Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Tejinder SinghYour feedback matters!
Cancer is the one of the biggest threat to the young Indian population because of the factors that cause cancer, but also due to late detection. However, certain bad habbits and the factors increase the risk of cancer in India.
Causes of cancer in India:
- Overpopulation and the problem of nutrition: As per records, India is the world's third most populous country. However, it lacks in resources to feed the multiplying number of mouths. Nutrition plays a key role in deciding the quality of a person's life. Nutrition has therefore emerged as an essential branch of research and medical care in the last few decades. Lack of nutrition directly results in weakened immunity. Your body becomes prone to diseases, some of which can be fatal. To fight off cancer cells, one must have a strong immune system that comes from the right kind of nutrition.
- Smoking is a recurrent habit among children and adults: Smoking can cause cancer. Every cigarette packet reads the same warning messages but it doesn't actually deter smokers in any way. Smoking is prevalent among people of all age groups in India. From poor children to conscious educated adults, all are seen smoking.
- A Tropical country and its woes: Tropical countries are known to face the wrath of the sun. While most places in central, western, partly eastern and southern India experience extremes of temperature in summer, other places with moderately hot summers are not exempted from the harmful UV rays. Ultraviolet rays can be very harmful for one's skin, as it can cause skin cancer. Indians have a high amount of melanin, which protects them against sun rays, but the threat exists nonetheless.
- The concept of fast food: A global economy has opened avenues awaiting your attention in the realm of food. To suit the tones and moods of a fast life, fast food has been made available to you. We take pride in consuming things that can be prepared in an instant: instant noodles, soups and even curries. Packaged food and junk food are sources of cancer cells.
- Lack of awareness regarding the most common types of cancer: Breast and cervical cancer are the two most common types of cancer eating away the health of Indians. The problem lies in being unaware about the root causes, symptoms and treatment procedures related to these kinds of cancer. Social repression turns health concerns into matters of insignificance. Women fear social alienation after coming in the open with their problems.
What are the symptoms of cancer how often it can cause because of smoking m suffering from heavy cough is that the symptoms?
I am 50 yr. Old, one tumor on right site eye above 3finger, and another right side of chest below (bagal) tumor, I want to surgery, please Give me your advice or what can I do, sirji. Please Guide to me.
Hi, I am a 46 years old female, and I have developed a lump on my left breast, is there any treatment in ayurveda for this without taking any medicines only by using oils? Thanks.
I have been smoking for 3 years. On a daily basis I used smoke 1 or 2 cigarettes. Fortunately I have quit now. It has been 2 months since I quit. I can see a group of very small ulcers adjacent to one another inside my mouth which don't pain and are there from 3 weeks. At the same time I had 4-5 normal mouth ulcers that have healed but these small ones are not healing. So my ques is that is it possible for me to have mouth cancer? Or I already have it? And what's the cure, precaution and remedies?
Please can you tell me, what are the symptoms of blood cancer? And is there any treatment for blood cancer to cure?
My mother age 45 years has neuroendocrine small cell carcinoma cervix that was diagnosed in august last year, stage 3B She was operated before receiving any chemotherapy and her uterus was removed. Then we started the treatment from a better hospital where she received 6 cycles of chemo (etoposide & cisplatin) and 28 days of external and two sessions of internal radio therapy (ovoid). The last PET CT she had was saying that the conditions are better and with no cancer been seen. The question I wanted to ask that there has been no medicines going on for stopping the recurrence of cancer from our doctors, are we on the right path. Is this how it suppose to be going with no further medicines? And what are the things that can be done to assure that there is no re occurrence.
I have a PSA of 18.5. I insisted on having an MRI done before I would agree to a biopsy. The MRI came back showing two areas with a PI–RADS 5 (very likely cancer) One area with a PI-RADS 4 (very likely cancer), One area with restricted diffusion and abnormal signal One area with restricted.
Mu father is suffering from liver cancer and is at final stage because the cancer is spreading very fast and now also covered his lower left lung doctors said that it can't b curable is there any hope?
I have tumor on beside of knee since 6-7 years. It is benign tumors. Sometimes it had been grown, and painful. After some days it come back to normal size and painless. In later stage it can be malignant or not? It it dangerous to me? Please give me your opinion.
My dad has detected a carcinoma esophagus now we taking a treatment in Mumbai Hinduja hospital. 3 chemo are completed doctor said no any spreading in body. So please tell me any suggestions.
Hello, I am 45 years old. My father diagnosed for ca prostate at the age of 59 and he is under treatment. Whether I will get the disease as hereditary? what precaution I have to take? any tests have to be done periodically? kindly advise.
How can one check if they have breast cancer or not? What are the symptoms? Could you please explain it in detail?
I guess some limb has been grown in side my breast. I am really concerned regarding this. Kindly help me.
Hi! Doctor my question is that my wife age is 32 and he wants to know that whether she can have injections for uterus to prevent any kind of uterus cancer in future. Is this the right age for that or not.
The most dreadful part of getting to work and getting back home in the evening is the being stuck in a traffic jam. Whether you’re driving yourself or being driven home, a traffic jam can sap your spirits and make you feel tired even though you’re not really exerting yourself. According to a recent study, these traffic jams not only increase your stress levels, but also make your body susceptible to cancer.
Yes! They can be a major reason behind your ill health-
- Bumper to bumper traffic that moves at snail pace can be very stressful, especially if you have to get somewhere at a particular time. The irritation of not being able to move at your desired pace adds on to the million other things going on in your mind. The body reacts to stress by increasing blood sugar and blood pressure levels. Long term stress can lead to digestive problems, fertility issues and a weakened immune system that makes the body vulnerable to other diseases and infections. Stress can also lead to the development of behavior like smoking, drinking and over eating which can increase a person’s risk of cancer.
- Pollution levels are highest at traffic signals and at traffic jams. This is because at a busy intersection, cars go through various stages such as accelerating, braking and idling in a restricted space. Each of these actions is accompanied with emission of toxic gases and fine particles of matter which concentrate in an area and take longer to disperse. Contrary to popular belief, people in cars can be more affected by these pollutants than pedestrians. This is especially true in cases where people have their windows up and fans on as the fans suck in polluted air leading to a buildup of toxic gases inside the car. When these gases and particulate matter are inhaled, they get stuck in the nose and throat and are absorbed into the blood stream. Long term exposure to this can have serious negative effects on the body including a higher risk to cancer. To avoid this, ensure that the setting of the ac of your car or fan is set to only circulate air inside the car without drawing in polluted air from outside.
Also, try and find ways to avoid traffic jams. If your office allows, maybe you could try changing your timing a little. Experiment with routes. Often the inner roads have more twists and turns but much less traffic.