Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ThakurYour feedback matters!
What is it?
Headache is a pain in any part of the head, including the scalp, upper neck, face (including the eye area).
A primary headache is caused by problems with or overactivity of pain-sensitive structures in your head. A primary headache isn't a symptom of an underlying disease.
What are the causes and triggers?
The three most common causes of a primary headache are:
- Cluster headache
- Tension-type headache
Some primary headaches can be triggered by lifestyle factors, including:
- Alcohol, particularly red wine
- Certain foods, such as processed meats that contain nitrates
- Changes in sleep or lack of sleep
- Poor posture
- Skipped meals
Doctors focus on determining whether a headache has another cause. They also check for symptoms suggesting that a headache is caused by a serious disorder. If no cause is identified, they focus on identifying which type of a headache is present.
Tips that could help before seeking consultation:
- Try to keep stress in check. Stay organized and prepared to minimize stressful situations. Have some fun, and don't overdo it at work.
- Try incorporating meditation or yoga in your daily regime
- Apply a heating pad, hot water bottle or warm compress to aching muscles. Or take a hot shower.
- Apply an ice pack wrapped in a towel to the neck.
- Practice good posture to ease muscle strain. While standing, keep shoulders back and head level, buttocks and abdomen pulled in. While sitting, keep your head straight and thighs parallel to the floor.
When to seek consultation?
In people with headaches, certain characteristics are cause for concern; these people should immediately seek medical consultation:
- It occurs more frequently than usual
- Are more severe than usual
- Worsen or don't improve with appropriate use of over-the-counter drugs
- Prevent you from working, sleeping or participating in normal activities
- Headaches that cause you distress, and you would like to find treatment options that enable you to control them better
- Tenderness at the temple (as when combing hair) or jaw pain when chewing
- The presence of cancer or a disorder that weakens the immune system
- Use of a drug that suppresses the immune system
- Red eyes and halos seen around lights
- If you are experiencing certain other symptoms like- headaches that increase in frequency or severity, headaches that begin after age 50, worsening vision, weight loss
A headache can be a symptom of a serious condition, such as a stroke, meningitis or encephalitis. Go to a hospital emergency room or your local emergency number if you have the worst headache of your life, a sudden, severe headache or a headache accompanied by:
- Confusion or trouble understanding speech
- Fainting, drowsiness, confusion
- High fever, greater than 102 f to 104 f (39 c to 40 c)
- Numbness, weakness or paralysis on one side of your body
- Stiff neck
- Trouble seeing, speaking or walking
- Nausea or vomiting (if not clearly related to the flu or a hangover)
If people with none of the above symptoms or characteristics start having headaches that are different from any they have had before or if their usual headaches become unusually severe, they should call their doctor.
Doctors can usually determine the type or cause of headaches based on the medical history, symptoms, and results of a physical examination. Depending on their other symptoms, the doctor may advise taking an analgesic or ask them to come for an evaluation.
M married newly 1 week my penis is not standing properly even 3or 4 hrs in nite with my wife please help me Dr.
What is diabetes? What are type 1 and type 2 diabetes? What are the symptoms of diabetes? What are the fruits eatable diabetes patients? Which fruits not eatable the diabetes patients? How it controls type 1 and type 2 diabetes?
Feeling nausea headache vomiting pains leg pains hand pains fingers nd nails are getting loose. Getting headache.
I am 18 years old male, I haven't slept for last 3 days and theirs severe headache all day, I tried many home remedies but it doesn't work, what should I do?
Hello doctor, I have been having stomach cramps and loose stool since 2 days. I vomited twice yesterday after having food. What should I do?
Allergies are among the most common chronic conditions worldwide. Allergy symptoms range from making you miserable to putting you at risk for life-threatening reactions.
An allergic reaction begins in the immune system. Our immune system protects us from invading organisms that can cause illness. If you have an allergy, your immune system mistakes an otherwise harmless substance as an invader. This substance is called an allergen. The immune system overreacts to the allergen by producing antibodies. These antibodies travel to cells that release chemicals, causing an allergic reaction.
A number of different allergens are responsible for allergic reactions. The most common include:
• Insect stings
• Animal dander
We have different allergy profiles to detect the type of allergy and its severity. Allergy is done by blood test.If you know your allergy you can easily avoid it.
I am suffering from flu fever from last two weeks, can you suggest which medicines give relief to me.
Dear sir, our neighbour was facing a critical problem please advice to solve the problem. She is 51 years old. Two years back she had taken a treatment for urinal cancer at kurnool govt. Cancer hospital. All off sudden recently she was suffering with stomach pain that too at toilet time. Finally what she found that the potty came from vagina not from anus. Due to these she suffered with pain. Advice please to solve the issue.
Ovarian cysts are a common development in many women. Cysts are sacs filled with fluid which are formed in the female ovaries. Most cysts are harmless and do not even show any symptoms. However, some cysts do show outward symptoms like heavy bleeding, clotting, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain during the menstrual cycle, and pain during sex.
If you feel any of the above-mentioned discomforts, it will be in your best interest to consult a gynaecologist and get a check-up done. Most cysts are manageable unless they are very severe. In fact, it is best that cysts come to light at the right time and are efficiently managed, unless they develop into severe issues in the future.
Management of cysts
- Oftentimes, medical practitioners resort to what is called ‘watchful waiting’.
- At times, ovarian cysts disappear in a few months.
- It is recommended to take a blood test and an ultrasound to see the progress of the cyst.
- If you have already experienced menopause, then these tests are carried out every four months. This is because in such cases the risk of an ovarian cancer is at its highest and regular monitoring of the cyst is necessary.
Treatment of cysts
Ovarian cysts can be treated in their earlier stages. Here are some of the most popular treatments.
- Laparoscopy is one of the most popular treatments. It is a surgery carried out under general anaesthesia. The tummy is cut to a radius of a key hole and a laparoscope is inserted. This helps the doctor to see the internal organs, which is then used to remove the cyst. This method is less painful and has a quick recovery time.
- Laparotomy is the other method used for removing a cyst. In case the cyst is large, then one single large hole is made in the body to access the cyst. At times, the cyst and the ovaries are removed and sent for further laboratory inspection. This inspection is done to detect whether the samples are cancerous or not. This procedure is more complex than the previous one and might need the patient to stay in the hospital for a few days.
- In case you have a cancerous cyst, then your reproductive part itself would have to be removed rendering you barren for your life.
Ovarian cyst is very much treatable and is best to be detected at an earlier stage for better and faster treatment. Thus, it is best to go for regular check-ups and report in case of any disturbing symptoms.