Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Varushali Chaudhari
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Varushali ChaudhariYour feedback matters!
I have a small holes on my tonsils, and one kind of white thing comes out of it. It has been for 1 year. What is it? is it dangerous? should I let it get operated to get rid of it?
I cannot feel my smile and taste for past 7 month I got accident before 7 month from that date I cannot feel smile and taste.
My jaw is in pain from the right hand side the vein from my right ear till the chick is in pain can't eat food properly so I am worried when ever I chew something so it starts to pain so please suggest some medicine to cure it.
I am suffering from Dry mouth syndrome and mild anxiety. I am hypertensive and taking MetXL AM 50 OD on cardiologist advice. Please help.
People loose lose their teeth for various reasons ranging from gum diseases, bone loss conditions,dental cavities, injuries and age. A missing tooth, particularly at the front of your mouth, can lead to changes in your smile and loss of confidence. Apart from aesthetic reasons, a missing tooth also impacts the way you talk, and eat your food. Over time, the bone mass which was supporting the tooth starts eroding and causes the loosening of your neighboring teeth. To prevent this and regain the confidence of a beautiful smile, most people, as well as doctors, prefer dental implants.
Why are dental implants the preferred option?
Dental implants are a great way to replace missing teeth since they are the closest thing to getting back your original pearly whites. Most patients prefer implants to other tooth replacement options like dentures and dental bridges since they offer the maximum stability and durability. Patients maintaining their dental implants properly can expect them to last around 25-30 years and even more. Besides looking like real teeth, they also function like your natural ones. That alone is the reason why so many people consider them.
Now let's understand what are dental implants?
Dental implants are small titanium metal posts which are used to replace the roots of a missing tooth and support a custom made crown. They are placed in your jawbone through a minor surgical procedure that is done under local anesthesia at your doctor's chamber. To replace your missing tooth with an implant, the dentist will attach a crown that takes the place of your visible tooth. After your implant has fused with your jaw bone and healed, the crown will be changed to a permanent one that matches the colour of your teeth flawlessly. This process can be used to replace a single tooth or a number of teeth. Unlike bridges and dentures, crowns which are fitted to these implants do not shift or slip. The secure fit gives a more natural look. It also gives comfort while speaking and chewing food.
Is a dental implant very painful?
A dental implant is as painful as any other procedure done by your dentist, for eg a filling. Done under local anesthesia, an implant does not leave any open wound so the healing process is quicker. Minor discomfort after the placement of the implants can be relieved through normal painkillers like ibuprofen. Depending on which part of the mouth you have lost your tooth, your dental implant procedure should take less than an hour to complete.
Healthy gums for implants
If one is considering going for an implant, then you must know that implants need healthy gums with enough bone support. Oral hygiene is of utmost importance and regular dental visits should be made so as to ensure long term success of the implants.
Care of the Implants:
Usually dental implants are very successful and here are few steps to help you take care of them to get long term benefits:
- Good oral hygiene: Brush twice a day and make flossing a routine. Use of interdental brushes
- can help clean the areas around the implant.
- Abstain from smoking as it can make your bones weak and result in implant failure.
- Avoid putting too much pressure on the implants: Eating food items like gums and candies can
- break the crown of both artificial and natural teeth.
- Visit your dentist every six months.
If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.
Tobacco has many ill effects on the health and dental health is one of them. From dark stains to poor gum health to increased incidence of decay to the more severe oral cancer, tobacco has a very detrimental effect on your dental health. Read on know more about how harmful tobacco can be on the dental system.
- Brown teeth and tongue: One of the tell-tale signs of a smoker are the brown teeth and stained tongue. A dentist need not even be told that the person smokes, it just shows!! What is interesting is that these stains do not go away with a scaling, they just continue to form as long as tobacco is being put into the system.
- Gum disease: The oral health of a smoker is definitely not at its best. With the stains on the teeth, the gums are more prone for irritation and infection. This leads to grayish, unhealthy gums. The periodontal fibers are also affected, leading to bad breath, pocket formation and even tooth mobility in severe cases. The mouth is generally drier in comparison and so bacterial growth is more favored, further accelerating the process of gum disease and teeth decay.
- Dental caries: The increased amount of bacteria leads to greater incidence of dental decay. Chances of cervical decay (around the gum line) and root decay are higher in smokers.
- Bad breath: There are two reasons to it one is the tobacco per se and the second is the dry mouth, which leads to reduced saliva and increased bacterial growth.
- Impaired taste: The tongue has a constant coating too, leaving the taste buds unable to completely taste food substances. Ask any smoker a couple of questions and you would realize how they never get to enjoy and taste the food as it should be.
- Poor healing: Whether it is a gum disease, a tooth removal or a root canal therapy, smokers who go for dental treatment need a longer time to respond compared to nonsmokers. If smoking is continued at the same pace, then the chances of developing a dry socket with an extraction or a failed root canal therapy are quite high. There are more failures reported in success of implant in smokers as compared to non smokers.
- Cancer: The most dangerous and the most severe of all, cancer of the cheek, gums, lips, tongue, roof of the mouth can all happen in smokers, twice more likely in comparison with non-smokers.
Now, if all these are not good enough to kick the habit, remember this list is only for the mouth and the teeth. The whole body goes through a lot more harmful effects, and that should be a good reason to quit tobacco use in any form. If you need professional help, do not be embarrassed to seek.
My toothbrush is very normal but some times my teeth is very cold then what is the solution? Please advise.
I have teeth problem. Its bleeding and pain some time And more sensitive. Please give me proper solution.
I suffering bleeding from gums from from last 3 months currently i am using sensodine and also using hexidine for gargle and also hexigel for gums massage but result is not upto mark so what should i do?
Which tooth brush is right for teeth?
I want to advice people that soft, ultra soft tooth brushes are correct. Anyone of both can be used by people. Brush your teeth gently without application of pressure. Brushing time should not be more than 3 minutes.