Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Uma PathareYour feedback matters!
I have first time intercourse on 20th dec with my boyfrnd. Does it cause pregnancy? I have period on 27th of Nov. But till now I dint have my periods. If it cause what is the remedy for that?
Causes of eating disorders and risk factors associated with them
Conditions related to the eating patterns or behavior of an individual which leave a negative impact on the health of the person are known as eating disorders. These can lead to the deficiency of sufficient nutrition in the body. The heart, the digestive system, the bones, and the teeth and the mouth are the body parts that generally get affected due to this condition.
Although the root cause is not known exactly, there are several factors which can be held responsible for causing this type of disorders likes:
1. Genetics-A person, who has parents or siblings suffering from eating disorders, has higher chances of suffering from it as well.
2. Society- In order to fit into the society, people often find it very necessary to look the best, which means being thin. Peer pressure and the worry about what people say fuels the desire, more like desperation in a person to become thin, which may lead to an eating disorder.
3. Emotional and psychological health- Problems directly linked with the psychological and emotional health of a person, like low self-esteem, impulsive behavior, relationship associated trouble and perfectionism can also lead to eating disorders.
There are certain factors which increase the risk of eating disorders.
1. Age-Anyone can suffer from this condition. However, a teenager or a young adult has higher chances of getting an eating disorder.
2. Gender- Females have higher risks of suffering from eating disorders than men.
3. Stress- Anyone who is going through any kind of emotional/mental stress has high chances of getting an eating disorder.
4. Family history-People who have a family history of this condition, i.e. their parents or siblings had suffered from it earlier, have higher chances of getting any kind of eating disorder.
5. Other mental disorders-Obsessive compulsive disorder, depression and anxiety are some mental disorders which may trigger this condition in an individual.
6. Profession-Athletes, sports persons, dancers, models or actors have higher chances of suffering from eating disorders because they always have this urge/want to look the best, so they starve themselves.
Related Tip: Can Depression Really Increase Creativity?
Instead of spending a lump sum amount on supplements that are marketed for athletes and fitness fanatics, you can just make a few changes to your diet and add these 5 super foods mentioned below to your daily dietary plan to increase your endurance and power. Eating whole foods rather than manufactured and processed food is recommended in this regard. Also, athletes should inculcate these food items into all their regular meals and snacks, instead of just before a big event or after exercising.
- Wild Salmon: This power food is essential for athletes because it contains high quality protein i.e. lean protein, Omega-3 fatty acids (that is anti-inflammatory) and vitamins B12 and B6. Athletes should opt for wild salmon since they are less contaminated than their farmed counterparts. Salmon enhances athletic performance and helps build muscles. It also lowers the risk of prostate cancer and chronic heart diseases, and makes recovery from injuries quicker.
- Bananas: Bananas are the favorite pre and post workout recovery food. It is loaded with potassium that helps in regulating fluids and prevents muscles from cramping or spasming and also contains vitamin B6 which is anti inflammatory and prevents cardiovascular diseases. It is easy to digest and has natural electrolytes that are beneficial to athletes.
- Nuts: Combining protein and healthy fats, nuts are natural and easy to digest. They can balance your blood sugar levels and help in breaking down carbohydrates for long durations without upsetting your stomach. Athletes with high calorie needs must consume nuts. It is rich in vitamins and minerals; unsaturated fat that is anti-inflammatory and fiber that helps stabilize energy levels.
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal is considered to be the most nourishing food for athletes. It is very rich in protein and has high soluble fiber content and complex carbohydrates. It is essential for athletes looking to put on weight. It is also important for maintaining glucose levels and cholesterol. It is rich in vitamin B, minerals and antioxidants.
- Sweet Potatoes: Imperative for their starchy content, sweet potatoes are rich in vitamin A and C, which are powerful antioxidants, and minerals such as potassium, iron, manganese, and copper that are necessary for healthy muscle function. Sweet potatoes help in lowering of blood pressure and removing free radicals from your body.
Can a female take meprate after 10- 12 days of miss period and what should be the dose and how many to take in a day. Does meprate may cause of too much bleeding from vagina.
My wife is never ready to have sex. She says. She gets burning sensation. We can't even plan a baby after 10 years of marriage because we have never ever had an intercourse. please suggest.
For the last 5 years I have been suffering from pcod. I am taking yasmin since then. Till now everything was okay but for last few months my menstrual flow has been reduced and I am feeling as I have gained some weight. What should I do.
She has had a miscarriage from having a pill but she hasn't had a period since then, it has almost reached 2 months now, is she still pregnant?
I m a female of age 30, And having thyroid, my height 5'4" And weight 78, M over weight and having menstrual problem with Pcod. My periods are irregular and to get them on time I have to take med. Like meprate 10; Pls guide me to solve my menses problem and I m following your weight loss tips too to reduce my weight
My girl friend took an ipill a day after we had unprotected sex .but the problem is she had a feeling of getting her regular periods in the morning on the particular day on which day we had sex but she did not get her periods on the same day ,and it's already a week from her actual dates and still she did not have her menstrual cycle (periods) still .is there any chances of conceiving ,we are worried about this please guide us.
I am married my age is 27 and wife we both are enjoy sex but I am worried about her, she most like oral and she do it 3-4 times in week but maximum time I discharge in her mouth and all sperm go inside so I think this is harmful? What should I do for her aggressive oral thinking plzz help me
I am 56 year old. I had been vesovesoctomy operation since 1994. I want reopen again. My wife 30 year old. Can she conceive successfully?
It's my 9th month of pregnancy going on. From yesterday night I got a fluid like starch from my vaginal. Is it makes any problem.
Hi doctor I can take ayurvedic and homeopathy medicines for pcod any side effects or problem please tell me.
Moringa rolls stuffed with grilled cheesy mushroom capsicum salad, garnished with seasonal fruits and nepal tulsi,
Healthy food need not be tasteless, agree? it can be yummy too!
This is complete balanced healthy morning breakfast meal to start the day on a fresh healthy note, it has cereal, protein from low-fat cheese, micronutrients n fibre from mushrooms, capsicum, fruits, good antioxidants from wheat germ, strawberries, basil, iron from drumstick leaf, vitamin c from orange, vitamin e from wheat germ, well it's a complete package.
This easy to prepare, yummy, tasty, nutritious, healthy recipe is good for diabetics, weight watchers, cardiac patients, kids and the list goes on.
Dtn. Neetha dilip.