Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Sexologists in India. You will find Sexologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Sexologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Yodendra RaiYour feedback matters!
Hi, My penis size is turning to be small as I smoke a lot, is this the only reason for the same. Pls help.
Hello, I am married from last 4 months and my wife and I can not do sex.she doesn't have have much interest in doing so.please help me in this
I am 22 year old and was suffering from overactive bladder and due to irritation and tension, from that time I lost my desire in sex or in girls, before that I was very responsive to opposite sex, even talking to my gf cause arousal and desire for sex .But I lost all this since frequent urination amd tension, it passed 2_3 months amd still I did not have desire for sex, PLEASE SUGGEST ME HOW TO OVERCOME FROM THIS SITUATION? I'LL BE THANKFUL OF U.
Sir I have stomach related problem. I have feel sometimes irregular pain in stomach. It happen sometimes left or sometimes right. I have also stool related problem. It happen sometime less or sometimes normal. I have check up one time. E.coli problem have found by test. I got medicine. It cured. But it begins again. I also masturbates. It causes sometimes jealous. When I sneezes hardly it pains below penis. Suggest me please
Am venu 21 years old. Am doing hand job to my pennis daily and pimples are increasing on my face. How can I clear my pimples and dark spots.
I had sex with few girls and I wanna know what test should be to know if I was affected with hiv or not?
It might seem difficult to overcome feelings of it but there are in fact various ways you can deal with it. It is often observed that an individual feels ashamed or guilty about their urges.
In most cases, sexual repression stems from certain social and cultural norms. It affects both the sexes and generally sets off from an early age. Following are the ways to overcome sexual repression:
1. Teach yourself various sexual values - Whenever thoughts of sexual repression cloud your mind and lowers your sexual urges, try getting rid of these thoughts gradually. Replace your depressing thoughts with thoughts about sex being a natural activity. Teach yourself to look at sex differently and stop trying to convince yourself otherwise.
2. Avoid taking negative opinions regarding sex from other people - You might long for a company when you are miserable and sexually repressed. Talking to people who are sexually repressed themselves will do little good as they might impose their own feeling on you. It's best not to take their advice or argue with them. Instead, you can form your own sexual values and strengthen them over time.
3. Be more vocal about sex - This conversation is not the one where you make sexual jokes or is otherwise completely irrelevant and of little use. Pour it and try conveying your feelings to people who are close and empathetic towards you. Interact with your partner and ask about their opinion on sexual repression and healthy sexual ideas.
4. Expose yourself to the sexual values of different culture - According to studies, Holland and Austria are among the most sexually liberal countries. Italy is also considered moderately liberal about its sexual values. You can try knowing about the various countries like Japan which is among the sexually repressed nations. Learning about various ways and forms of sexual repression will broaden our outlook and make you look at sex differently altogether. In a way, it can help you deal with your own sexual repression. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
My friend and her boyfriend had a sex yesterday after that she bleed. It was for the first time but before that they tried. And that time also she bleed. How normal it is? And now she is complaining about pain. Even if she touches her vagina. Should she consult a gynecologist? Or she will be alright.
In order to fulfill your and your partner's desires if must understand them and along with that you need to keep a track of your mental and physical health, so that you can fulfill those desires. There is an increasing number of people with the issue of reduced sexual drive and this being a private matter are not able to come out in the open to discuss it. However, this is an issue that can only be solved by a frank discussion, and when that is done, it might seem like there was no problem in the first place.
Listed below are some things that can lead to a lower sexual drive. It is to be noted that women and men have different reasons leading to reduced libido.
- Reduced hormone levels: The most prominent cause is reduced levels of testosterone and estrogen, which are hormones required for development of sexual characteristics in males and females respectively. The levels can reduce depending on various reasons from hypogonadism to loss of ovaries to psychological stress to medications to drinking and smoking. The first step in managing this would be to establish the fact that there are reduced hormone levels and pin the cause for it. Most people respond almost immediately to replacement therapy. Additionally, in some cases, the cause for reduced hormones can be addressed when identified.
- Physiological problems: Especially in women, if there is painful intercourse, then the drive is naturally reduced. The reason for the pain could be spasms or infection and need to be identified and treated. Psychological constraints are another major reason that most females have painful intercourse. Counselling along with therapy, if required can help these patients.
- Medications: From antidepressants to antihypertensives, though they are meant to cure some medical condition, they lead to some other condition. Drugs like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), tricyclic antidepressants (TCA), and beta-adrenergic blockers are famous for their ability to reduce libido.
- Lifestyle habits: From smoking to drinking alcohol to junk food to lack of exercise, the effect on libido is very strong. Smoking decreases blood flow in general, which leads to reduced desire.
- Chronic diseases: Whether it is depression or diabetes, hypertension or hyperlipidemia, they all have an indirect effect on the sex drive of a person. Additionally, the constant stress of having to monitor health and maintain a good lifestyle has an effect on the overall health and definitely on the sex drive. In some cases, this could lead to drinking and smoking and use of medications all of which again can affect the sex drive. It goes into a vicious cycle and the patient needs to accept some facts and manage to work around the others.
It is indeed very stressful when a person finds out that he has a low sexual drive. However, it is not impossible to manage with a little help and support, both from the partner and the doctor.