Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Usha Kiran
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Usha KiranYour feedback matters!
I am 5th month pregnant and 20 year old. This is my first time pregnancy. For last 15 days my breast are itching. To get relief I pressed and itches. I want to know is it okay to pressed or itching? Or should I take some medicine. please guide me.
What is best contraceptive for a man or a woman after having 5 children as and still having option of conciving if needed in future and to make it complicated man does not want to use condoms anyway. What treatment should be given to either one of them without disturbing their normal married life. Thanks. I am from kolkata and one of friend from a Muslim community asked me this question I am myself a pharmacist and having retail pharmacy in kolkata in a hospital but I was not able or sure what to suggest him. I told him to use condoms but he refused that he does not want to use condoms. Pls suggest.
Symptoms Of Skin Fungus
While skin fungus may be caused by different environments and different types of fungi the signs or the symptoms of such infections are common:
• The skin of the feet peels, cracks or scales off
• Redness occurs on the skin as well as blister formation
• The skin tends to soften and breakdown
• There could be itching and burning
It is to be noted that skin fungus causes infections that are highly contagious. Thus, it can easily be transmitted from one person to another. The infected area needs to be treated or else it will spread to other areas of the body and cause complications. The different kinds of skin fungal infections like Jock itch, ringworm, athlete’s foot can be cured or prevented by taking note of the effective home remedies available.
Home Remedies For Skin Fungus
1. Proper Cleaning Routine
We often do not give adequate attention to the feet or clean it properly. It is necessary to:
• Wash feet thoroughly with soap
• It should be scrubbed or exfoliated from time to time to remove the dead skin cells.
Such regular cleaning rituals will keep the skin on the feet healthy and not allow bacteria to develop on it.
2. Keep The Feet And Shoes Dry
It is imperative that one maintains cleanliness and dryness of the feet and shoes:
• One should not wear shoes with wet feet
• The feet should be dried thoroughly after bath or washing
• If shoes are wet, they should be dried out properly before they are worn
3. Use Of Apple Cider Vinegar
If one has ringworm they can make use of apple cider vinegar and its antiseptic properties:
• The affected area should be cleansed with antiseptic soap first
• Apple cider vinegar should be applied on the affected area with a soft cotton ball
• The affected area should be massaged gently
4. Use Of Nail Polish
A common home remedy to get rid of skin fungus is to use nail polish remover or nail polish on it:
• If the fungus has affected the nails putting nail polish on it will kill the fungus and dry out the area
• The acetylene content in the nail polish does the trick
5. Do Not Wear Footwear For Long
If you tend to sweat or are active all day long, you need to remove the footwear often:
• It will help to dry out the seat
• It will reduce chances of fungal infection coming on
6. Apply Powder
If one is repeating the same pair of socks and shoes they need to:
• Apply baby powder in the shoes and the socks
• That will keep the moisture out and reduce chances of infection
7. Keep An Eye Out For Telltale Signs
It is hard to recognize the symptoms of fungal infection. One needs to keep an eye out for the first signs as the skin infection caused by fungi is contagious:
• Crusty skin layer forms on the top of feet
• Small rashes might develop which might itch
8. Do Not Wear Tight Fitting Clothes Or Shoes
When one has fungal infection they should resort to:
• Loose clothing that allow the air movement
• Comfortable fitted shoes should be worn to prevent aggravation of the infected areas
9. Tea Tree Oil
This is known to be an effective cure for fungal infections. It can be used in the form of:
• Ointment on the affected area
• The oil can be mixed with a carrier oil and then applied on the affected area
10. Preventing Skin Fungus On The Back
If you tend to sweat a lot you need to:
• Change the sweaty clothes
• Scrub the skin thoroughly when taking bath
11. Use Of Essential Oil
One can use the following essential oils to prevent fungus from growing on the skin:
• Garlic oil
• Tea tree oil
• Oregano oil
12. Use Of Hydrogen Peroxide
On can use a solution of
hydrogen peroxide and water in order to treat fungal infections. If one is suffering from such an infection:
• They can use such a solution to wash themselves or soak the affected area
• If the skin is sensitive, skin bleach can also be used to treat the affected areas
Exercise after pregnancy can make a woman feel at her best. It can help her to lose extra pounds specifically when it is combined with reduced intake of calories. It will also boost her level of energy and relieve stress along with strengthening and toning abdominal muscles. Exercising regularly will also set a positive example for your baby so that he or she can imbibe the same and include it in their regime from an early childhood.
Workout and Breast-feeding: Are they related?
Exercise is not deemed to have any negative effects on either breast milk composition or volume. It also doesn’t affect the growth and development of a nursing baby. Though some researchers report that high-intensity weight loss training may cause accumulation of lactic acid in the breast milk causing a sour taste, but such instances are very rare and don’t happen with regular free hand to moderate exercise.
If you are willing to indulge in vigorous exercise during the first few months of feeding your baby, you can feed him or her before exercising or pumping the milk before workout and feed it afterwards. Alternatively, you can take a shower after the workout and express a few drops of milk before feeding your baby.
When is the right time to start a workout?
If you had experienced an uncomplicated normal delivery, it is particularly safe to start exercising after a few days of giving birth or as soon as your body feels ready. If you had a complicated birth, or a C-section or an extensive vaginal repair, you should seek advice from a gynaecologist about the ideal time to start a workout program.
Activities that you may start with:
Every pregnancy and delivery are different, so check with your doctor before engaging in any workout program after giving birth. If you experience any heavy bleeding, excessive soreness, headaches, or other unusual symptoms during or right after exercising, stop immediately and call your doctor for advice. Here are some moves that will help you get your body ready for regular exercise.
- Walking: It may not sound like much of a workout, but walking is one of the simplest ways to ease into a fitness routine after giving birth.
- Deep Belly Breathing With Abdominal Contraction: This exercise is so easy you can do it an hour after giving birth. It helps relax muscles, and it starts the process of strengthening and toning your abs and belly.
- Head Lifts, Shoulder Lifts, and Curl-Ups: These three movements help strengthen back muscles. They also tone the tummy and abs and burn calories.
- Kegels: This classic exercise will help you tone bladder muscles and help reduce risks of incontinence associated with childbirth. The more kegels you do, and the longer you hold them, the better control you will have over those leaks caused by sneezing, laughing, or picking up your baby. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
वानस्पतिक नाम क्रोटन टिग्लियम वाली, जमालगोटा के फायदों और नुकसान दोनों ही ज्यादा हैं. उत्तर-पूर्व और दक्षिण भारतीय राज्यों में पाया जाने वाला जमालगोटा के पेड़ की ऊंचाई 15-20 फीट होती है. इसके फुल के अन्दर लाल-भूरे रंग का जो तेल जैसा पदार्थ होता है उसका औषधीय महत्व काफी ज्यादा है. जमालगोटा की तासीर गर्म होती है इससे शरीर में पित्त बढ़ता है और काफ पतला होता है. आइए जमालगोटा के लाभ और हानि को विस्तारपूर्वक समझें.
1. आंत के लिए
शरीर के महत्वपूर्ण अंगों में से एक आंत में कई बार कीड़े हो जाते हैं. आंत के इन कीड़ों को भगाने के लिए 20 मिलीग्राम जमालगोटा के बीज को पानी के साथ लेने से आंत के कीड़े ख़त्म होते हैं.
2. कब्ज में
कब्ज से पीड़ित मरीज को यदि सावधानीपूर्वक जमालगोटा दिया जाए तो उसे काफी आराम मिलता है. इसके लिए आपको जमालगोटा के बीज का पाउडर 20-40 मिलीग्राम नियमित रूप से देना होता है. इससे गंभीर कब्ज का इलाज भी संभव है.
3. बालों के लिए
जमालगोटा का प्रयोग बालों की समस्याओं को दूर करने के लिए भी किया जाता है. इसके शुद्ध बीजों का पेस्ट बनाकर सर में लगाने से गंजापन में सुधार होता है. यानी बालों का झड़ना रोकने में जमालगोटा काफी उपयोगी है.
4. पीलिया में
जमालगोटा की जड़ों के बाहरी छाल को गुड़ के साथ लेने से ऐसा माना जाता है कि इससे पित्त का स्त्राव बढ़ता है. इसे सफ़ेद मल को कम करने और पीलिया के उपचार में महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका निभाता है.
5. जोड़ों के दर्द में
जोड़ों का दर्द जिसे गठिया भी कहते हैं, इसके इलाज के लिए भी जमालगोटा का इस्तेमाल किया जाता है. जमालगोटा के बीजों से निकला तेल सूजन, फेफड़े के रोगों, गठिया और क्रोनिक ब्रोंकाइटीस आदि पर लागने से राहत मिलती है.
6. सांप काटने पर
सांप काटने के इलाज के रूप में भी जमालगोटा का उपयोग किया जाता है. इसके बीज के पेस्ट में नींबू का रस मिलाकर दिया जात्ता है. इसके अलावा एक उपाय और है कि जमालगोटा के 100 मिलीग्राम पाउडर में काली मिर्च को पीसकर मिलकर इसे पानी के साथ पिने से उल्टी होकर जहर निकल जाता है.
7. स्तंभन में
जमालगोटा से होने वाले विभिन्न लाभों में से एक स्तंभन दोष में इससे होने वाला लाभ भी है. जमालगोटा के बीज का पेस्ट बनाकर पनील क्षेत्र में लगाने से स्तंभन दोष में राहत मिलता है.
8. फोड़ा के लिए
जमालगोटा और क्रोटन के जड़ की बाहरी छाल के पेस्ट को त्वचा के फोड़े पर लगाया जाता है. जमालगोटा इन फोड़ों के फूटने में मदद करता है.
9. एक्जीमा में
इसका बीज एक्जीमा के उपचार में काफी सकारात्मक भूमिका निभाता है. जमालगोटा के बीज के पाउडर से पेस्ट तैयार करें और इस पेस्ट को एक्जीमा जैसे चमड़े से सम्बंधित किसी भी रोग में लगाने पर उसमें सुधार होता है.
10. बवासीर में
जमालगोटा के जड़ों का पाउडर और छाछ के पेस्ट का उपयोग बाहरी बवासीर के ऊपर करने से बवासीर सिकुड़कर सूखने लगता है. इससे सुजन में कमी आती है और मरीज राहत महसूस करता है.
11. जमालगोटा के अन्य फायदे
कफ रोगों के फायदेमंद जमालगोटा का लाभ पाचन और अवशोषण को सही करने में भी देखा गया है. इसके अलावा ये हमारा खून भी साफ़ करता है. आपको बता दें की पित्त के असंतुलित होने पर स्वाद में कड़वा लगने वाले पदार्थों का सेवन नहीं करना चाहिए.
जमालगोटा के नुकसान
- त्वचा पर फफोले और पेट में निर्जलीकरण व दर्द होसकता है.
- जमालगोटा का विषैला प्रभाव भी देखा गया है.
- यदि सावधानी न बरतें तो इसके तेल से म्रत्यु भी हो सकती है.
- गर्भवती महिलाएं और स्तनपान कराने वाली महिलाएं इसके इस्तेमाल से बचें.
- किसी चिकित्सक के सलाह से ही इसका प्रयोग करें.
Hi, Doc I think my estrogen levels are low. Asfrom last few months blood flow in periods is very less. And periods use to stop after 3 days. I am always in low mood, anxiety. Please suggest something doctor.
Which are most probable days (out of 28 days) of menstrual cycle to get definitely pregnant? Or tell me the days when I should have sex with my partner so that she will be pregnant?
Hi my wife has missed her period n its been more than 45 days n still dere is no sign for it n we have tested preganews showing negative results. Kindly tell me wat cud b d reason for dis.
Hello doctor, I am 9 months pregnant and my skin is getting darker day by day specially my facial skin and my neck. Pls help me suggest me some cream etc.
My mother 38 yr old had underwent operation for fibroid uterus with serous cystadenoma rt ovary 10yrs back by a general surgeon and she was doing well for almost 6yrs. But then she had pain abdomen vague pain. We consulted gynecologist and she referred her to oncologist suspecting a malignancy. She was diagnosed as stage 3c disseminated ovarian carcinoma in the year 2013. She had gone through 6 cycles of paclitaxel and cisplatin. 6 cycles of doxorubicin still ca125 remained high, refractory to treatment then changed to etoposide. My doubt is does there is any negligence from the side of general surgeon who had done surgery in 2006. As he said that he is not able to respect some tissue so he left it.
Recurrent pregnancy loss refers to the situation when three consecutive pregnancy loss takes place. A pregnancy loss is a clinically defined pregnancy which ends before twenty weeks.
Causes of recurrent pregnancy loss
- Major cases of pregnancy loss occur due to genetic abnormalities and chromosomal abnormalities. The abnormality may occur from the sperm, egg or the early developed embryo.
- Recurrent pregnancy loss may occur in a woman due to ascending maternal age. This happens because of poor quality of the egg, which further leads to chromosomal abnormalities. In some cases, the pregnant mother or the father can have some gene irregularities. In such cases, the would-be-born infant is affected, and this causes pregnancy loss or miscarriage.
- Uterus abnormalities also lead to recurrent pregnancy loss. This may happen because of poor supply of blood to the uterus. Abnormalities in the uterus are in-born in some women and in others these may develop over time.
- Women having a poor immune system are likely to suffer pregnancy loss. Abnormalities in hormone secretion like thyroid or diabetes may also cause pregnancy loss in women.
- If a woman suffers from abnormalities in blood clotting, the chances of miscarriage are enhanced.
Testing for recurrent pregnancy loss
Several tests and examinations should be carried out for detection of pregnancy loss.
- Karyotype analysis of the woman and her male partner has to be conducted. Karyotype refers to the genetic or chromosomal constituents of an individual and this test is carried out to detect abnormalities in genes and chromosomes of the parents, which cause miscarriage when passed on to the developing infant.
- Another test includes the evaluation of the uterus and the uterine cavity. This is done by ultrasound, saline ultrasound, MRI, hysterosalpingogram X –ray or by hysteroscopy. These tests help to get information on the uterus shape, about fibroid presence, detect abnormalities within the uterus and observe the opening and closing of the tubes. Tests to detect the functioning of hormones are also carried out.
The treatment for women with recurrent pregnancy loss depends upon the underlying causes of the pregnancy loss.
- In case of patients with karyotypic abnormalities, genetic counselling is recommended, where a specialist is consulted to know about chromosomal abnormalities.
- Prenatal genetic studies are carried out by some couples to know about the offspring’s genetic make-up. This is done with chorionic villus sampling or with amniocentesis. A process known as in vitro fertilization (IVF) can be carried out.
- In case of uterine abnormalities, a surgery may be performed and medications for reducing blood clot are used if antiphospolipid syndrome is detected.
Recurrent pregnancy loss may happen due to various reasons and proper tests, and treatment procedures should be carried out for curing pregnancy loss. This phenomenon affects a woman and her partner deeply. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Vata resides in the colon and colon is therefore primarily responsible for all the vata disorders.
Vata imbalance in the skeletal system (asthi dhatu) causes osteoarthritis.
Vata imbalance with toxins (ama) causes rheumatoid arthritis.
Vata imbalance in blood (rakta dhatu) entering into bony tissue causes gout.
Massage with sesame oil to reduce the vata.
Digestion must be improved so that no further ama is produced. Fasting is very beneficial for digesting the ama. Duration of fasting depends upon the strength of the person, place and season.
Consume the foods which are easily digestible and do not make wind or gas.
Vegetable juices and juice of carrot, beetroot and cucumber mixed together is also beneficial.
Green salad, fruits like apples, oranges, grapes and papaya can be taken.
Use of cumin, coriander, ginger, asfoetida, garlic, fennel and turmeric is also helpful.
Avoid eating hot, spicy and fried foods, sweets, wind forming foods like cabbage, cauliflower, spinach and potatoes should be prohibited.
Avoid taking too much tea, coffee, alcohol, white sugar, yogurt, chocolate and cocoa, excessive smoking.
Sleeping during day time, staying up late in the night and mental tensions like worry, anxiety, fear, stress and grief etc, should be given up.