Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vasant D. Patil
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Vasant D. PatilYour feedback matters!
It's summer here and I'm noticing some small pimple like stuffs on my palms as well as my feet. Moreover it itches too and gives me a prickly sensation. What is it and what should I do? Are there any home remedies that can help without running to medical shops? Please help as it itches too much.
I am suffering from skin roughness. Its so painful. Day after day its increase. Should I use any type of sunscreen?
I met with an accident 3 months back but a scar on my face not going yet ,how can I get rid of that.
I am 65 yrs old male, weight 87 kg, height 165 cm (5 ft-5 inches) suffering from diabetes for last almost 15 years, taking amaryl mp1, one tab. In morning, mostly sugar remains under control only morning fasting is 125 -130, post meals 170-180. And 3 months average around 7, 2 I want to know the correct diet plan for me to reduce my weight and reduce morning /fasting sugar level also for information I am suffering from other problems as given below suffered with heart problem 3.5 years back and gone under by pass surgery. Now on ecosprin150 mg, atorec 20 mg, seloken xl 25 mg, suffering from prostate/stricture in urethra- problem taking urimax0.4 mg.
My wife has been diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome last week. Would you please suggest some medicines for the same. And does she have to follow a specific diet for it. Tysm.
Hi, I'm feeling tired and absent minded all the day. Even though I sleep for 7-8 hours I'm not able to cope up. Please advice on this Thanks.
My mouth is smell so strongly. I daily brush my teeth but the mouth smell is not going. What I will do for my mouth.
Diabetes is not an isolated disease but a syndrome. It brings with it a host of issues, affecting almost all organs, and that is the reason it is a dreaded issue. Diabetes is the result of chronic inflammation and this inflammation gradually spreads to all other organs. One of the main organs adversely affected is the kidneys. The kidneys are essential filtration agents, and impaired kidney function can have a series of bad effects on the body.
The good news is that not everybody with diabetes will have diabetic nephropathy. However, risk factors for developing diabetic nephropathy are:
- Severe, uncontrolled diabetes
- Family history
- Prior kidney disease, even chronic infection
- Race or ethnicity (native Americans, African Americans, etc.)
- Preexisting hypertension or high cholesterol levels
If you have these risk factors, then all efforts should be aimed at keeping blood sugar at highly optimal level. Once it reaches beyond a certain level, it is very difficult to get it under control.
There would be no symptoms in the initial stages
- If you suspect that increased sugar levels could be damaging the kidneys, it is imperative to do renal functions annually to test for onset of kidney malfunction
- There could be swelling of the feet and ankles
- Urine tests may indicate increased levels of protein in the body (serum albumin in particular)
The idea is to arrest or stop damage to the kidneys.
- Reduce and maintain blood pressure within the recommended levels. This will depend on the age and overall health status. Using angiotensin converting enzymes or angiotensin receptor blockers is the most effective way to control hypertension and related kidney damage
- Keeping blood sugar within the recommended levels helps reduce or stop damage to the blood vessels in the kidneys and thereby, prevent progression
- Maintain optimal levels of cholesterol, as this only adds to hypertension, which further worsens kidney function.
- Eat a heart-healthy diet and exercise regularly. It is a vicious cycle with components including hypertension, high sugar levels, increased heart disease, which all only continues in a circle nonstop. Breaking this cyclical trend is very important.
- Diet should not be too rich in protein, as the kidney function is impaired and may not be able to handle too much protein. Talk to a nutritionist as to how much protein is required and follow it strictly.
- Reduce salt levels in the diet, and strictly do not add extra salt onto your plate
- If you are a smoker, this is a great reason to quit, as it affects all the above conditions.
- Maintain weight under optimal levels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Endocrinologist.