Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vikas Kamble
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vikas KambleYour feedback matters!
I am17 yrs old girl having -2.5 in right and+3.5in left sometimes my left eye turns outwards tell me about its treatment plzzzzz thnx in advance
" I have cold and cough problem from birth and I am 21 years old and when I go out in pollution and cold and cough starts what the reason and how it will cure I want the preventive measures and cure remedies please someone help.
Can I trust HIV rapid test at 23 days after exposure it came (-) I use condom and my fear is that have I disposed it properly or not? If she's HIV positive and her vaginal fluid is on the outside of the condom I have touched my penis after removal of the condom my doubt is will it transmit from my hand to the penis and get into my body stream next week also I have planned to take the rapid for HIV thanks in advance doctor.
Hello doctor, My boy baby 50 days older, he is continuously crying and not drinking mother milk much. Right now he has bigger tummy and cold, cough. Doctor said his respiratory system is low and it will be develop after 9 months.
My mother suffering from asthma from long time, but confirm by doctors now previously they said breathing problems by blood pressure. What is the caution we take now.
I am 21, I get cramps in my heart and mine digestion is also not proper from 2-3 months is this a heart disease?
Alcoholism is a severe problem, which can make a person's life miserable and also make the society detest him. The aim of treatment for alcoholism is abstinence or staying away from alcohol use. The treatment of alcoholism can only begin when an alcoholic accepts the problem and realizes that he must get rid of the habit for his own good and the good of his loved ones.
There are three main stages in the treatment of alcoholism:
- Detoxification: Detoxification is the first step required after a person stops using alcohol. The detox phase may include seizures, hallucinations and delirium tremens. The patient must be kept under proper observation.
- Rehabilitation: This step includes proper counseling and medications to provide the person with skills and motivation to remain sober. This can be done by making him an inpatient or outpatient, depending on the condition of the patient.
- Maintaining sobriety: This is the most important step where a person's self-will is tested. He needs to stay away from alcohol after getting out of rehabilitation for which he requires support. Meetings conducted by the Alcoholic Anonymous should be attended regularly by a recovering alcoholic.
For people in the early stage of alcoholism, discontinuing alcohol may cause several withdrawal symptoms such as poor sleep and anxiety. For long term alcoholics, severe withdrawal symptoms are experienced, which include shaking of the body, spasms, hallucinations and panic.
Several medicines may be required in the recovery period of an alcoholic.
Anti-anxiety medicines such as benzodiazepines are used for treating withdrawal symptoms like poor sleep. The medicines are usually used in the detoxification period. After this phase, they are discontinued.
For maintaining sobriety and to abstain from alcohol, several medicines are given to recovering alcoholics. A drug known as disulfiram is used after the completion of the detox period. This medicine reacts with alcohol metabolism and causes a person to vomit, become confused, have blurry vision and experience difficulties in breathing after consuming alcohol.
A medicine called naltrexone may be used for reducing alcohol craving. It can be prescribed even when a person drinks. It is given in the form of an injection. Antidepressants are also given to patients to reduce anxiety and depression.
Other ways to deal with alcoholism:
Several other instructions must be strictly followed by a recovering alcoholic to avoid relapse. They are as follows:
- People and places related to drinking should be avoided, and a person should make new nonalcoholic friends.
- Support groups and AA meeting must be attended regularly for motivation.
- Dependence on alcohol should be eliminated by starting different activities and getting involved in things.
Alcoholism is a severe problem, which may lead to death in case of extremities. Alcoholism can ruin a person's life, and proper measures must be taken to eliminate alcoholism.