Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in murbad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vikrant Dalavi
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Vikrant DalaviYour feedback matters!
I used to find it almost impossible to have intercourse, it used to pain a lot and used to feel like a wall inside for my partner and he would never try to force it because of the pain I felt. We almost gave up, we had stopped trying to have intercourse. However since a few months ago we thought we should try again and we felt my vaginal muscles opening. And finally after a few tries, we are now able to have intercourse but it takes him a lot of time to open me up very slowly so that it doesn't pain. Now the problem is, I don't feel any pleasure at all. I emotionally feel good about him being inside me because of the love. But I don't feel any pleasure. I feel clitoral pleasure very well, but intercourse doesn't feel anything. What could be the reason?
I have itching on my body. And I am suffering from it for one month. I get irritation with it. Please suggest me a medication.
What is the better meditation for a asthma patient who is suffering with numoniya now? and what is the suggested food and rest.
Jaundice is a disease which causes the skin and the sclerae of the eye to turn yellow. It is caused by hyperbilirubinemia or excess secretion of bilirubin into the blood. The body fluids may also turn yellow. The shade of the skin depends on the bilirubin level. A mild increase in the bilirubin turns the skin pale yellow, and high level makes the skin turn brown.
There are three primary types of jaundice:
- Hepatocellular jaundice: This type of jaundice occurs due to liver disorders.
- Hemolytic jaundice: This type of jaundice occurs due to the breakdown of erythrocytes or red blood cells, and then excess bilirubin is produced.
- Obstructive jaundice: This type of jaundice develops due to an obstruction in your bile duct, restricting the bilirubin to exit the liver.
The common causes of jaundice are as follows:
- Inflammation of the liver disables the secretion and production of bilirubin and results in a buildup of bilirubin.
- Inflammation of the bile duct disables the secretion of bile juice, which results in bilirubin removal and leads to jaundice.
- In case the bile duct gets obstructed, the liver cannot dispose the bilirubin and leads to hyperbilirubinemia.
- Hemolytic anaemia may result in jaundice. When a large number of red blood cells break down, bilirubin production gets enhanced.
- An inherited condition known as Gilbert’s syndrome may also lead to jaundice. The enzyme’s ability to process bile excretion is also impaired.
- Another medical condition called Cholestasis disrupts the flow of bile from the liver. The conjugated bilirubin containing bile remains in the liver and leads to jaundice.
- Jaundice is also caused from alcoholic liver disease, caused due to excess alcohol consumption.
Treatment of jaundice
Jaundice itself cannot be cured and hence, the underlying cause of the jaundice is treated. Different types of jaundice are cured using different methods:
- Jaundice induced by anaemia can be cured by increasing the iron amount in your blood. This is done by intake of iron supplements or having iron rich food.
- Jaundice caused from hepatitis is treated by injections of anti-viral and steroid medicines.
- Obstruction induced jaundice has to be treated by surgical means. The obstruction is removed by surgery.
- Jaundice inflicted from medication is usually treated by choosing alternative medicines and abstaining from the medicines which caused the jaundice.
- Jaundice can be kept away if you take proper care of your liver. For this, you should eat a balanced diet, work out regularly and prohibit yourself from consuming excess of alcohol.
Jaundice is the most common type of liver disorder and occurs in people of all ages and also in newborn babies. Keep away from contaminated food and water, if you want to avoid jaundice.