Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vasant MahajanYour feedback matters!
My child is 9 day old she is suffering from cold from the beginning of her birth. Can help me pls .I'm very far from city.
My daughter in law is 30 years old feeding her one year old baby. She is suffering from back pain fatigue and weakness. Vit. D estimation shows deficiency having 11.44 ng/ml value. Question is whether it will be safe for baby to prescribe Calcirol to my daughter in law. What will be the safest medicine.
Sir, my 4 year old son suffering from calcium (hypocalcimia - kenny-caffey) and he was given rocaltrol 0. 25mcg (calcitrol capsules) every day. Is there any treatment to come over this problem ? Is it required to continue this medicine throughout his life period.
The following factors are most predictive of a healthy marriage.
A. Growing up in an intact, functional family
B. Parents were a good marital model
C. Both parents functioned well psychologically
D. Atleast 21 yrs at the time of marriage
E. Marry for positive reasons to share your life and not driven by thoughts such as fear of loneliness, parental or peer pressure or to rescue someone.
F. Know your partner for atleast six months
G. Commonalities in terms of sociology, economic class, race, religion, education, common interests
H. Physical attraction with potential to develop an intimate relationship.
I. Discuss important life organization issues like, work, money, children, to live with parents of your spouse or separately and life goals.
J. Support of family and friends is essential building blocks in a healthy marriage.
K. Consider your spouse as respectful and trusting friend
L. Sharing important information about self, taking each other's opinion for significant decisions.
M. Marital bond of respect, trust, and intimacy grows stronger in first three years of marriage.
N. Wait for atleast two to three years before birth of a planned child.
O. Maintain positive, realistic personal and marital expectations.
If atleast 50% of the above is also implemented it will give both the spouses a lot of contentment and motivation to build a strong bond and improve each day.
By Dr. Sharmila majumdar, senior consultant sexologist, psychoanalyst
Avis hospital, clinic of sexual health, mental health. Hyderabad
Hi. My baby is 67 days old. She cries lot in every night in the same time after 12 am and cries very hard till morning 5 am everyday. But morning she seems to be normal. Only every night same time she is crying lot. Please advise how to find if she is colic or not. Please advise what to to soothe her in night. Thank u.
My baby is 2 and half month old. He is losing hair. I afraid what I do. Which oil best for infant hair?
All parents expect their child to start going to school, learn writing and learning and do well in academics. However, children with dyslexia may not be able to progress at school at the same pace as others. The good news is that there are early pointers that can help a parent to identify dyslexia in the early stages. This can be helpful in training and support the child socially to learn and socialise normally. Dyslexia is a disability that affects both spoken and written language. They have a different learning style and when supported and encouraged, instead of mocked and insulted, they can become avid readers. The following are common 10 indicators of developing dyslexia in children, in general, and at school.
10 Behavioural signs to watch for in general:
- The child usually has difficulty concentrating and following instructions
- The child is easily distracted, seems to daydream, and tends to forget words.
- Poor personal organisation skills and is not very good at time keeping.
- May get confused between today, tomorrow, yesterday; east and west; right and left; up and down.
- Has difficulty remembering seasons, months and days.
- Tends to be doing something to avoid work.
- Seems distracted, and ‘daydream,’ does not seem to listen
- Requires a lot of effort focusing on things at hand and is constantly tired.
- Slow pace of processing in terms of spoken or written language
- Often appears withdrawn or lost in his own world.
10 Behaviours to watch for at school:
- Poor standard of writing and written work in comparison with oratory skills.
- Poor handwriting with badly formed letters.
- Confused easily between similar looking letters like m/w, n/u, b/d.
- Usually, messes up work by using close but wrong spellings and rewriting the same
- Mixes up words by using similar-looking words – quiet and quite, tired and tried.
- Same word is spelt differently at different times
- Poor motor skills and pencil grip leading to slow, inaccurate writing
- Produces a lot of phonetic spelling which does not change with repeated corrections
- There is difficulty in blending words together, and struggles a lot when asked to read out loud, can miss out or add words that are familiar in between
- Has difficulty connecting the story that is being written or read
As noted, these children have very inconsistent behaviour with very limited understanding of nonverbal communication. If these symptoms go on increasing as they grow, it is advisable to seek professional help so that support can be provided and the condition can be arrested at the early stages.