Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Yatin BhiseYour feedback matters!
I am not seen any clean place to so far and near I test my eye and doctors said you have a number so please.
I am suffering from fever last two days ago. When turn My eyes eyes or pain and also body pains so which tablet s Are Better for me.
I want to get rid of spectacles. My left eye has no. 3.25, and right eye no. 2.50. please help me as fast.
Sit main night mein sone ke baad mrng mein jaata hu to meri both eye niche puffy ho jaati hai. Iska kya reason hai. Meri eye 6/6 hai. Mujhe koi medicine bataye. Main ngt duty weak mein 2 days karta hu. Thanks.
Does stress cause increase in long distance number for eyes and If yes, can it be lowered by natural methods? Kindly advise.
My eyes are burning for over 3 days. I am not able to understand why its happening. Please suggest me what should I do?
For last few days I am having problem in my eye. In right eye upper eye-lid is swollen and getting pain regular and while touching. Getting problem while eyelid gets down.
Hi im working in a BPO so will on work when I site in front of computer my eyes get lot of pain so please help me out of this.
I have specs the points is -0.50 & -0.75 So I want to throw my specs. How can I decreased my points My other question is if In case I have bp than it will? How.
My mother ( Age: 66) was suffering from MOTIABIND ( Cataract). She was operated with laser & a lens was fitted to her eye, But even after operation she could not see clearly & when she uses glass she can find some improvement. I discussed the matter with my friends & relatives & all of them said that after operation she should see clearly. Now the doctor who has operated says that there is some problem in her retina. Please suggest what can be done to improve my mother's vision.
My weight is to high how should I loss it and my eyes also used to pain please tell me the solution to repare it.
Whenever I uses my phone water starts coming out of eyes and itching is occurred and not able to open my eyes nowadays I have seen an add of eye drop spa maybe use it.
Suddenly last 2 months my eyes are burning and become dry. Any infection to my eyes or summer heat? Please tell me what is this?
Macular Degeneration is an age-related macular degeneration incurable eye disease, which might result in blurred vision or no vision in the centre of the vision field, which might lead to visual distortions, reduced central vision, decreased intensity of the colours and can make it difficult for the patient to recognize faces, read, drive and to perform other activities.
Types of Macular Degeneration
1. Dry Macular Degeneration: It is characterized by the presence of drusen and thinning of macula because of a breakdown or thinning of the layer of retinal pigment epithelial cells in the macula.
2. Wet macular degeneration: In this type of AMD, there is an excessive growth of blood vessels, which causes bleeding, leakage, as well as scaring under the retina, which results in a rapid and severe loss of the central vision and might become permanent if not treated.
Causes of Age-related Macular Degeneration:
This is caused due to a problem related to the part of eye known as Macula, which is a spot at the centre of the retina of the eye. The focus point of the incoming ray of light is on Macula, which is responsible for see the things direct in front of us, especially reading and writing.
- Age: As the age increases, the probability of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration also increases significantly. The degree of the macular degeneration might vary person to person, but ageing is a major cause of suffering from age-related macular degeneration.
- Smoking: Smoking increases the chances of developing the disease in comparison to someone who does not smoke. The longer you have smoked, the more are the chances of developing it.
- Family History: The risk of developing the Age-related Macular Degeneration increases if it runs in your family, i.e. if your parents and siblings are suffering from it, then your chances of developing it are quite high as compared to the ones who do not have any family history.
- Obesity: The obese people have the higher chances of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration.
- Alcohol: Higher alcohol consumption also puts you at the risk of AMD, which is why one should always take alcohol in limited quantity only.
- Sunlight: As going out in sunlight without sunscreen is harmful to your skin, the same is harmful to your eyes for longer duration, and one should always wear UV-absorbing sunglasses to protect his eyes from AMD.
- Ethnicity: The white and Chinese are more prone to developing AMD as compared to the black people.
- Cardiovascular disease: The persons who have suffered diseases that affect the heart and other blood vessel are at higher risk of macular degeneration.
Treatment of Age-related Macular Degeneration
1. Anti-VEGF Drugs: The dry macular degeneration cannot be cured while the wet macular degeneration can be stabilized and maintained with a number of medical treatments to be injected into the eye, such as Lucentis, Avastin and Eylea. These are not long procedures and continued monitoring of the vision to maintain or improve the vision.
2. Laser photocoagulation: It consists of a concentrated beam of high energy thermal light that is directed towards the retina to obliterate and seal leaking blood vessels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.