Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Vilas DongreYour feedback matters!
Being away or oblivious to social media is synonymous to not following the herd. Social media probably is no more the latest fad; it is the given code to take a deeper look into the present age. The rewarding fact about social networking sites is their ability to transport us to people and places millions of miles away from us. This epoch with its dictates of overproduction and maximum utilization of labor, snatches away the boon of communication.
Social media gifts us with easy communication and wider access:
- Social media creates peer pressure: Coming in continuous contact with occurrences in other people's life can lead to mental setback. You may feel low on comparing your achievements with that of others. Consciously or unconsciously you are struggling throughout to be at par with them who are seemingly jubilant. Virtual peer pressure is realized by many.
- It can bring us at close quarters with penitence: Persistent grief or regret can take a toll on your mental health. It can make you depressive. Depression is again not a healthy thing for personal growth and development. It usually results in lack of motivation.
- You tend to panic more through continued use of social media: If you have not been in touch with social media for a couple of days you are instilled with the fear of losing out on incidents. You panic regarding what has been happening all over the world that in reality will in most cases bear no effect on you.
- It accustoms you to the glamorous appeal of drugs- Social media tends to showcase the ills of society as glamorous contributing factors of life. It celebrates the vices of drugs and other addictive agents as virtues. Young adults are therefore easily incited to give in to addiction.
Positive effects of social media on your mental health:
- Social media will let you take a break from hovering tasks and responsibilities.
- Helps you connect with long lost friends. Social networking sites will bring you close to new and old friends alike.
- Real society is overly judgemental. It prohibits you from coming across as your true self. Virtual media allows you to come out of your cocoon and helps you feel comfortable about yourself.
I have stammering problem since childhood, please suggest me some remedies or any treatment to overcome this, or to control it to some extent.
Depression is a common and disabling illness, affecting over 100 million people worldwide. Depression can have a significant impact on people’s physical health, as well as reducing their quality of life.
But did you know that exercise is also good for your head? The most common treatments for depression, for example, are psychotherapy or medication. Psychologists have found that exercise is a third successful alternative.EXERCISE is an effective, cost-effective treatment for depression and may help in the treatment of other mental disorders.
The results from many studies support the idea that exercise improves mood in people with mild to moderate depression.
By reviewing the results from 51 different studies on exercise for depression, it was revealed that a small but significant increase in self esteem was associated with the reduction of symptoms of depression. As more research is being carried out on exercise for depression, researchers are theorizing that exercise could possibly elevate serotonin levels enough to alleviate mild to moderate depression.
The concept that exercise is an effective treatment for depression is not new. The Cochrane Collaboration, an enormous network of scientific experts around the world recently published (Rimer et al July 2012) a review of 28 articles studying the effects of exercise on depression symptoms with a total of 1101 participants. They showed that exercise significantly improved symptoms of depression, although modestly, but the benefits were long lasting.
" Exercise provides psychological and physical benefits. However, if you also adopt a strategy that engages your mind while you exercise, you can get a whole host of psychological benefits fairly quickly" Quote by James Rippe, M.D.
I'm 27 years male I have complaining of abdominal distension last 3month I'm alcoholic I'm drinking irregular so what I have to do.
Sir, I was in touch with a girl since last 3 years. Actually I really liked her and she also knew about it. We have been friends since 7 years and from last 3 years our conversations increased a lot. Nov-4-2014 was her birthday, we spent the day together and I proposed her, she said that her family won't agree to our relationship that's why she can't say yes and then she blocked me on Facebook and WhatsApp. I tried calling her a lot but she never picked my phone. Later after 8 months she unblocked me and gave a text on Facebook asking me if I have moved on or not and then we started talking. She used to show a lot of care and whenever I asked her about a relationship, her answer was same, she said "i'm her very good friend, she can't see me in trouble in future because her family will not agree and we will have to part our ways. I always said "its ok" I asked her to meet up a lot of times, she agreed and never came. One day I asked her in anger why she does this, she said she can't face me and asked me to move on. In between all these she also used to say that her parents want to get her married and prove that we both don't have a future. All her chats and conversations made me realize that she also feels the same but don't admit. These things kept on going until we met on Sept-9-2016. We had a good day together, she clicked a lot of pictures in my phone. We started talking a little more after that day. After few weeks again we met, we were roaming in a not so crowded mall, it was only for 2-3 hours but we had a good time talking. These were the days when she made me realize that she want me to stay by her side. We always met when she wanted to meet, whenever I asked her to meet up she used to make excuses and said no, we also had fights over this. Again after a few weeks she asked me to meet. I picked her from her college hostel in morning and we started roaming in my car. After sometime she asked me to park the car as she wanted to say something. She said, 2 years back a guy proposed her and she said yes only for timepass and broke up in 10 days but the guy didn't agree. The guy has been assuming him as her boyfriend since 2 years but there was nothing from her side - this is what she said. I was very angry after hearing all this but I didn't say much to her. She said from now on she will do everything as I say. After that we both started behaving like GF BF but none of us said something like 'love you' This thing went on for 3 weeks. We were talking on phone, she told me that her parents are getting her married and she don't want to marry now. It was Friday night, on Saturday I accidentally found her at a restaurant with her friend. We talked for about an hour and she asked me to meet up the next Day, I said yes. Next day morning she called and said she won't be able to come. I said its OK but I was angry. I didn't text her after that. On Tuesday I gave her a call, she said she is having dinner and will call back in 5 mins but she didn't. Next day again I called her and again she said she will call in 5 mins but didn't. After that I called her on Saturday and again the same happened. The next morning i.e. Sunday I called and asked why is she doing this, she said "I'm busy, I have a lot of work to do, I can't talk to you all the time" I also said a few words and then she asked me to meet up on tuesday, I said OK. On Monday we were testing on WhatsApp, she was talking very rudely I was very surprised with this change in her behavior and I said I'll never talk to her. After a few days she deleted my number and unfollowed me on Instagram and even uploaded a pic with a guy whom I never liked and she knew about it and when I asked her about the pic she said "you don't have any right to question me" I didn't reply and blocked her everywhere. Now I have unblocked her. I don't understand why all this happened. Could you please help me out?
Dr. I have a bf and in a relation since 2 years and I know it's my fault I have joked many times about him which is humiliating in nature. I used to tell that you cannot do anything in your life you are dumb I insulted him many times it's true that I I have fault. Yesterday he said I am short minded he have wasted his time on me. I felt like crying if he leave me? I don't know what I have to do now. I do not know he is happy with me or not. Help me I feel really sad I don't know how should I talk to him.
I was in a relationship with a girl. We were committed to marriage. She broke up with me 1 n a half year ago. I still love her. Did everything to get things right back. Can't get out of this. Can't concentrate and focus on anything. In deep depression.
Sir, I'm 20 year old. I have hearing and speech problem from 6 year. I take BTE Aids in both ear from AIIMS, DELHI but I feeling that it's no useful. please help me sir. Thnx.
I am b+ blood group, I am having stress any time with or without doing anything, I can't control my stress .I have done yoga ,gym ,music, nothing change ,please give me a advise.
I have some heath related issued with my body sometimes I feel so pain in my body and I does not know why is this happen and after that I will go to medical shop and tell them that give me a pain killer because i have pain in my body.
Hello I am 32 year old male. I am suferr low self esteem and confidence. I can not able to talk with someone whom I thought like to talk the way.
I lost somebody close last year and since then fell very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time please help me.
I have a 12 year old boy with klin (chromosome xyx) syndrome. He cannot speak and walk. He can manage a wheel chair. Active to some extent. Only one testis is visible. Head is slight; y bigger. Fair and lovely. Where can I get right treatment for such a child and what is that?
Study Smarter and Not Harder!
There are few things I hear over and over again from students -
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, after all the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study.
And the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve.
There are two ways to improve your concentration:
First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
Ideas for daily concentration-boosting habits include:
- Mindfulness meditation - many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep - I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain - The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumocity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier - your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise - is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4-5 hours of study very efficient.
Optimize your mental state and environment:
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
Create a study space - Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
Remove distractions - Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
Reduce background noises - If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
Use timer - Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
Stay motivated - If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying.
That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
Take breaks - Take a break every two hours. You mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten minute break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How can I help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; book an audio consultation with me. Once I know what your current study methods are, I will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate my tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!!