Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vinay Rao
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vinay RaoYour feedback matters!
I have problems during sex that is Premature Ejaculation give some solutions and one more thing smoking is my habit.
Cellulitis is a common contagious bacterial skin infection marked by redness and swelling of the skin that feels tender and hot. It usually occurs when bacteria penetrate through a crack or a cut on the skin’s surface. Although cellulitis can develop anywhere over the face or the body, it is your lower legs that are affected the most. It damages the tissues beneath the skin, spreading to the bloodstream and the lymph nodes. If left untreated, the infection might get aggravated and turn fatal.
In case of a recurrence, preventive antibiotics may be recommended by the doctor. Adopting the below mentioned precautionary measures can help:
- Gently rinse the wound with soap and water on a daily basis, whenever you go in for a shower.
- Apply an antibiotic ointment or a cream over the wound to get adequate protection.
- Use a bandage to dress your wound and change it daily.
- Watch out for signs of infections such as pain and redness and accordingly go for medical help.
People with diabetes often suffer from poor blood circulation. They require extra precautions in order to prevent any skin injury:
- Minutely check for signs of injury, failing which you might be even more susceptible to infections.
- Moisturize and lubricate your skin daily to prevent peeling and cracking.
- Trim your toenails and fingernails carefully so that they do not injure the ambient skin.
- Wear appropriate gloves and footwear to protect your feet and hands.
- Treat any infection developing on the skin surface at the right time because they might be contagious.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I want to know causes and prevention of malaria dengue typhoid. Can you provide me detailed explanation for all these three?
Heavy masturbation cause-Sperm fall in urine premature ejaculation night fall Please give me some tips.
Hi doctors, Today morning I just wanted to see whether my penis would get fully erect or not. My penis erected goodly but it was not totally hard. The hard percentage was about 70%. I am feeling TIRED since last 1 month due to bad diet. Sir, please let me know that does physical weakness cause Erectile dysfunction? And also, I am very much stressed now a days becoz of career tension. I am 24. Sir, will this problem be solved?
I am 22 years old, and I have a question regarding bad breath tht comes when we do not take water or food for several hrs and even after the meal tht we take. How to kill this bad breath germs.
Most diseases, small or big, acute or chronic, accident or infection, have one common factor - pain. In most cases, in addition to reducing the severity of the infection or the impact to various structures from the trauma, managing pain assumes a bigger role. It is only when the pain is controlled can the bigger picture of disease management be done, as the patient would be inconsolable.
To this effect, in addition to pain killers, the most inexpensive and easily available modes of pain management are heat and cold. Though all are not aware, there are specific instances where heat and cold should be used as listed below.
Heat: Some of the common modes to heat therapy include heat pads, warm baths, paraffin wax system, hot water bottles, air-activated heat pack, or warm oils. Heat acts by improving blood circulation and nutritional supply to the body parts and is best suited for stiff joints and muscle soreness.
Some common ways to heat therapy include:
- A warm shower or bath in the morning - this will ease morning stiffness and get you ready for exercise.
- Apply a heating pad on the sore/stiff areas for up to 20 minutes - Use optimal, bearable temperature to avoid skin burns.
- Wrap the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes with a moist heat pad. A wet towel can be put in the freezer and then warmed up in the microwave. Moist heat pads are also available with local pharmacies.
- Warm mineral oils can be applied to the stiff joints of hands and legs. Leave it in place for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off.
- For sore hand and foot joints, warm paraffin wax can be applied using the equipment available at drug stores. This will help ease the pain and soreness. Soak in a warm whirlpool.
Contrary to heat therapy, cold therapy acts by reducing blood flow to the affected area and numbing the nerve endings, thereby reducing the perception of pain. It works well for acute pain cases like fresh injuries and post-exercise inflammation.
- A cold wrap with ice cubes can be applied to the painful area for about 15 to 20 minutes. This can be repeated if required after a break.
- Alternately, a wet towel can be put in a plastic bag and kept in the freezer for 15 minutes and then used as a cold pack.
- The affected joint can be submerged in a container of ice and water.
- Cold gel packs are available at stores - these won't leak, will stay cold longer and can be easily wrapped around a joint.
Cryotherapy, as cold therapy is also called, is not as effective as heat therapy, though it does provide immediate relief.