Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay YadavYour feedback matters!
Sugary foods should be consumed in limited quantities as the bacteria in dental plaque changes them into acids.
I have a headache a lot of time I also have a stomach it a lot of time I do not know why did happens please help me what do I do.
My son who is just 3 years old; have a sever pain just below the abdomen. Whenever it happens I found that both the testicles go up and may be it would be the reason for that pain. please tell me how can it be cured.
Hello doctor. My baby girl is 9 month and 25 days old. She's 6.450 kg. Doctor said she is under weighted. Use bhukh nhi lagti h. Mai use khane me khichdi, daliya, sabudana kheer, suji ka kheer sab kuch de k dekh chuki lekin uska weight nhi badh rha. Give me a healthy baby food chart. Kitne time k antar pr kitne baar aur kya kya khilana hai. Please help me.?
My 2.5 year playful son complained me for pain in stomach at around 8: 00 pm. However the pain was not continuous. Due to pain he took light dinner and refused to take remaining food. At 9: 30 pm he again started crying due to pain then he had loose motion (but not very loose). Then he vomited after taking ORS. After that he vomited 3 times within an hour. I have given him Domped (4.5 ml) and then he slept as he has no energy in his body, but after half an hour he again vomited. Please provide your suggestions.
All diabetic patients who fast should be aware of certain facts if they fast during Ramzan, he further added.
All patients with diabetes should consult with their family physician regarding the Ramzan fast and learn the warning symptoms.
Type 2 diabetes will be controlled by diet and may require no special precautions.
Patients at risk of diabetes should avoid overeating to prevent post meal high blood pressure, after the predawn and/or sunset meal.
The exercise program for patients with diabetes on diet control should be modified to avoid lower blood sugar level. Exercise should be done 2 hours after the sunset meal.
Food restriction and dehydration may cause some cardiac risk in the elderly.
The choice of drugs in diabetes may require consultation with a doctor. Drugs that act by increasing the production of insulin are to be preferred. Some patients on metformin may fast safely with minimal complications. However, two-thirds of the total daily dose should be given just before the sunset meal and rest one-third before the predawn meal. Patients on pioglitazone may require no change in dose. Patients on sulfonylureas may require medical clearance before commencing fast.
Insulin dose also needs to be modified during the fast. Usually two doses of insulin, one before each meal, are sufficient.
If the blood sugar falls below 60, then the fast should be immediately broken.
Fast should also be broken if blood sugar rises to more than 300.
Patients should avoid fasting on sick days.
My son who is 3 years old suffering from seizures, I wanted to know any first aid given to him immediately to stop the seizure. First aid taken at home.
My daughter, 15 yrs, is having phlegm which turned into yellow now along with dry cough prevalent in nights. She was running fever and we consulted a doc one week back and was prescribed antibiotic. The fever subsided next morning itself and we did not use the anti biotic. Now, with dry cough, one ear blocked and scanty yellow discharge from nose, should the anti biotic would be administered?
This is very common after the baby has turned about 2-3 months of age or even slightly later. This appears as a red area with itching on the cheeks or the chest area. These babies usually have very dry skin, and it is also not uncommon for one of the parents to have eczema. This form is called atopic eczema. The severity of the eczema is very variable, but the vast majority grow out of the eczema by the time they reach 15 years of age. This tends to be a persistent problem and needs to be managed on a regular basis.
The most important factor to keep in mind is to use a gentle soap and a pH neutral moisturiser all over the body. The soap and moisturiser needs to be continued for years and the dermatologist may prescribe a steroid or anti-inflammatory creams for brief periods during a flare up.
A SPECIAL CASE of a 2 years old child needs attention: My nephew is 2 years old and he still doesn't walk. He doesn't speak though instead mama, papa, dada etc. Although he is very active child but where and what is the problem we are not getting it. He doesn't eat much too. According to us, if he don't eat heaving food then how he will build up his muscles and from where he will get energy? If we don't feed him that child can stay full day without any food. He did not get feeded by my sister and he stopped having milk when he was just about 3-4 months. He cries at lot when we take him to bath, he cries a lot when we comb him, he cries a lot when we change his clothes. He is of 2 years but looks like 4-5 months old child. We all family members and relatives are so worried about him. Is there any doctor who understands the problem and help us?
Exams are here again. As always we tend to neglect our food in the process of concentrating on studies. But we forget that to concentrate on studies we have to concentrate on taking a healthy diet.
Here are a few diet tips that will help you balance your study as well as diet.
1. Eat small and nourishing meals every three hours, instead of just 2-3 heavy meals. The brain needs a constant supply of energy and a heavy meal will divert the blood supply to digest the heavy meal.
2. Your daily diet must include 2-3 fresh, seasonal fruits. Start your day with a boost of fruit energy. Have a banana with a tablespoon of honey as the first meal of the day. Fruits provide you not only with fiber, vitamins and minerals but also simple and complex carbohydrates for short and long duration of energy supply when studying. The fiber will also help to keep the bowel movement clear.
3. A good breakfast is a must for anyone. The breakfast must contain foods with complex carbohydrates like flakes, oats, rawa (semolina), daliya (wheat cracks), poha (rice flakes) or pav with vegetables and a protein source such as eggs, milk, pulse, sprouts or paneer.
4. Nuts and dry fruits like almonds, walnuts, and dates provide nutrients which enhance brain power and concentration and also provide an extended source of energy supply.
5. Include potassium-rich coconut water, citrus fruits/ juices and soups in your diet.
6. Green leafy vegetables, pulses, and nuts will also provide vitamins and minerals to help avoid anemia. (Anemia is a common problem causing difficulty in concentration.)
7. Including milk as a bedtime meal and curd/lassi/buttermilk after lunch or as a mid-meal assures a supply of Vitamin B12 too.
8. Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated. Always keep a glass of water beside you to remember to take sips of water every 15 minutes.
9. Basic exercise like stretching, walking or yoga with meditation will help to reduce negative stress and also help you to get good sleep.
10. Avoid junk foods as they will provide you no nutrition.
11. Avoid stimulants like tea, coffee or colas as they may seem to perk you up but the energy does not sustain for long. Too much may even cause bloating or acidity.
12. Avoid aerated drinks as they are full of sugar and may cause a rapid rise in blood sugar levels causing a sudden rise and drop in sugar levels.
13. Chocolates may seem to may you feel good but the sudden rise and fall of sugar it causes in the blood can lead to trembling nervousness and panic.
14. Have your dinner if possible a little earlier than 9-10pm.
15. Keep about 2 hours between dinner and your bedtime.
16. Have a sound sleep for at least 7-8 hours daily.
Remember your body and mind need the fuel to help you perform the best. So, nourish it and take care of it and it will do the same for you.