Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Varsha Y SarodeYour feedback matters!
I am allergic to dust. Keep sneezing every morning and evening. I have taken medications before but it doesn't help.
I am suffering stool with mucous 2 to 3 times at morning since 2 month. No pain, and blood while defecation. What is problem. Endoscopy and ultrasound both are normal sir.
Sleep disorders are often associated with substance abuse. The problems in sleep arise as a result of direct effects of a particular substance. Substance induced sleep disorders can be caused by many drugs, regardless of whether or not the substance is medically prescribed, legal or socially acceptable. It can also be caused due to alcohol abuse.
If you experience problems in sleep on not having resorted to any substance or even if you are trying to quit, it is called ‘withdrawal’. The severity of the sleep disorder depends on the type of substance used, and not much on whether or not the drug is illegal. A number of prescription as well as non-prescription drugs are capable of causing sleep disorders. However, the severity of the sleep disorders tends to vary among individuals.
Problems in sleep that can be caused due to prescription drugs such as:
- Hormonal drugs e.g. oral contraceptives
- Drugs for high blood pressure e.g. beta blockers
- Inhalable respiratory drugs
- Steroids, such as prednisone
- Medications for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Diet pills
- Seizure medications
- Some antidepressants
Non-prescription drugs that can cause problems in sleep:
- Medications along with caffeine: These may include many cold and cough medications.
- Illegal drugs such as cocaine, amphetamines as well as methamphetamines.
- Nicotine is capable of disrupting sleep and reducing the total sleep time.
Alcohol is often regarded to be a calming drug or a sedative. While alcohol is capable of inducing sleep, the quality of sleep tends to be fragmented during the second half of the sleeping period. Consumption of alcohol usually tends to increase the number of times you wake during the latter part of the sleep. This is because the relaxing effect of alcohol wears off eventually. Alcohol tends to keep you in the lighter sleep stages more and thus, is at fault of not inducing the much required deep sleep.
If you consume alcohol just before you go to bed, the sleep inducing capacity might decrease as the effects that are disruptive continue to increase. The alcohol induced sleep disorders may lead to sleepiness and fatigue during the daytime. With age, these problems tend to grow in severity. Consumption of alcohol before bedtime, among the elderly, might lead to unsteadiness while walking with a higher risk of injuries and falls. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
One should take seasonal and locally grown natural food and vegetables grown out of organic farms. Eat less, dinner lighter then lunch, eat natural and in moderation – are few of the mantras.
Eating food supplements may be harmful. According to the American Heart Association (AHA), supplementation with beta carotene, vitamin C and vitamin E, either alone or in combination with each other or other antioxidant vitamins does not prevent heart disease.
High dose vitamin E supplementation (400 IU/day) may be associated with an increase in all–cause mortality.
Supplementation with vitamin C does not prevent a second heart attack.
Beta carotene supplementation may be dangerous and should be discouraged.
Vitamin E supplementation may be of benefit for only secondary prevention in heart patients with chronic renal failure who are undergoing hemodialysis.
The AHA concluded that current data do not justify the use of antioxidant supplements for the prevention or treatment of cardiovascular disease risk.
The above recommendations apply to supplementation only. Diets that are rich in natural antioxidants are associated with lower cardiovascular mortality.( Heart Diseases ). Any doubts you can ask me
I have been drinking from last week so in suffering from severe cough please suggest me to get rid of its.
Due to some occasion i was drinking continuously from past 15 days just skipped for three times in between and when i smoke more am feeling pain in my heart and stopped now completely and two days back i had heave liquor of almost 600ml and immediately from the next day i feel heavy pain in lower testicle and it been two days and now i feel feverish and pain in testicles. What is the immediate medication? what would be the reason behind it.My age is 23. Kindly do the needfull
When I have Veg-food it leads me to loose motions and heart burn. When I have Non-veg no problems. But I am fond of vegetarian food. How can I get?
Sir Dr. meri wife ka head bahut pain hota hai itna jyada hota hai ki wo behaush hojati hai. Aur usko thyroid bhi hai. Aaj hmne doctor se medicine bhi layi thi lekin usko farak nahi pad raha hai. please help me .3 month ago she delivered a baby. And put doctor told us that blood in her body is less.
age 32 from last 7 years I became chain smoker some time I get chest ,stomach pain and I feel laziness in the morning so I want to quiet smoking what should I do?
Hi mam/sir meri age 23 hai aur mujhe acidity ka bht problem hota hai aur acidity pure body mai hoti hai like leg mai etc.
Whenever you peruse through snack options in a store, looking for a fulfilling yet healthy option often turns out to be really challenging. This is where you might consider nuts, such as almonds or walnuts. They are healthy snacking options with rich reserves of protein, fibre, and energy.
However, even in the choice between almonds and walnuts, there are certain things which need to be kept in mind.
- Energy content: Almonds contain 14 grams worth of fat, and 164 calories whereas walnuts contain approximately 18 grams of fat but give 185 calories. Thus, we find that walnuts contain a slightly higher amount of fat than almonds, but provide more energy in the form of calories.
- Protein content: Almonds and walnuts are both protein powerhouses - containing 13% and 9% of protein content respectively. Thus, both these nuts are great sources of protein.
- Mineral content: Both almonds and walnuts are rich in various kinds of minerals. When it comes to Iron, which is essential for muscle health and blood formation, both nuts contain very similar amounts (approx 5%). Almonds pack 19% magnesium - essential for strong bones, compared to the 11% in walnuts. Walnuts, however, have very high amounts of copper (50%) and manganese (54%) which prove to be useful in reducing symptoms of PMS as compared to almonds.
- Fibre content: Fiber,which plays a vital role in completing the process of digestion, is another component that these nuts pack healthy amounts of. Almonds contain 16% fiber whereas walnuts have 8%.
- Vitamin content: While walnuts contain 12% Vitamin B6, compared to the 3% in almonds, the real point of difference between these two highly healthy nuts is in their content of Vitamin E - essential for healthy skin and eyes. Almonds contain almost 48% of it, whereas walnuts contain only about 2% of the same.
Thus, we get a fair idea about the high nutritional content for both these nuts. They are both essential, especially if they can be incorporated into our diets in the correct proportions.
Related Tip: Fresh Fruits Vs. Dry Fruits