treat the root cause of disease. Ayurveda remedies are known to be perfectly safe and have been tried by thousands of patients all over the world bedwetting are perfectly safe. These natural remedies do not have any side effects at all.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.
I have problem in my urinary bladder nerves. Somewhere it is swallowing on my left side. Sometimes I faced irritation in my bladder or feel like displaced of whole system.
I am having itching out side anus for the last three months. I have applied sofradex-f but it has not fully cured. After some days of relief it again re-occur. Advise me.
The pair of kidneys that human beings have, forms an important part in the excretory system. They perform specific and important functions. They excrete urine as well as help in eliminating the toxins, which accumulate in the body. Kidney stones occur when the minerals present in the urine without being discharged, keep on accumulating. This gives rise to an extremely painful and uncomfortable situation. Though sometimes the situation gets revoked all by itself, many a times it requires medical intervention.
Some of the symptoms of kidney stones are:
However, there are several preventive measures which you can undertake in order to avert the situation. Some of them are:
- Drink lots of water: Kidney stone is one of those rare conditions that once occurred, always carry the latent threat of recurring again. Therefore, drinking water in large quantities becomes essential. The more you drink water, the more frequently you would urinate, thereby curbing the chances of the minerals settling in the kidneys.
- Avoid certain foods: Food like beets, spinach, those which are replete with calcium oxalate should be avoided in order to minimize chances of having kidney stones.
- Change your diet: If you are trying to avoid the eventuality of developing kidney stones, it is imperative that you change your diet a bit. It is recommended that you exclude animal protein as much as possible and assiduously avoid the intake of salt as much as possible.
- Take less calcium supplements: Calcium generally is considered a nemesis to your kidneys and is prescribed by doctors to be avoided. However recent research has thwarted this claim. Calcium does not pose a threat to kidneys. However calcium supplements definitely do and therefore, should be avoided.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!