Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurosurgeons online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Accident Injuries Treatment
Head And Neck Cancer Surgeries
Anterior Segment Surgery
Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cancer Pain Management
Column Traumatology Procedure
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Submit a review for Dr. Viswanathan IyerYour feedback matters!
My friend is admitted in hospital for a disease known as epileptic seizure. But he hasn't shown any common symptoms of epilepsy. Is any mild form of epilepsy which does not show any symptoms & is it permanent?
I am 25year old. My hand vibrate. Please Dr. Help me. I am not drink alcohol regular. Only occasionally.
Migraine is not just a headache it has other symptoms and has a major impact on life. A migraine headache is usually an intense throbbing pain on one or sometimes both sides of the head. Besides pain, migraine also can cause nausea and vomiting and sensitivity to light and sound. Some people may see spots or flashing lights or have a temporary loss of vision
Treatment ; by pain relief, preventive drugs, lifestyle changes, and alternative treatments.
Sir, I AM 29. I have been suffering from epilepsy. NEITHER of my parents nor any genetic history of such related with me. First case of seizure took place on 10.03.2016. Then 29.04.16 and then on 6.09.16.in almost every cases I became unconscious for 6to 7 seconds. I went to a neurologists and he prescribed valprol300 twice daily and valprol once in morning. I also went to a neuropsyco and he prescribed nexito10 along with lonazep 10 along with the original medicines on 10.08 16. On 22nd february he prescribed nexito 20 in place of nexito10. He said to stop lonazep after taking 10 days medicine. I stopped lonazep on september. Now after being passed almost 6 month I feel better 70% than before. But from yesterday I feel mild tingling in my leg and hand. Is it any dangerous? I have a tendency to make worry about everything. Due to not having my first achieves job I sometimes felt depression. I have a 20 months baby. Before pregnancy I took several medicines and went through hormonal treatment. But at last I conceived naturally. Had that treatment any relation with my present problem? Will my problem totally cured? I am very tensed. Please advice me.
numbness and tingling in my arm may be due to cervical problem. Pls suggest home remedy or exercise if any.
Sleep is one such time when people usually are expected to lie down still and get rest. However, we have all heard of sleepwalking, a condition where a person walks during the sleep. Though it may sound strange, there is a deeper explanation for it both from a causative point of view and from managing it.
Things you should know?
- Sleepwalking happens when a person moves back from a deep sleep to a light sleep or awakening state.
- The person who is sleepwalking is usually not aware of it.
- Activities may range from simply getting up and sitting up in bed to walking around the room. They could also open the door and walk out to the neighbourhood. Moving furniture, changing dresses or driving a car, may also be some of the actions Most of these activities happens completely without their knowledge.
- Mostly happens in children up to the age of 12, but can be seen in adults also, where it assumes a more severe form.
- The person who is sleepwalking has a fixed stare with glassy eyes. They may appear dazed and lost when they are awakened.
- They may not respond when they are actually sleepwalking, or respond very slowly
- They can be brought back to bed and put back to sleep without being disturbed. Most children would go back to sleeping when this is done
- Though the parents can be very worried when they see children sleepwalking, reassurance is required, as it usually disappears as they cross teenage.
- There could be chances of small injury like tripping or fall during the sleepwalking episode
- Sleepwalkers may be more restless compared to other children during their waking hours
- Bedwetting is also quite common in children who sleepwalk
- Inappropriate sleep pattern with lack of sleep for prolonged periods is one of the main reasons for sleepwalking
- Excessive drinking
- Medical conditions like heart rhythm problems, acidity, gastric reflux, and seizures
- Psychiatric conditions like panic attacks and post-traumatic stress disorder can also lead to sleepwalking
- For a parent to see their child walking around in their sleep can be quite disturbing.
- Reassurance is required stating that it is just a temporary phase and will not stay beyond the teenage years
- Most people do not require any intervention unless accompanied by severe symptoms like going out of the house or driving
- Once established, it is advisable to avoid by not drinking too much alcohol, avoiding stress and anxiety and taking precautions like extra-secure locks to prevent sleepwalking and/or other side effects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.