Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Uma Iyer
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Uma IyerYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor I have infection on my vagina and its very itching and hurts me while sex how can I cure it naturally.
Well! We have heard so many good things about milk in commercials. Have we ever sat and thought through the real benefits of milk? Apart from being a healthy drink and the backbone of the dairy industry, this calcium-rich drink has innumerable benefits. In this article, we will discuss some not so known pros of milk:
- Complexion: If you want your complexion to lighten, instead of buying cosmetics, drinking 2 glasses of milk will fetch more benefits. Milk helps the skin to supple, glow and soft. Owing to its countless nutrients and vitamin contents, milk can be your best friend, if you are seeking a fair complexion.
- Strong Teeth: Being a tremendous source of Calcium, consumption of milk ensures strong teeth and help a person refrain from the decay of tooth and cavities. Care should be taken that Vitamin D is also consumed along with milk. The former helps the body to absorb calcium.
- Healthy Bones: Bone health and milk has a direct co-relation. It is, therefore, advised that kids consume milk to ensure proper growth. In the case of an adult, milk makes the bone strong and mitigate the risk of osteoporosis. A daily serving of one glass should do the trick for any individual.
- Weight Loss: Studies in the past have shown that women who consume milk daily can shed weight quicker compared to those who do not drink milk. A glass of milk can be drunk as a fulfilling appetizer, evening snack etc. It makes sense that milk is drunk during the night just before sleep.
- Stress Reduction: A study conducted by the Stamford Medical School in the year 2002 revealed that a warm glass of milk can go a long way in relieving stress. Daily consumption of milk after a hard day’s work can not only relax the nerves but calms the mind as well.
- Energy Buster: While milk is a great health drink, one can always turn to it when the body needs an energy boost. Milk can instantly revitalize the body. It is advisable that an ice-cold glass of milk should be consumed when there is a need for instant body revitalization.
- Eliminator of Diseases: There have been countless studies performed over the last few decades about the health benefits of milk and its capability to fight critical diseases. For instance, milk can mitigate the risk of strokes, keep blood pressure down, reduce cholesterol production of the liver, improve the eyesight, negates the chances of many types of cancer etc.
To ensure that the general health of the body is maintained, consumption of a tall glass of milk is necessary. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I had sex with my bf than I took a unwanted 72. After that my periods came 1 day late and stayed for 2 days. It was brown in color and it was not usual. I took pregnancy test 2 times after that and both the times it came negative. Can I be pregnant after that? I am having a little high body temperature right now can it be the reason behind me taking pill?
I have chest tumor in nipple very hard. This is not pain but I have in very depression this about. What is treatment.
This time I can't afford child please tell me some medicine for preventing pregnancy please tell me Cooper T It is safe or unsafe.
My friend who is 22 years old have irregular period. Last time she had period on 3-4 march and till now her period did not come. She always has irregular period problem. Some time she has period every month and some time in every two month. Pls give your opinion. Thnx.
How to know if you have PCOS?
There is no single test to diagnose PCOS. There are many myths about PCOS. Some common signs and symptoms to look for are:
Irregular menstrual cycles
Irregular periods also called Oligomenorrhea
Weight gain, overweight (difficulty losing weight)
Difficulty losing weight
Excess hair growth on face and body- called Hirsutism
Darkened patches of skin
Type 2 diabetes
High cholesterol and high triglycerides
High blood pressure
Cysts on the ovaries(multiple)
Sleep Apnea(when breathing stops for a short period of time while asleep)
Decreased sex drive
Increase in stress levels
What one should try and understand is that out of these battery of symptoms which are listed above not all but a few would be present in an individual. If you as a patient compare yourself with another PCOS patient, some symptoms would overlap and some would be unique to you.
PCOS has become very common these days no doubt but it should not be over-diagnosed either. If you feel that you have any or many of these symptoms please consult your doctor.