Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vineetha JariwalaYour feedback matters!
Croup or ‘Kali Khansi’, as it is called in local parlance, is recognized by a loud cough that often sounds like the barking of a seal. It can cause rapid or difficult breathing, and sometimes wheezing. Croup is thought to be caused by a virus, but reflux acidity has been suggested as a possible trigger.
In gastroesophageal reflux disease, stomach acid causes swelling and inflammation of the larynx, which narrows the airway. It can trigger more swelling with any kind of viral or respiratory infection.
Identifying children with gastroesophageal reflux disease could help treat and improve recurring croup. It is unusual for a child to have three or more bouts of croup over a short period of time. These children need to be evaluated.
The same is true for adults also. Patients with non responding asthma should be investigated for underlying acidity as the cause of acute asthma.
YOu can ask me privately in any doubts
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
My 8 months old baby boy reduced the quantity of food intake firstly he accepted 2 to 3spoons of cerelac per feed but now only one spoon what are all the foods and liquids that can be given that he accepts well.
My 3 months old baby is doing potty 3-4 time in these days. His potty is very green and watery. From two days he has jukam and khasi. What should I do?
My niece who takes normal diet and is of 9 years of age is really very weak physically. Kindly suggest some solution for improving her health.
Hi doctor. My baby gal is 4 months old. I observed the area under her diaper often becomes red whenever I use diaper. As soon as I remove the diaper, it becomes normal after sometime if kept removed. Is this a sign of diaper rash? What should I do? I applied chicoo nappy cream on that area. Shall I use some powder? Me and my husband having traveling job and most of the time have to take baby with us. So can't leave baby without diapers too. Pls help.
How to cure fungal infection on genital area? I am suffering from fungal infection with skin rashes and itching on genital area.
My one and half year old daughter is medically situs inversion case. I want to know there will be all ok in future ? Currently no problem.
My baby is 3 months old and bothe and my baby have cough and cold. Which medicine is preferable to us so that no harm is caused to my baby?
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.